Highlights of Dave Jones managing Sheffield Wednesday

3 hours ago, Arthur Bach said:

One of our best managers of the last 25 years.

His managing style was the same no matter which club he was managing, Wednesday fans obessession to be loved and patted on the head is such that they can't see past one of the greatest achievments in our history, all at the expense of our most bitterest rivals.

The manager he replaced took it upon himself to label our squad 'Aldi' players in a shameless ploy to avoid blame for what was a floundering season. Jones then proceeded to take these so-called worthless players and went on an unbeaten streak and secured automatic promotion on a memorable day in 2012.

It went bad, but then again it always go bad otherwise you would never change manager.

Unfortunately, the same faction of traditionalists are subtlely handing out the same kind of scorn on both our current manager and chairman.

Exactly.

He took us on that memorable run but people won't give him credit.

Maybe if he kissed the badge more and said we were massive then he might get the credit.

There is no doubt it went sour in the end but there were highlights 

The 2-2 v Derby seems to be fondly remembered and it was under Jones

He also kept us up the next season which was not easy. He had a bottom 4 budget.

Only him and one other manager have an SWFC promotion on their CV since big Ron in 91.

He was a bit grumpy, so is everyone.

Megson was getting ready for next season in the event of a failed play off - that's why DJ came in because he said I'll do it now.

And it was the best football we played since about 12 years before and 4 after.

I will never get my head round how fans think Megson would have taken on that run.

He didn't just come in and fluke it. He changed the tactics and playing style to a different animal over night.

1 hour ago, Cersei said:

He also kept us up the next season which was not easy. He had a bottom 4 budget.

Only him and one other manager have an SWFC promotion on their CV since big Ron in 91.

He was a bit grumpy, so is everyone.

Megson was getting ready for next season in the event of a failed play off - that's why DJ came in because he said I'll do it now.

And it was the best football we played since about 12 years before and 4 after.

I will never get my head round how fans think Megson would have taken on that run.

He didn't just come in and fluke it. He changed the tactics and playing style to a different animal over night.

What animal did he change it to?