Which version of the badge is the right one?

8 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

When you realise the eu is a cancer we've finally got rid of you'll be happy

I'm not getting into a political discussion on a football forum. I will simply say this:

-When 95% of experts (well educated people who have spent many, many years studying their subject of expertise) in law and finance say we are better in the EU

-When the side that wins doesn't have a plan for what to do when they win

-When the side that wins has to back-pedal on major promises it made

-When the UK loses a huge % of its science funding from leaving the EU that it won't get back (we got twice as much as we paid in when it came to science funding from the EU)

-When the referendum vote results in the Prime Minister having to leave his office, giving someone no-one elected; and the opposition leader facing a coup from his own party

-When the referendum result looks likely to fracture and destroy the UK as Scotland seeks independence again, with N. Ireland less than content

-When all the people who campaigned to leave are too afraid to push the button to make Britain leave

-When the UK loses its triple A credit rating, despite the fact that even during the worst recession in almost a century we managed to keep hold of it

-When the UK referendum result leads to record lows of support for organisations in other countries similar to UKIP that are looking to push for referendums to leave the EU

-When you support the side that is backed by characters like Nigel Farage, Le Pen and Donald Trump

-When we live in a day and age where we can contact anyone anywhere in the world instantaneously at the push of a button, and unity is required more than ever as groups of people look to cause division for their own gain

Maybe, just maybe, your opinion isn't necessarily 100% accurate. 

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

I'm not getting into a political discussion on a football forum. I will simply say this:

-When 95% of experts (well educated people who have spent many, many years studying their subject of expertise) in law and finance say we are better in the EU

-When the side that wins doesn't have a plan for what to do when they win

-When the side that wins has to back-pedal on major promises it made

-When the UK loses a huge % of its science funding from leaving the EU that it won't get back (we got twice as much as we paid in when it came to science funding from the EU)

-When the referendum vote results in the Prime Minister having to leave his office, giving someone no-one elected; and the opposition leader facing a coup from his own party

-When the referendum result looks likely to fracture and destroy the UK as Scotland seeks independence again, with N. Ireland less than content

-When all the people who campaigned to leave are too afraid to push the button to make Britain leave

-When the UK loses its triple A credit rating, despite the fact that even during the worst recession in almost a century we managed to keep hold of it

-When the UK referendum result leads to record lows of support for organisations in other countries similar to UKIP that are looking to push for referendums to leave the EU

-When you support the side that is backed by characters like Nigel Farage, Le Pen and Donald Trump

-When we live in a day and age where we can contact anyone anywhere in the world instantaneously at the push of a button, and unity is required more than ever as groups of people look to cause division for their own gain

Maybe, just maybe, your opinion isn't necessarily 100% accurate. 

When you wake up and realise that the only reason those people have said you stay in the eu is to improve their OWN fortunes I'll have a debate with you about it.

Until then you can either keep believing what you do or throw your toys out the pram about it

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

When you wake up and realise that the only reason those people have said you stay in the eu is to improve their OWN fortunes I'll have a debate with you about it.

Until then you can either keep believing what you do or throw your toys out the pram about it

That's blatant nonsense. 

Anyway, there's a time and place for this debate and it's not in a thread about WHICH OF OUR BADGES IS THE RIGHT ONE. 

Edited by Polar

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Who's throwing toys? I've stated facts. Is it toy throwing to state the fact that post UK referendum, support for other countries to hold the same referendum is at a record low? Or is it throwing my toys out the pram to say we lost our triple credit rating? Or is it toy throwing because you don't agree with the facts I've said? The only point that isn't an actual 'fact' is my final one... beyond that I can't see how you can say stating the facts of what has happened is toy throwing.

My main issue is that we've lost millions and millions in science funding that we won't get back. Considering I do a science degree, that is a kick in the teeth. 

Just now, Polar said:

That's blatant nonsense. 

Anyway, there's a time and place for this debate and it's not in a thread about WHICH OF OUR BADGES IS THE RIGHT ONE. 

Thankyou, I'll have to refrain myself. I didn't want to reply to him beyond my bullet-point list, so I genuinely apologise to both you and others that I decided to entertain him again. 

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Thankyou, I'll have to refrain myself. I didn't want to reply to him beyond my bullet-point list, so I genuinely apologise to both you and others that I decided to entertain him again. 

No need to apologise at all! You said everything I was thinking. Believe me, I've made all those points until I'm blue in the face on various platforms over the last few weeks and it's hard not to get involved and react. I was just trying to keep it lighthearted. 

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Who's throwing toys? I've stated facts. Is it toy throwing to state the fact that post UK referendum, support for other countries to hold the same referendum is at a record low? Or is it throwing my toys out the pram to say we lost our triple credit rating? Or is it toy throwing because you don't agree with the facts I've said? The only point that isn't an actual 'fact' is my final one... beyond that I can't see how you can say stating the facts of what has happened is toy throwing.

My main issue is that we've lost millions and millions in science funding that we won't get back. Considering I do a science degree, that is a kick in the teeth. 

lol its funny, everyone I talk to it about is just attack attack attack on the opposite side whatever happened it's hilarious

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

At least I've found out you only want to stay for yourself, not bothered about he rest of the country who is being squeezed and squashed by EU

A true brit

I really don't think you read the original post properly did you?

Guest Manwithastick

so, back on topic (take it to the politics section), has anyone contacted the club to tell them they've got the wrong badge on the shirt?

7 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

lol its funny, everyone I talk to it about is just attack attack attack on the opposite side whatever happened it's hilarious

Who's attacking? 

It's a fact: The UK lost its triple credit rating

It's a fact: The UK has lost a huge % of its science funding that it won't get back

It's a fact: The leave campaign has had to backpedal on several of its major promises

If stating facts is 'attacking', then I'd suggest that the side that feels its under attack need to turn down how sensitive they're feeling

3 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

At least I've found out you only want to stay for yourself, not bothered about he rest of the country who is being squeezed and squashed by EU

A true brit

No, I want to stay in because for the last 300 years this country has been a world leader in science research, and that improves people's way of life, public health and helps win wars. Science helps humanity, and having one of the world leaders in science be crippled harms both scientists and non-scientists that benefit from that research. Incredible that you would turn something as selfless as medical research into an issue an accusation of me being selfish, you cretin. ("You cretin", see that's an attack)

Edited by StudentOwl

4 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

so, back on topic (take it to the politics section), has anyone contacted the club to tell them they've got the wrong badge on the shirt?

We've got a politics section? I daren't go and look. 

But yes, good idea. Contact the club to either get them all returned, or give everyone a free Sharpie with every shirt purchase.