Which version of the badge is the right one?

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Who's attacking? 

It's a fact: The UK lost its triple credit rating

It's a fact: The UK has lost a huge % of its science funding that it won't get back

It's a fact: The leave campaign has had to backpedal on several of its major promises

If stating facts is 'attacking', then I'd suggest that the side that feels its under attack need to turn down how sensitive they're feeling

No, I want to stay in because for the last 300 years this country has been a world leader in science research, and that improves people's way of life, public health and helps win wars. Science helps humanity, and having one of the world leaders in science be crippled harms both scientists and non-scientists that benefit from that research. Incredible that you would turn something as selfless as medical research into an issue an accusation of me being selfish, you cretin. ("You cretin", see that's an attack)

Tough titty we voted out, stop moaning about it and moan about the wrong badge as the thread title suggests

19 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

When you wake up and realise that the only reason those people have said you stay in the eu is to improve their OWN fortunes

Not gonna get into the full argument, but as someone who lives in London and works 'in the city', I can promise you that the traders made a very tidy amount of money shorting everything. The idea that the vote in some way damaged 'the bankers' or the super-rich is really a bit silly. There are plenty of mechanisms to avoid any negative impact of it, and they're comparatively better off than the rest of us due to the weakness of the pound that we all have in our pockets.

8 minutes ago, Paolo Di Catio said:

Tough titty we voted out, stop moaning about it and moan about the wrong badge as the thread title suggests

"We" didn't. 51.9% of people who voted did. 

I bet Leave voters prefer the badge with the sleepy eyed owl as well.

This country...

36 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

.I'M not getting into a political discussion on a football forum I will simply say this:

-When 95% of experts (well educated people who have spent many, many years studying their subject of expertise) in law and finance say we are better in the EU

-When the side that wins doesn't have a plan for what to do when they win

-When the side that wins has to back-pedal on major promises it made

-When the UK loses a huge % of its science funding from leaving the EU that it won't get back (we got twice as much as we paid in when it came to science funding from the EU)

-When the referendum vote results in the Prime Minister having to leave his office, giving someone no-one elected; and the opposition leader facing a coup from his own party

-When the referendum result looks likely to fracture and destroy the UK as Scotland seeks independence again, with N. Ireland less than content

-When all the people who campaigned to leave are too afraid to push the button to make Britain leave

-When the UK loses its triple A credit rating, despite the fact that even during the worst recession in almost a century we managed to keep hold of it

-When the UK referendum result leads to record lows of support for organisations in other countries similar to UKIP that are looking to push for referendums to leave the EU

-When you support the side that is backed by characters like Nigel Farage, Le Pen and Donald Trump

-When we live in a day and age where we can contact anyone anywhere in the world instantaneously at the push of a button, and unity is required more than ever as groups of people look to cause division for their own gain

Maybe, just maybe, your opinion isn't necessarily 100% accurate. 

17 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Who's attacking? 

It's a fact: The UK lost its triple credit rating

It's a fact: The UK has lost a huge % of its science funding that it won't get back

It's a fact: The leave campaign has had to backpedal on several of its major promises

If stating facts is 'attacking', then I'd suggest that the side that feels its under attack need to turn down how sensitive they're feeling

No, I want to stay in because for the last 300 years this country has been a world leader in science research, and that improves people's way of life, public health and helps win wars. Science helps humanity, and having one of the world leaders in science be crippled harms both scientists and non-scientists that benefit from that research. Incredible that you would turn something as selfless as medical research into an issue an accusation of me being selfish, you cretin. ("You cretin", see that's an attack)

Bloody Hell Student!

If this is your idea of NOT getting involved in a political discussion, then I hope I never have the

misfortune to find myself next to you in the pub when you decide to get involved in one.

You lost the referendum! It's called democracy.  FFS get over it ond get back to the important

things in life  -  It's Owlstalk  -  Talk about the OWLS !!!

15 minutes ago, Polar said:

"We" didn't. 51.9% of people who voted did. 

I bet Leave voters prefer the badge with the sleepy eyed owl as well.

This country...

Majority vote, now take the politics vote elsewhere. Fed up of hearing the moaning remainers. They lost, bye

29 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

What did we do before 1973? 

6 minutes ago, oldtawnyowl said:

You lost the referendum! It's called democracy.  FFS get over it

The debate continues - that's also what democracy is. 

But I agree, it shouldn't continue in here.

I realise by replying, I'm also contributing to this.

So, badges eh...

badgercubs.jpg

21 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

We bad a lady who helped people during the Crimean War.

Who I found out during my studies she was actually a fraud. Yeah

Sorry I've no idea what badding a lady entails

Then again I've never had any EU funding so only got myself to blame

19 minutes ago, adamnich said:

Thanks Birley owl or soiling my thread with drivel. You clearly have no flipping clue but hey ho. Student owl I am with you with the EU research funding I'm not a student but affects me in other ways professionally.

Sorry, think that was my fault for (obviously jokingly) blame brexiters for the questionable badge design on the new shirt. 

2 minutes ago, Polar said:

Sorry, think that was my fault for (obviously jokingly) blame brexiters for the questionable badge design on the new shirt. 

But that is just the thing, most of the changes are incorporated in the new shirt badge, but the wide eyes are not!

Edited by Striggy
Quoted wrong post

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"