North stand catering

Guest _Ibbo_

Whilst we are on about the catering, can anybody sort out the organisation of the queues. Especially in the South stand the queues just line up at 90 degrees to the counters blocking any sort of movement within the concourse. Why cant we have a barrier queing system like you see at theme parks?

I had a job at 14. Worked as a waitress at my local rugby club. Cash in hand, got to eat any food not sold & got to watch the rugby for free.

Worked enough hours and bought a Wednesday away shirt...the black and yellow stripe one from the poo poo Irvine/Megson season.....then got bored and quit.

I might have come across you before then, I used to play for the Knights

Whilst we are on about the catering, can anybody sort out the organisation of the queues. Especially in the South stand the queues just line up at 90 degrees to the counters blocking any sort of movement within the concourse. Why cant we have a barrier queing system like you see at theme parks?

Probably cause there int enough room

Totally agree. They even do it in pubs these days. What's the world coming to. Much better people crowding round the bar or counter with efficient staff knowing whose next. ...................Ah yes, efficient staff. I forgot !

DC was informed the catering was awful. Looks like he listened.

Or quite possibly, they listened to DC more like lol Imagine him going on one, as he's now in effect paying their contract, their staffs wages within their own company etc; just like when we will rant we pay this or that persons wages, which in effect we do... I'm sure DC won't be ANY push over when it comes to wanting professionalism at the highest possible order, for his buck and rightly so.

This.

One idea brought up was to have a pool of matchday kiosk workers between us & Sheffield United, obviously with us never playing at home on the same day. Would mean the job would be more regular, wages would increase, motivation & standard of employee would probably increase too. Training spread across two clubs & regularly working would mean the job would become more natural.

Is it April 1st already? Can you imagine the Saboteur claims or the thought of what some piggy fan who staffed our kiosks foods could be doing to said food before being served to us *shudders*

This surely has to be a non starter lol

I think in this sense, we all get spoilt at the newer stadiums - for e.g. Cardiff City's has HUGE depth to their concourses, so they can afford the space to have 'queuing pens' but I don't think they'd work to be fair, as none of our concourses have the safe depth to them for elf n seefty I'd imagine... not to mention South Yorkshire Police would freak at the thought of this kind of thing.

I think in this sense, we all get spoilt at the newer stadiums - for e.g. Cardiff City's has HUGE depth to their concourses, so they can afford the space to have 'queuing pens' but I don't think they'd work to be fair, as none of our concourses have the safe depth to them for elf n seefty I'd imagine... not to mention South Yorkshire Police would freak at the thought of this kind of thing.

Very good point. Our concourses are tiny really. North stand upper at the Leppings Lane end where the queue ends up blocking the ramp to exit is a joke