Joao

It'd be nice to see Joao start against some of the lesser teams for a change. Bolton, Mk Dons, Hudds, Bristol C etc

Gut instinct tells me he'd get a hatful.

Shouldn't he have got a hatful against Fulham then....think theirs is one of worse defence is it not?

It'd be nice to see Joao start against some of the lesser teams for a change. Bolton, Mk Dons, Hudds, Bristol C etc

Gut instinct tells me he'd get a hatful.

Shouldn't he have got a hatful against Fulham then....think theirs is one of worse defence is it not?

This is just typical. A couple of below par performances suddenly outweigh the good performances earlier in the season. He's only been in England less than 6 months and is still adapting to the Championship and CCs methods. I'd personally start to judge him a bit more next season and just accept that this season his consistency may be up and down.

Guest HATETUNALOVECHANSIRI

The argument is not that joao is garbage cos everyone knows that's not the case it's just he's gone off the boil a bit since maybe the arsenal game so what? bit pathetic you can't simply say he's not on his best form without do-gooders thinking your hating every player.   

I think some people go too far both ends of the spectrum. Every player has ups and downs and just look at the facts that he's a young lad in a foreign country trying to adapt. Consistence should come as he settles.

Terrific mediation. I apologise if I got anyone's back up. Not my intention. If I'm a do-gooder because I'm against the vast majority of negative chat about the current Wednesday team (when i've seen some proper dross over the years. We all have!) Then I guess I'm a do-gooder.

Is it just me or does anybody else think its time he put a f@@kin shift in like his team mates ,?

Yeah , lets just sign players who run around like headless chickens but have no skill .

some of the best strikers have been lazy arses who just hang around the box and never track back .

He hasn't played well recently, his attitude is questionable at times, but to be fair to him he's usually thrown to the lions so to speak, by CC insisting on playing him as the lone striker. He's realised he can't do that with nuhiu as it doesn't work, so he plays someone alongside him. I feel he needs to start doing this with Joao. Alongside FF earlier in the season, he was excellent, we looked seriously dangerous. With Joao, FF and Hooper on the pitch, we looked at our most lethal. 

You look at the season as a whole and Joao has been our second best forward, only behind FF. He'll almost certainly end up our second highest scorer. We've barely scratched the surface with the lad either. It's his first season in an extremely tough league and he's played against the best it has to offer. In that regard CC has done him no favours and I'm sure he'll continue to start him in the tougher games.

It's actually laughable some of the stick he's had from some idiots on here. Usually the people who over exaggerate the impact of a certain other striker. Distort reality to portray said player in a constant positive light. The worst of Owlstalk.

To be fair, that was the argument last week when Joao was not given a start against Fulham's leaky defence.........

He is undoubtedly a good player with more to his game than Nuhiu but in recent games Atdhe has been more effective.