Thomas Craig, esq - Wednesdayite

Didn't Thomas Craig get in a few scuffles at a couple of away games a few years ago?

Portsmouth after we spoiled there promotion party by beating them 2-1 and a couple of years earlier down at Ipswich though I think it was reported that this was mistaken identity. 

I bet it was an episode set at the end of the 1903 season when Wednesday won the league.! ;-)

Tonight's episode has him wearing his scarf, meeting a lad from Ollerton "we're new t'stadium is" and Wednesday playing for the championship

:biggrin:

Confused Canadians all over  lol

Act I: What’s in a Name?

When I went to join British Equity I’m pretty sure they had got me mixed up with my own application, but they said someone had my name, so I should change it. My real name’s Craig but I’ve been called Tom ever since I was a kid because my surname’s Thompson, so I turned it around to Thomas Craig. And because of [sheffield Wednesday football player] Tommy Craig back in the day. Now I wish I had my own name back, family-wise.

My tattoo says 1867, because it’s when Canada started! [laughs] Actually that’s when Sheffield were formed. I still play football, for a Toronto team for the past four or five years. I’ve just retired this year because I kept getting injured. Back in England I play vets, which is over 35s but here I’m playing against 20- and 25-year-olds, it’s just … I’m just too old for that now. They’re fast and fierce and I kept getting my ribs fractured.

http://news.nationalpost.com/arts/scenes-from-a-life-how-thomas-craig-moved-through-the-ranks-to-make-chief-on-murdoch-mysteries