Competition Time - Floodlights !

Got to watch Dr Who with my Son now so here you are. Despite the fact I have a small piece of knowledge that no one else on earth knows or has forgotten here you are :-

Unfortunately Sheffield Wednesday's first ever games under Floodlights at Hillsborough was a behind closed doors Derby With ................ THEM ! & No one saw it apart form Clubs Officals AND we WON 7-2!

5--10-15_zps8mcwndlo.jpg

Got to watch Dr Who with my Son now so here you are. Despite the fact I have a small piece of knowledge that no one else on earth knows or has forgotten here you are :-

Unfortunately Sheffield Wednesday's first ever games under Floodlights at Hillsborough was a behind closed doors Derby With ................ THEM ! & No one saw it apart form Clubs Officals AND we WON 7-2!

5--10-15_zps8mcwndlo.jpg

7-2 the floodlit massacre

Going to Hillsborough for a big cup match under floodlights is one quite a few on here will finally get to tick off the wish list

I remember going to a League cup game in 77 (I think) v Everton. We lost 3-1 but for this young lad at the time the thrill of going on the Kop, 30k in the ground under lights was brilliant. If you stood at the back there was just a fence and then the huge earth banking steeply down below you. Felt like you were on the top of the world. Only matched by my Dad taking us to see the view from the top of High Green flats (rip)

Sure I read somewhere that the reporter at the star got a right mouthful from Eric Taylor.

As everyone who attended was sworn to secrecy and told not to let the scoreline be leaked out.

No idea why ?

7-2 though pffft

Edited by owls4effa

Im sure the 1st match was against tybilsi dynamo to open the lights.

Got the prog in the loft somewhere.

round about 1957 or 8 if im guessing.

There are a number of earlier examples in this thread alone. Derek Dooley's testimonial, San Lorenzo, Vasas and the blunts. Also, but not mentioned, our first floodlit league game was against Barnsley (21 March 1956).

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/first-floodlit-league-match-423471323