Arsenal top tier only ?

Guest Gazzaswfc

Cactus that will do me. For once I'm wrong lol

But not about Richards.

If they only allow that for safety this stand needs pulling down next May no matter what league were in, in fact with the amount of away fans we get start it after arsenal

Agree, needs to be done asap. At moment we wouldn't lose any money in terms of reduced capacity but in Premier (when it happens) it would prove very costly.

I've been told theat whilst there are issues with the concources and facilities in this stand, the main problem is the exit/entry routes onto Leppings lane.

Potentially you could have the scenario that half the North & half the South stands will try to exit the ground in the same relatively small area with the fans from the west stand.

Along with what happened in 1989 everybody associated with safety at Hillsborough is being ultra cautious.

Basically the police don't want to manage

I've been told theat whilst there are issues with the concources and facilities in this stand, the main problem is the exit/entry routes onto Leppings lane.

Potentially you could have the scenario that half the North & half the South stands will try to exit the ground in the same relatively small area with the fans from the west stand.

Along with what happened in 1989 everybody associated with safety at Hillsborough is being ultra cautious.

That logic could be applied to most grounds. The SAG are basically OTT with everything at S6. The gaps between fans must mean they think anyone who watches football has the strongest throwing arm known.

Is the same logic applied at S2?

Basically the police don't want to manage

As I've said before, the SYP is only one of a number of parties of the SAG group, although a very significant one. Everybody at the moment is coming under extreme scrutiny whilst the inquest is proceeding and perhaps understandably they are being somewhat over cautious.

That logic could be applied to most grounds. The SAG are basically OTT with everything at S6. The gaps between fans must mean they think anyone who watches football has the strongest throwing arm known.

There are very few , if any, football grounds of our capacity that have a similar geographic configuration. Whilst Bramhall lane is a shithouse, it can at least be accessed from four sides.

There are very few , if any, football grounds of our capacity that have a similar geographic configuration. Whilst Bramhall lane is a shithouse, it can at least be accessed from four sides.

I'd guess the mass majority access Bramall Lane from 2 sides, Hillsborough has a much wider split for access

The access into Hillsborough is very poor, for potentially nearly 40,000 people. There are ony three access points, Penistone Road is the best but still has problems, leppings Lane is very poor when you look at the gap between the houses and the river and access to the South stand is either via the two previously mentioned routes or over the bridge.

nope they let them throw wee on you

So what would be the situation if the West Stand was re - built with say a capacity of 8000

Are we saying the access issue would stop us ever filling it

I'm not involved in any way with the SAG, so it would only be my opion. But yes I think that would be the case at this time and especially if we housed away fans in it and thats why nothing has been done to that the end of the stadium for years other than what was essential.

If it was solely for the use of our fans then i think it would looked at differently, the question then is where do we put the away fans?

A better solution, but still problematic would be to buy up the houses on Vere Road and access the North from there.

I'm not involved in any way with the SAG, so it would only be my opion. But yes I think that would be the case at this time and especially if we housed away fans in it and thats why nothing has been done to that the end of the stadium for years other than what was essential.

If it was solely for the use of our fans then i think it would looked at differently, the question then is where do we put the away fans?

A better solution, but still problematic would be to buy up the houses on Vere Road and access the North from there.

We already own a few of the houses on there anyway don't we? Surely this should be feasible now?

Access at leppings lane is no worse than loads of other stadiums, just another excuse

Correct. I always go out that way and rarely see any issues with people management or trouble.

Police at Newcastle managed similar nicking on exit and without the need for a barrier other than themselves

Thinking about it, didn't Lee Strafford put plans in that were accepted, that would have allowed the stand to be split between upper & lower tier utilising new turnstiles and exit gates towards the South stand.

Did this work ever get done?