5 min to go. Fans leaving

I apologies forthwith for leaving London Victoria at 8:00 am and not getting back until until gone 10 tonight, and yet I left 5 minutes early.

Braeks my heart when I have to do that...  And a bell like you makes it even worse.

You chose to live in London. Bit silly if it breaks your heart every time. 

No idea why anyone would live in that shathole anyway.

My mistake, what did you mean by this comment then?

"..they'd be home a lot earlier if they didn't go at all."

They say they leave early to get home early. I was just pointing out in an exaggerated form the logical extension. As regards what I want I said they should have their own early leavers section.

It is mate, can be a right pain in the arse!

Especially on a night game when they close the M1

Yep them night games are bad when they do that. There's a couple of mates I pick up and take to the games as well so quite a bit of detour can go on.....

I'd love to get a hold of who decides to install these smart motorways and give em a punch really hard in the middle of the face.

at bolton the other week 6 blokes sat near me left with 20 minutes to go ...crazy ...............only time i tempted to leave is if we are getting a thrashing 2 a 3 times over the years i have left well before the end boro & arsenal spring to mind .

Guest Maxine

I wonder if any of the people who moan about fans leaving early are one's who leave 5 minutes before half time to get a beer. That would be irony

I'm a perfect fan I stay and watch the full game first half and second half.

Interesting question for all those of us who got caught in those ridiculous A1 closures at Newcastle:

IF the club had taken the time to actually warn us and IF it was announced that the closures began at 10:30pm so you'd avoid the closures if you left a few minutes early and beat traffic to guarantee getting past the closures before they started, would all these super loyalist still stay to the end?

Probably doesn't work with it being a cup game with the potential for extra time, but imagine it is a league game.

Sorry, left on 92 mins, went to ticket office for 6 Arsenal tickets, sorry it upset you,remember to be up nice and early for your paper round tomorrow.

That's a reasonable excuse, I can remember during 80s and we played Liverpool at home, attendance wasn't far off 50,000 and for some silly reason club decided to put tickets on sale after game for a very big game, think it was semi final against Everton.

Thousands came out before end.