Nuhiu, MK bound?

Pleased for the big man to get a goal at Scunthorpe yesterday but a little worried that he may have been figured out. Mark Robins was quoted as saying

“We conceded two goals from mistakes but once we worked out what to do with (Owls striker Atdhe) Nuhiu, we were better.

It would seem that what they had worked out was this....

-h2a001770-2580216_478x359.jpg

-h2a002370-2580218_478x359.jpg-h2a008470-2580229_478x359.jpg

sheffield-wednesday-h-289470-2580300_478

sheffield-wednesday-h-299770-2580320_478sheffield-wednesday-h-309170-2580336_478

Kick him, hold him, climb on him, pull his hair, insult his mother. Anything to throw him off.

I'm worried that as a lone striker he is just not strong enough for such a big old lump. I like the guy and I am sure he will score goals this season, but not enough to please the majority. Any manager worth his salt in the Championship will be able to restrict his influence and I think he will struggle to contribute more than 15 this season. Be nice to be able to bring him on from the bench when required but for me, not the spearhead we need.

Been saying this since day 1. Can't play the lone striker role as he's too easy to do a job on. Not mobile or dynamic enough and a big brute of a CB will relish the battle and know exactly what's coming.

I may be being a little short sighted, but looking at the Bristol City game im worried that Aden Flint will be tasked with this and will probably take him out of the game. Assuming of course that he is CC's choice. My only hope is that he can draw enough attention to create space for Matias, McGugan, Wallace and co.

Won't really suit their style of play will he lol

I think he absolutely would. He's good with the ball on the deck rather than in the air, I think he'd show that if he moved.

Im not sure he'll score the required goals here though so I think I'd accept the offer.

I may be being a little short sighted, but looking at the Bristol City game im worried that Aden Flint will be tasked with this and will probably take him out of the game. Assuming of course that he is CC's choice. My only hope is that he can draw enough attention to create space for Matias, McGugan, Wallace and co.

Can't see him starting tbh mate. Bus or Joao if we get him.

Obviously headers count, but I've watched the goal frame by frame & can't tell if it came of Nuhiu or the defender.

In the absence of a panel I rule: OG

This reminds me of the banter of yesteryear.... humour and without malice. I like it; but then again I'm old.

Pleased for the big man to get a goal at Scunthorpe yesterday but a little worried that he may have been figured out. Mark Robins was quoted as saying

“We conceded two goals from mistakes but once we worked out what to do with (Owls striker Atdhe) Nuhiu, we were better.

It would seem that what they had worked out was this....

-h2a001770-2580216_478x359.jpg

-h2a002370-2580218_478x359.jpg-h2a008470-2580229_478x359.jpgsheffield-wednesday-h-289470-2580300_478

sheffield-wednesday-h-299770-2580320_478sheffield-wednesday-h-309170-2580336_478

Kick him, hold him, climb on him, pull his hair, insult his mother. Anything to throw him off.

I'm worried that as a lone striker he is just not strong enough for such a big old lump. I like the guy and I am sure he will score goals this season, but not enough to please the majority. Any manager worth his salt in the Championship will be able to restrict his influence and I think he will struggle to contribute more than 15 this season. Be nice to be able to bring him on from the bench when required but for me, not the spearhead we need.

That's a good reflection of how last season went actually. Opposition managers became preoccupied with dealing with Attey. I say get rid. It's not fair to give them something to deal with other than how to break our defence down.

That's why I think he'll be useful off the bench next season. Assuming he stays.

He needs to learn how to draw a foul though. He's constantly being fouled, but because he's a big strong lad, he battles on rather than overreacting to the tugs and pushes like the top players do.

Very frustrating to watch. Strong hold up play with moments of skill / control & scored with his head, then he can perform like a pssd giraffe 10 seconds later!

while being mauled by a defender or three you mean?

I think he absolutely would. He's good with the ball on the deck rather than in the air, I think he'd show that if he moved.

Im not sure he'll score the required goals here though so I think I'd accept the offer.

That's the problem though isn't it....2 years we've had him and he's shown no signs of moving other than the odd amble towards the general direction of play

Not being able to move is a major deficiency for a professional footballer

4 out of 5 of those pictures clearly show his feet on the ground - with the exception of the middle 3rd picture when you could assume his feet are still on the ground or otherwise on his knees (he gravitates towards the earth and is reluctant to leave it, even for a jump)!

Good summary

I prefer Connor Wickham's view when he said the he loved playing with Nuhiu as he knew that he could run off him knowing that he would win the ball...or believe the **** wits on here who wouldn't recognise a footballer if one bit them on their arse

I prefer Connor Wickham's view when he said the he loved playing with Nuhiu as he knew that he could run off him knowing that he would win the ball...or believe the **** wits on here who wouldn't recognise a footballer if one bit them on their arse

I think most people would recognize that Suarez is a good footballer, to be fair though.