Well done to the club on tickets

Guest Deleted member

Guest Deleted member

Our season ticket prices post early bird arent out yet

Although I understand they are going to be announced today

Live sport.

Full day out at a 50 over county game to see Brendan Mcullum, Amla Dilshan bought in advance.

2 Adults 2 Kids

Total £32

Snooker World Championship qualifiers (all except top 16 taking part) Full day out 

2 Adults 2 Kids

Total £20

Wednesday have priced themselves out for me.

Stop trying to defend the indefencible. 

Live sport.

Full day out at a 50 over county game to see Brendan Mcullum, Amla Dilshan bought in advance.

2 Adults 2 Kids

Total £32

Snooker World Championship qualifiers (all except top 16 taking part) Full day out 

2 Adults 2 Kids

Total £20

Thats not just Wednesday that is all football for championship, premier league and league 1 then.

Why?

Many places do this all over the world. Look at the marketing the sports do in America. Its crazy and something we could learn off to maximise custom and revenue for the club.

Also I do not get covered in Mud when I visit Wninter Wonderland which is set in a park.

Winter wonderland is set up to take nearly 3 million visitors over a few weeks and the whole thing has estimated revenue of £100 million, it's not really a fair comparison is it. They work on a huge budget to deal with the problems ordinarily faced by holding a large event in a park.

Winter wonderland is set up to take nearly 3 million visitors over a few weeks and the whole thing has estimated revenue of £100 million, it's not really a fair comparison is it. They work on a huge budget to deal with the problems ordinarily faced by holding a large event in a park.

Yes I understand that. The thing that we could do in the park does not have to be huge but I reckon we would get up to or around 1,000 people per home game maybe take around 20k revenue- any money is good money. Its also about all wednesday fans turning up as a force and enjoying themselves before a game.

I was using that as an example that people will still turn up no matter how cold it is.

Edited by SouthernOwl24

Aren't we the same as Ipswich ?

http://www.itfc.co.uk/news/article/ipswich-town-season-ticket-prices-2015-16-season-2318171.aspx

They have just made news with Cat A £60 prices !!!!

Ipswich v Wednesday - category B match

Adults £27.50, under 16's £11.50

Seems a lot cheaper than us to be fair.

http://mobile.itfc.co.uk/news/article/town-v-sheffield-wednesday-2550862.aspx

Live sport.

2 Adults 2 Kids

Total £32

2 Adults 2 Kids

Total £20

I don't get this on going comparison with different sports.

F1 British Grand Prix, just under 2 hours long, think it was around £320 last year for a family of 4. Wimbledon Tennis, Centre Court this year, £330 for 4 tickets. The Lion King Musical, £310 for 4 tickets, the Panto at my local theatre £140 for 4 tickets, the list goes on and they are all equally as pointless as comparisons as a game of cricket.

I'm not offering an opinion on the prices here, just saying that figures can. be brought up to justify arguments in both sides. Yes it's expensive, in comparison to other Championship sides, the top tickets are definitely on the heavy side and I think the club will backtrack and most games will end up as a lower Cat than maybe was originally planned.

Without trying to make a comparison to PL, which is also pointless, I just had to renew Arsenal Memberships as you can't even go to an arsenal game without being a member, that was about £80 for me and the two kids and you get no discounts or flip all, that's just to give you the 'right' to buy a ticket in future!

Football is very expensive, it's getting more expensive which is why the prices are put of hand across the game in general but I dont think this justifies putting tickets right at the top end of all Championship clubs.