Well done to the club on tickets

Guest Deleted member

We should have been somewhere around - for the North - about £36 (without the need for membership)

That would have been 20% up on last season yet I do understand why they've gone cat B as it's the opening day when enthusiasm levels are high and yes it could backfire

I feel I'm paying £6 more than I think I should....if you can't find £6 you shouldn't be going to the match in the first place

It aint just the £6 tho is it ?

It's the fealing of being ripped off following a long period of no communication to it's fans, a feeling that the fans don't really matter and are just a revenue stream...

Yes we all know we are a revenue stream but we also need to feel included and part of the club, Chansiri now knows that, why else would a multi millionaire put himself in a potentially embarrasing and dangerous situation like he did when he got out of his car in York ?

You're probably right but its a horrible thought.

If I can only afford to go see us when we're playing rubbish that puts fans in a terrible spot.

Fighting relegation means fans can afford to go but won't cos the football is rubbish.

Fighting for promotion means fans want to go and enjoy a great performance but can't afford too.

Yup, I think that was probably the original plan, there may be some temporary back pedlling but let's not kid ourselves, the long term plan will return / continue..

It aint just the £6 tho is it ?

It's the fealing of being ripped off following a long period of no communication to it's fans, a feeling that the fans don't really matter and are just a revenue stream...

Yes we all know we are a revenue stream but we also need to feel included and part of the club, Chansiri now knows that, why else would a multi millionaire put himself in a potentially embarrasing and dangerous situation like he did when he got out of his car in York ?

Exactly this. Too many people talking about those that 'can't afford it' in this and other threads.

od course the majority of fans can afford it - ie. The Bristol City game, or even the first half a dozen games. They can afford it in the same way as they would manage to get their car fixed if it needed a £300 repair for them to get to work.

That's not the point- the point is, it's not value for money when you compare it like for like (other Champiinship clubs) and it's not value for money when you compare it to other activities that last less than 2 hours.

As had been said, the Bristol attendance will be poor, and unless we set off like a house on fire subsequent attendances as we head into the winter months WILL fall through the floor unless we're seeing category F and G games.

To me I feel I'm paying £6 more than I expected to pay which is £36. Therefore I either say no or I pay it.

Forget last seasons prices they are irrelevant to this season.

In 2000 I was paying £28 for championship football therefore to now pay £36 15 years on is fair enough. The prices needed to go up

I don't dissagree with you but putting 15 years worth of increase through in 1 year when we haven't seen any evidence on the pitch to justify it seems a very clumsy and greedy move, especially when it hits young kids so hard..

You've seen the category for two games only

Exactly and just why do you think that is ?

Answer = to flex pricing when they can by as much as they can

Unfortunately we aren't Tesco or Asda to tell em where to shove it as I'm sure they would John West if they tried putting through such a large increase..

I would have had a £10 offer on the first game of the season, fill it with the same amount of fans as we had v Wycombe.

Announce its the only £10 deal for the whole season

Get as many in, and hooked, as possible.

It wouldn't be full though, would it. The only times we've been close to full in the last 15 years are playing to avoid relegation, playing to get promoted, and the steel city derby. All of which were nothing to do with a special offer.

It would also seriously adversely affect the Reading attendance. All the casual POTG fans would go to Bristol and non to Reading.

Nobody gets hooked by the offer games on anything other than an expectation that the price they should pay is £10. They'd just wait for the next offer, or until we have a match that really means something like the Wycombe game (which we'd sell out at cat A price).

Guest Deleted member

Fully enjoyed reading this SouthernOwl character continually trying and failing to find a 'one off family day out' that is as expensive as the Bristol City match.

'One off family day out'... to watch Wednesday.

lol

He's not been on for a bit

Maybe he's still looking

Guest mkowl

Fully enjoyed reading this SouthernOwl character continually trying and failing to find a 'one off family day out' that is as expensive as the Bristol City match.

'One off family day out'... to watch Wednesday.

lol

Easy just go shopping with my Mrs

Guest Deleted member

Thought you would bite !

Damn right

Sales and marketing are the most important people in any organisation, bean counters and sales prevention people like yourself rarely understand that all companies cease to exist without sales

To be fair paying a price based on the result of the match could be an absolute marketing master stroke!

Pay £39 on your card. Have 10 % automatically credited back if they draw and 25% if they lose.

Absolutely brilliant!

That would be all over the news, Sky Sports would love it.

I love brave marketing initiatives like that.

Or revenue which you'd openly destroy on the opening day by letting everyone in for £10.

You get revenue through sales and marketing.

I saw a program on TV this week about Coral. They offered 5/1 on Man Utd to get a corner at home to QPR and advertised it like mad. (To new accounts only, Limited to 10,000 customers at £5 stake)

They knew they would pay out £250,000 but gladly paid it for the 10,000 new betting accounts. Only good marketeers have the vision and balls to create and implement such policies.

Guest Deleted member

We've never done an initiative on the opening day of the season before

25000 potd at £10 is £250k

7000 (if we are lucky) at £30 average is £210k

Go figure