Well done to the club on tickets

Guest Deleted member

Ryanair have been offering Summer holiday flights from £24.99.

Thats Ryanair. The worlds largest airline by international passengers. 30 million international passengers in front of the second place airline.

You'd think they'd know a bit about marketing to customers.

Why haven't they been ripping people off on key dates?

Must be all the skyTV money they get

Thats Ryanair. The worlds largest airline by international passengers. 30 million international passengers in front of the second place airline.

£210.99 for flight to Faro on Thursday evening from Manchester.  WTF:

Guest Deleted member

If you'd let fans in for £10 on one of the key dates for maximising revenue I'm afraid your absolutely deluded

Have you ever ran a business?

lol

Guest mkowl

You obviously ain't tried booking anything in the Uk in the school holidays. It makes Wednesday's ticket pricing seem almost charitable

If you'd let fans in for £10 on one of the key dates for maximising revenue I'm afraid your absolutely deluded

Have you ever ran a business?

£10 is a little OTT but £20, fill the ground, win the game and people would want to come back.

It's like those magazines where with each issue u get the next piece of a model of the starship enterprise. Sell the first one for £3.99, get people involves and hooked and then charge them £8.99 per issue after that.

Guest Deleted member

I have 18 people flying out to Spain to join us for a weekend in 2 weeks

In the school holidays

Ryanair were by far the cheapest option out of all the budget airlines

Guest Deleted member

£10 is a little OTT but £20, fill the ground, win the game and people would want to come back.

It's like those magazines where with each issue u get the next piece of a model of the starship enterprise. Sell the first one for £3.99, get people involves and hooked and then charge them £8.99 per issue after that.

Exactly

Or as kivo said, make it the only Cat G game of the season

Guest mkowl

lol

Not saying Wednesday have got it right but i suspect the view was to make hay whilst the sun shines on that first game. Why you should never have accountants in charge of marketing of course

I would have had a £10 offer on the first game of the season, fill it with the same amount of fans as we had v Wycombe.

Announce its the only £10 deal for the whole season

Get as many in, and hooked, as possible.

I personally don't think we should go that low on price for the opening game especially with all the enthusiasm that was gaining strength, I expected a bit of an increase especially on adults but to charge what they are for young kids is just wrong when there will be so many empty seats (I could understand the bums on seats argument if we were at max capacity each game).

The opening game should deliver a brilliant atmoshphere with excitement and expectation (hence me wanting to take the young un), if Carlos doesn't deliver it will all backfire on the club, IMHO they are playing a dangerous game driven by greed and chasing a higher return too quickly...

The presure is now well and trully on, the owners spent a lot, the fans are having to spend a lot (those on EB ST's should think where the pricing bench mark will be next year !), the pitch is looking good so if the team don't deliver heads will role and probably sooner than later...

Exciting and turbulent times ahead me thinks..

Guest Deleted member

So a kind off get them hooked then rip em off kind of marketing campaign.

So if we charge £20 for Bristol and we get hammered 5-0 what would you recommend then?

What if we charge £39 and get hammered 5-0?

How many of those will come back, compared to the ones who paid £20

(Anything more than an admission that it's would be worse means you're deluded)

So a kind off get them hooked then rip em off kind of marketing campaign.

So if we charge £20 for Bristol and we get hammered 5-0 what would you recommend then?

Are you suggesting that the tickets should be based on results then? Edited by poite

Guest mkowl

Unfortunately and i presume Chansari's folk can and have analysed actual historical ticket sales data that fans simply haven't come back. The Reading game was actually one of the better ones but they will have the stats on what happened next with those folk

Guest Deleted member

That's just commercial madness and you must be able to see that.

You have 16 million customers, and you decide to give away to everyone who wants one, for no reason whatsoever, a power bank to allow them to charge their mobile phone. Something you've been selling for £10

Is that commercial madness?

Guest Deleted member

We should have been somewhere around - for the North - about £36 (without the need for membership)

That would have been 20% up on last season yet I do understand why they've gone cat B as it's the opening day when enthusiasm levels are high and yes it could backfire

I feel I'm paying £6 more than I think I should....if you can't find £6 you shouldn't be going to the match in the first place

So you agree they've got the pricing completely wrong

Thank you

Guest mkowl

Ironic but true...

lol

But why those in marketing should never determine the price because their mentality is volume not profit

Guest Deleted member

But why those in marketing should never determine the price because their mentality is volume not profit

That's simply not true

Are you saying you don't believe that's what the club are thinking with so many categories and no upfront detail ?

TBH, I think it's a clever business idea, just poorly and clumsily implemented..

You're probably right but its a horrible thought.

If I can only afford to go see us when we're playing rubbish that puts fans in a terrible spot.

Fighting relegation means fans can afford to go but won't cos the football is rubbish.

Fighting for promotion means fans want to go and enjoy a great performance but can't afford too.