Well done to the club on tickets

Guest Deleted member

Guest mkowl

To re-iterate, the problem is that the offers have not generated the uptake that was anticipated. Probably a mix between the quality of football on show but also if you perpetually discount a product, the value of that product becomes diminished.

The club has 23 games to maximise revenue and presumably this was earmarked as one of the key dates.

The point being that if a marketing approach has failed why would you keep repeating the same mistake

Guest Deleted member

A business that is targeting the Premier League in 2 years filling the stadium with customers it wants to take on the journey with it, demonstrate the new philosophy and give a taste of what's to come.

Brilliant idea.

OR

A business under new ownership that's underperformed for 20 years telling its customers, with no evidence whatsoever of improvements in the quality of its product (apart from me packaging) that they need to pay a 50% uplift in price

Guest mkowl

Damn right

Sales and marketing are the most important people in any organisation, bean counters and sales prevention people like yourself rarely understand that all companies cease to exist without sales

Depends on the business but in my world i would rather attract one new client generating 8k than 10 earning £800. I know which one i make most profit out of and which is easier to service.

Guest Deleted member

Sorry if that last post appeared bigotted

Depends on the business but in my world i would rather attract one new client generating 8k than 10 earning £800. I know which one i make most profit out of and which is easier to service.

Same here

Football's not like that

Damn right

Sales and marketing are the most important people in any organisation, bean counters and sales prevention people like yourself rarely understand that all companies cease to exist without sales

All the sales and marketing in the world doesn't guarantee anything if the product is crap

Charge what you want if the product is a success

DC has been clumsy in this, but he seems to be a very determined man

Time will tell

That's a very cold way of looking at things.

Guest mkowl

A business that is targeting the Premier League in 2 years filling the stadium with customers it wants to take on the journey with it, demonstrate the new philosophy and give a taste of what's to come.

Brilliant idea.

OR

A business under new ownership that's underperformed for 20 years telling its customers, with no evidence whatsoever of improvements in the quality of its product (apart from me packaging) that they need to pay a 50% uplift in price

My view

Method 1) repeats the same mistake. Sets the precedent within the fan base that they can wait for the next discount

Method 2) huge risk, goes too far the other way. I agree it sets the precedent this is going to be expensive so you just walk away possibly for good

The irony is that if there was an effective supporters group then perhaps it could have been their focus group. We have no idea who is advising but presumably they don't know the Sheffield football market that well

No.

I don't agree with the price at all, that's why I am not paying it.

By going to 11 games on a members card I will get it free.

But in terms of playing devils advocate it's not like the club will make a penny out of you on that game anyway.....

It's not hard to work it in..... I had to pay 30 quid this month, and I'll have to buy tickets to 11 games minimum.

But I will probably average 35 a game, get the Bristol game for free overall and have access to tickets earlier.

I was annoyed but I found a way to take it on.

I know full well you could do that SiJ. It's not THAT bad.

If a lot of games are Cat C plus I'll be back kicking off though.

It will be an issue all season, I'll change my opinion over the course.

Tas: more faces than the town clock.

Guest mkowl

It could be applied to the Wednesday fan base, think it is with the emphasis on memberships.

In my business yep i don't actively pursue low fee work

Guest Deleted member

It's also very simplistic. And wrong on many ways too.

What happens when you put your price up? Big client shops around, find someone else and leaves, meaning your then shopping around for another big client. Whereas smaller clients may well swallow a similar percentage rise because it's spread over many more of them

Even of one or two leave, you're left finding a couple of small clients to fill the gap.

Big client with big spend also demand more.

As I said. Simplistic

Guest Deleted member

SiJ highlighting personal posts then calls somebody 2 faced within minutes

lol

I did also notice that

lol

Re £10 - was an arbitrary figure