Well done to the club on tickets

Guest Deleted member

Guest Ash76

Personally think if they'd had categorised it C alongside the Reading kids offer and other family package we wouldn't have had the mega threads of the last week.

I keep hearing 'Sheffield football market', I don't believe there's no such thing. All football markets are the same no matter where you are, everybody wants to pay as little as possible.

Anything that was matching other clubs I could have understood.

I'll never understand how we cost more than everyone but come december we may habe averaged under Leeds.

The Cats bother me more. This topic is going nowhere.

I have not spoke to any Wednesday fans ,Apart from mate i go to games with ,Who says a winning team fans will pay to watch ,Most say its too dear ,Buying a membership ticket myself ,But mr Chansiri  better get ready if the football is poor ,We start with Nuhiu  and or May .He is going to get a lot of flack .

Guest Deleted member

How? We are charging more than any other club because we cost lots to run and need new players?

We don't cost more to run than many clubs - clubs who have spent more than we have this summer (and last summer and the summer before). We were in the bottom quartile (last season) in wages paid.

You asked how

Ash also mentioned that the ground wouldn't be allowed to fully open - which is true.

Lets assume that at a properly marketed event - with a reduction on the opening day - we could sell 35000 tickets

And lets assume we have sold 14,000 season tickets - meaning 21,000 POTD tickets could be sold. All tickets - adult or child - are marketed at £15 each in all areas of the ground - which represents a huge reduction on adult pricing and big reductions for those with Under 11s too in South/North. It also represents a huge reduction for travelling Bristolians - who sell out the Upper Tier of the West Stand.

It is made absolutey clear that this is the ONLY game that will be priced in this way for the entire season. Its a VERY special offer. Its also announced on that day that season tickets will be available in the following week - for one week only - to all people who have purchased a ticket for the Bristol game - at Phase 2 pricing. On interest only deals.

21,000 tickets sold represents matchday income of £315,000.00 - thats without programmes, pies etc.

The club open a Fan Park in Hillsborough Park - with a huge marquee - containing a bar. Family activities. Ozzie and Baz. Bands. The opening day of the season is a festival - a huge celebration that football is back.  Everything starts at 11am...  Just food and drink alone will cover the costs. A huge screen in the bar is playing a montage of goals and moments from the last few seasons. Old players, legends, are there, motivating the crowd to get behind the team for this seasons push. The Chairman makes an emotional appeal for support. Alongside the marquee is another marquee - selling merchandise.  Fans are urged to always wear blue and white to Hillsborough - and if possible with the Owl on display.

At 2pm the crowd are urged to move to the ground - and everything carries on inside. Hillsborough is full - and the announcer whips everyone up into a frenzy..

OK - so the game kicks off and we lose 1-0. 

But have you had a great day out?? Are you motivated to turn up again next week? Can you even wait for the Tuesday night to get to the Mansfield game, and watch us trounce them 6-0 with our attacking, aggressive football??

Compare that with - we have been featured in national press as the latest club to have new foreign owners, ripping off the loyal fans, we have people feeling alienated, priced out, and that (admittedly) is before anyone has any idea what the actual rices are going to be. No one can buy a season ticket either to offset the potential pricing. And at £39 for the cheapest adult seat (please - give it a rest on the membership - people can't be arsed to be a member and why should they be just to go through a turnstile) - we are £7 more expensive than the nearest club to us in this division

So we sell 7,000 tickets at (lets call it an average £30 with juniors) - thats £210k gate receipts for the day - and 14,000 Wednesdayites sat at home feeling angry at the club because of everything theyve heard.

Your choice

Guest Deleted member

At least you acknowledge that was a ridiculous suggestion.

It's a bit like having a bar or a restaurant and doing buy one get one free on New Years Eve

If I had a bar or restaurant that was never more than half full - I'd have no problem doing buy one get one free on New Years Eve

Edited by Deleted member

We don't cost more to run than many clubs - clubs who have spent more than we have this summer (and last summer and the summer before). We were in the bottom quartile (last season) in wages paid.

You asked how

Ash also mentioned that the ground wouldn't be allowed to fully open - which is true.

Lets assume that at a properly marketed event - with a reduction on the opening day - we could sell 35000 tickets

And lets assume we have sold 14,000 season tickets - meaning 21,000 POTD tickets could be sold. All tickets - adult or child - are marketed at £15 each in all areas of the ground - which represents a huge reduction on adult pricing and big reductions for those with Under 11s too in South/North. It also represents a huge reduction for travelling Bristolians - who sell out the Upper Tier of the West Stand.

It is made absolutey clear that this is the ONLY game that will be priced in this way for the entire season. Its a VERY special offer. Its also announced on that day that season tickets will be available in the following week - for one week only - to all people who have purchased a ticket for the Bristol game - at Phase 2 pricing. On interest only deals.

21,000 tickets sold represents matchday income of £315,000.00 - thats without programmes, pies etc.

The club open a Fan Park in Hillsborough Park - with a huge marquee - containing a bar. Family activities. Ozzie and Baz. Bands. The opening day of the season is a festival - a huge celebration that football is back.  Everything starts at 11am...  Just food and drink alone will cover the costs. A huge screen in the bar is playing a montage of goals and moments from the last few seasons. Old players, legends, are there, motivating the crowd to get behind the team for this seasons push. The Chairman makes an emotional appeal for support. Alongside the marquee is another marquee - selling merchandise.  Fans are urged to always wear blue and white to Hillsborough - and if possible with the Owl on display.

At 2pm the crowd are urged to move to the ground - and everything carries on inside. Hillsborough is full - and the announcer whips everyone up into a frenzy..

OK - so the game kicks off and we lose 1-0. 

But have you had a great day out?? Are you motivated to turn up again next week? Can you even wait for the Tuesday night to get to the Mansfield game, and watch us trounce them 6-0 with our attacking, aggressive football??

Compare that with - we have been featured in national press as the latest club to have new foreign owners, ripping off the loyal fans, we have people feeling alienated, priced out, and that (admittedly) is before anyone has any idea what the actual rices are going to be. No one can buy a season ticket either to offset the potential pricing. And at £39 for the cheapest adult seat (please - give it a rest on the membership - people can't be arsed to be a member and why should they be just to go through a turnstile) - we are £7 more expensive than the nearest club to us in this division

So we sell 7,000 tickets at (lets call it an average £30 with juniors) - thats £210k gate receipts for the day - and 14,000 Wednesdayites sat at home feeling angry at the club because of everything theyve heard.

Your choice

Best idea you have had.  EVER. Forget the ticket prices as I cant be bothered to debate it anymore. 

I think this party atmosphere should be created in the park every Saturday home game. Get fans tipsy and send them in to cheer us on. Bits to do for kids as well. 

If I had a bar or restaurant that was never more than half full - I'd have no problem doing buy one get one free on New Years Eve

To be fair, if you had to resort to an offer on such an important date then your bar/restaurant is failing

DC has to get the product right or he will fail

Simple

Best idea you have had.  EVER. Forget the ticket prices as I cant be bothered to debate it anymore. 

I think this party atmosphere should be created in the park every Saturday home game. Get fans tipsy and send them in to cheer us on. Bits to do for kids as well. 

Nice when it,s a  lovely sunny day

Nice when it,s a  lovely sunny day

I was thinking of a huge marquee with rain cover- I suppose it will get very cold in Winter but most fans have a couple at the ground outside so it wont kill anyone. Put heaters in the marquees?

They do Winter Wonderland at xmas time in London and it makes lots of money. OK so we wont replicate that but something smaller scale for the drunks and U18's

Think it would be good and maximise profit for the club if charged competitively in regards to other pubs around the ground. One thing I have noticed on here is people dont drink lots at the ground because you get a small bottle and pay double. We could have a pint outside the ground in the park but still pay the club for it at a decent price. They could do a big Ale festival throughout one month of home matches. Christmas will be mulled wine etc. Lots of different ways to market this and make a decent amount of extra profit.

And if we win- keep it open and party after!

Edited by SouthernOwl24

Guest Deleted member

Thats a terrible idea

It has to be occasional, not the norm, in order to get people along. And like as has been already said - its great when the weather is good.

Not so good when you're up to your knees in mud

To be fair, if you had to resort to an offer on such an important date then your bar/restaurant is failing

DC has to get the product right or he will fail

Simple

To be fair it wasn't me who brought up the stupid bar analogy

Thats a terrible idea

It has to be occasional, not the norm, in order to get people along. And like as has been already said - its great when the weather is good.

Not so good when you're up to your knees in mud

To be fair it wasn't me who brought up the stupid bar analogy

Why?

Many places do this all over the world. Look at the marketing the sports do in America. Its crazy and something we could learn off to maximise custom and revenue for the club.

Also I do not get covered in Mud when I visit Wninter Wonderland which is set in a park.

I was with Nigel until he suggested an 11am start with a montage of goals from last season.

What do we do with the other 3 hours, 59 minutes and 30 seconds before kick off?

Also the bit where he suggested 35,000 would turn up without any end of season permutations resting on the game tbh.

Guest Deleted member

If you all think SWFC are expensive check out those prices !!!! 

Adult £829 Ouch !!!!

Our season ticket prices post early bird arent out yet

Guest Deleted member

Also the bit where he suggested 35,000 would turn up without any end of season permutations resting on the game tbh.

I* dont think its unreasonable to expect 5k more people to turn up for the first game of a new season given the signings, manager, stadium improvements and hopefully at least one big name striker