Grandstand, top of north and Kop

Guest WESTENDOWL

Finally I concede.

Close them down, push the fans down and together.

Top of the kop I mean.

Not the whole thing.

Join the three together

It might easier for some if I didnt bother. First the club shifted me because of a few VIPs and now you want to shift me again. It might be easier if I stayed at home and saved my money.

With all the ticket options, memberships and price categories you probably have no idea how much money you'd actually save by doing that

lol

ive been bangin this drum for years...it looks so tinpot havin a few fana scattered about all over the place

post-4683-0-45759100-1437311431_thumb.jp

Owlstalk Shop

Thing is, shut down the back 20 rows of the north, the grandstand and the back 50 of the kop and it will make a lot of difference.

It will look good on tele. There will still be a lot of space and it will feel a bit like it did in the old days.

And... I love the grandstand. I really do but I am willing to leave it be for a season.

Thing is, shut down the back 20 rows of the north, the grandstand and the back 50 of the kop and it will make a lot of difference.

It will look good on tele. There will still be a lot of space and it will feel a bit like it did in the old days.

And... I love the grandstand. I really do but I am willing to leave it be for a season.

I tend to agree with this. It will never happen though, too much of an inconvenience for the club shifting the season ticket holders that have been there for years.

My 5 year old get fed up, he can fart about in the grandstand and there's the new kiddie centre for them to go in so would be disappointed if they shut it

Might be less bored with a bit of atmosphere though.

That stuff could be put on the south.

They could make the bit nearest the kop the same price as the grandstand.

Kop nearby with everyone filling out the bottom singing.

Kids packed together watching the game near some singing.

Plenty of solutions.

Might be less bored with a bit of atmosphere though.

That stuff could be put on the south.

They could make the bit nearest the kop the same price as the grandstand.

Kop nearby with everyone filling out the bottom singing.

Kids packed together watching the game near some singing.

Plenty of solutions.

You know who isn't going to like that don't you

:columbo:

I've been saying similar for years. 

Didn't Barcelona used to close the top tier of the Nou Camp when they were expecting a poor crowd.

And MK dons at the 'Moo Camp' have a two tiered stadium now but only open the bottom.

Not squeeze the ground so much that no-one can move about.... but enough to give the place some atmosphere.   Must be soul destroying for players to see rows of empty seats at eye level.   Maybe one of the reasons our home form is so bad.

If we ever get in the Prem- I think 39,800 seats is about right for a club of our size.  Tango corner could always be filled in to provide another 2,500 seats or so.

Why everyone wants to be all crammed up together i'l never know. Who cares what it looks like on TV or to away fans, it will still say 23,000ish on paper, which is more than most championship clubs. And yes we will need the full 40,000 when we return to the premiership

Shrink the stadium capacity?  Well, if we have no desire to get back to top flight football then yes, that's the way forward.

Sure, this season I doubt we'll hit 80% capacity at all, sometimes 50% may be a push.   But if we hit the top flight?  And me just saying that will bring some smart arse bringing up our past attendances in the top flight, completely ignoring the overall trends in attendances since, which fill me with confidence that in the top flight our capacity would cause more people to buy season tickets once they realise that sell outs are not out of the question.

However until it happens, a lot of people will not believe me.