Mowatt, Wickham, D Gray, Aluko, Nolan, McGugan

Promotion within 2 years. Anyone who thinks we'll do that by careful free transfers and paying a bit more in wages is blinkered. The squad is nowhere near good enough and neither bar 3 or 4 of the first team are genuine promotion candidates.

Look at what's happened so far: 1- dc has paid £37-38 million for the club.

2- Nearly £2 million committed to new pitch (not just new pitch but the best type available) and a new scoreboard (to improve matchday experience and generate more revenue.

3 - Starting to implement a new professional management structure to drag the club out of the dark ages and take the club forward, Roeder and Pearson will not be on peanuts.

4 - Pearson states that dc is "frighteningly ambitious" this from a man that has guided hull into the premiership!

So far that is nearly £40 million plus Roeder and Pearsons wages, dc is not playing at this!

I think a large proportion of our fan base have got so used to no ambition and accepting 3rd & 4th rate players that they daren't or can't envisage that changing.

I think we will spend money on transfers this summer, not only because we have to but to change everyone outside sheffields perception of us. Despite Chris woods when we signed him mostly being a disaster the signing at the time was a great statement of intent, England's no 1 keeper and I expect us to make a similar type of signing this summer.

Who it will be I genuinely don't know but the team that takes to the pitch at hillsborough for the first game next season will be (imho) a much more exciting, expensively assembled and remunerated one than the one that started against Leeds.

in a nut shell, but my monies on promotion first year. UTO

Guest Darkus Owlus

Promotion within 2 years. Anyone who thinks we'll do that by careful free transfers and paying a bit more in wages is blinkered. The squad is nowhere near good enough and neither bar 3 or 4 of the first team are genuine promotion candidates.

Look at what's happened so far: 1- dc has paid £37-38 million for the club.

2- Nearly £2 million committed to new pitch (not just new pitch but the best type available) and a new scoreboard (to improve matchday experience and generate more revenue.

3 - Starting to implement a new professional management structure to drag the club out of the dark ages and take the club forward, Roeder and Pearson will not be on peanuts.

4 - Pearson states that dc is "frighteningly ambitious" this from a man that has guided hull into the premiership!

So far that is nearly £40 million plus Roeder and Pearsons wages, dc is not playing at this!

I think a large proportion of our fan base have got so used to no ambition and accepting 3rd & 4th rate players that they daren't or can't envisage that changing.

I think we will spend money on transfers this summer, not only because we have to but to change everyone outside sheffields perception of us. Despite Chris woods when we signed him mostly being a disaster the signing at the time was a great statement of intent, England's no 1 keeper and I expect us to make a similar type of signing this summer.

Who it will be I genuinely don't know but the team that takes to the pitch at hillsborough for the first game next season will be (imho) a much more exciting, expensively assembled and remunerated one than the one that started against Leeds.

All of this.

We're operating in dark age transfer policy and any slight suggestion of getting top players seems to get laughed at.

£2MILLION on a pitch ffs.

Half the names in the transfer thread are lower league key players. We needed PROVEN Championship quality, not Jimmy Smiths who's got 7 in 14 on the wing for Diddly Doo FC.

I remember the good old days, and I confess that I have lost confidence in our ever signing quality players, so there's little wonder that younger supporters have their doubts. Chansiri admitted that his young son knows more about the game than him. When he says that he wants promotion within the next two seasons, does he realize what expenditure that would/will entail? I don't doubt his sincerity, and I don't think it's a "Europe in five years" or a "Liverpool-type investment" situation, but I worry that his ignorance of the game might have led him to believe that getting out of this division is going to be cheaper than it actually will be. Apart from the defence/goalkeeper, the players in front of them are unlikely to be good enough to achieve his ambitions, especially as he says that he not only wants to go up, but stay up. Look at the spending power of Leicester and QPR, and look where they are. It would cost a king's ransom to get this team up and keep it there.

I remember the good old days, and I confess that I have lost confidence in our ever signing quality players, so there's little wonder that younger supporters have their doubts. Chansiri admitted that his young son knows more about the game than him. When he says that he wants promotion within the next two seasons, does he realize what expenditure that would/will entail? I don't doubt his sincerity, and I don't think it's a "Europe in five years" or a "Liverpool-type investment" situation, but I worry that his ignorance of the game might have led him to believe that getting out of this division is going to be cheaper than it actually will be. Apart from the defence/goalkeeper, the players in front of them are unlikely to be good enough to achieve his ambitions, especially as he says that he not only wants to go up, but stay up. Look at the spending power of Leicester and QPR, and look where they are. It would cost a king's ransom to get this team up and keep it there.

Please tell me you didn't fall for that load of guff.

Guest wilyfox

If a deal has been agreed with Watford for McGugan, as was alluded to, then we might see him coming in this week to start the ball rolling

This week is a tad hopeful.

Guest wilyfox

Seeing as the transfer window doesn't open until 1st July.  I'd say it's impossible.

We've signed players before July 1st in the past.

Guest wilyfox

Who and when?

Kirkland in May 2012, for example. You can probably sign a player anytime, but you can't register and play them until an appropriate window opens.

Any player can be signed from another team within the same football association once the domestic season has ended however most transfers don't happen before 1st July as players contracts expire 30th June.

Bakary Sako's contract expires this summer and will move?

Us and the Seals want him. Stumbling block £50k per week plus a high sign on fee. Will be interesting to see who blinks first

Guest wilyfox

Us and the Seals want him. Stumbling block £50k per week plus a high sign on fee. Will be interesting to see who blinks first

Settle on 40k and a scalextric set, you'll probably get him.

Settle on 40k and a scalextric set, you'll probably get him.

Not That bothered about him, but, I'd be lying if didn't say part of me hopes it us. Just to wee wee off the d1ngle5