Will Keane

Sign him up.

Will score goals at this level. Short cameo today but you can just tell he's an intelligent player.

My only doubt is his fitness. Injured for a year with United and missed the past month or so with us. But if fit this is the sort of player we should be aiming to get in.

People spouting some tripe about strikers who will never come here whatsoever. A young, English centre forward with ability and his career ahead of him is what we should be aiming for.

Get it sorted Stu.

Providing he stays fit and his injuries are behind him, he'll go on to do what Benik Afobe has done at Wolves. Maybe not score 33 in a season but he'll score goals at this level.

Really think we will regret it if we don't take a punt on the lad. He's got so much more to his game than any of our current strikers.

Decent enough footballer but weak as wee wee.

For the prices we're paying next season I expect better.

Weak? He holds the ball up better than any of our other strikers, anything but weak. He's a physical lad.

Providing he stays fit and his injuries are behind him, he'll go on to do what Benik Afobe has done at Wolves. Maybe not score 33 in a season but he'll score goals at this level.

Really think we will regret it if we don't take a punt on the lad. He's got so much more to his game than any of our current strikers.

Weak? He holds the ball up better than any of our other strikers, anything but weak. He's a physical lad.

He wore gloves at Blackpool...in March...soft as poo poo

Guest totemowl

Agree with OP. He's got great composure, strength and great ability to find the target.

Past injuries aren't a reason to write him off, not at this stage of his career. Ask Ross Barkley if in doubt.

Think he's technically good, but no real assets, no pace, no power and not a poacher. In fact he'd probably make a decent midfielder

lol

What do people watch. He's not lightning quick but he's got decent pace. No power? Look at his goal against Derby. Not a poacher? His goal against Cardiff.

Intelligent quality footballer who doesn't run around for the sake of it and makes good use of the ball when he has it at his feet. Sign him up before someone else does and there is a thread on here in a years time when everyone claims they knew how good he was.

Yep because wearing gloves is an accurate indicator to how strong a player is.

Brilliant.

Does him getting shoved off the ball numerous times today indicate how strong he is?

Tell you what pal, if he scores 20 for us, or anybody else at Championship level next season, I'll give £100 to SCH.

He will score goals at this level but so far has failed to do so.

Regardless of whether you think he's a good player or not, we need a striker who will score 20 goals next season.

I've seen nothing to suggest that Will Keane is that striker.

I think he'd be a decent signing based on the fact he will probably attract little interest from other clubs plus he won't be in Man Us plans so we could get him really cheap.

If he hits a purple patch in the first 20 or so games and bags 8-10 goals he could go for multiple millions, footballs fickle like that, clubs pay premium for players if they hit a bit of form (McCormack) so purely from a business point of view if we can take a fairly risk free punt on a young striker who could potentially be worth a tonne in a years time we'd be daft not to. We got Tom Lees for nothing in the summer and in a January there were rumours of prem clubs interested with big fees being touted, different players but same principle.

I'm saying, we need to do better, but the truth is, I'd rather have him than any of our other strikers Of course that's not saying much, but if he's the best, where do we start with others. To my mind, we need four new strikers. That isn't gonna happen, I know, and it's a sobering thought that we'll probably have to put up with a few of the ones we've suffered with this season

Decent enough footballer but weak as wee wee.

For the prices we're paying next season I expect better.

Blimey how much as it gone up? A hundred quid a season for everyone only generates the wages of two good championship players.

Do you really mean how much money Mr C is going to throw at it?

Guest totemowl

Does him getting shoved off the ball numerous times today indicate how strong he is?

Tell you what pal, if he scores 20 for us, or anybody else at Championship level next season, I'll give £100 to SCH.

Wow, such chilling generosity. I bet bookmakers don't get much from you.