I had a dream

It's Saturday the 12th August 2016 and I am stood at the train station. A train to Liverpool pulls in and I along with hundreds of others get on - it's going to be cosy.

Due to my friends organisation, as is customary in away trips, we move to our reserved table seats. The usual bottle of Moët is cracked open and another season is underway. A song of "Rhodes - Goal" to the tune of Gold by Spandau Ballet gets into full voice and the season feels real again.

The train pulls into Liverpool station at 11am and most of the train is already half cut. By 2.45 I am in the ground but I've had a lot to drink and my judgment is probably not the best. I know this because I am questioning the team selection of the man that has led us back to the PL - the Promised Land. "Why the hell has he picked Loovens instead of Cahill? What is the point in smashing the clubs record (albeit for a week) to bring in Gary Cahill as club captain only to pick Loovens - who is getting on - instead???"

It later emerges that Nuhiu accidentally injured him in the changing room. He tried to kick the water bottle into the kit bag and missed by five yards resulting in it catching Cahill right on his temple and knocking him

out. Anyway, I transgress.

20 minutes passes in a complete blur of emotion before I look up and see Imre Varadi rounding a stranded Bruce Grobelaar - I blink and realise it's the Moët kicking in, it's Jordan Rhodes rounding Petr Cech, Wednesday lead 1-0 at Anfield and " Wednesday are back" rings around Anfield. I hug my mates and then some fat bloke I have never met because I like his cheeky smile.

Before we know it, the second half is under way and Liverpool are laying siege to the Wednesday goal. Both Sturridge and Harry Kane hit the post. Wednesday seem to have weathered the storm and they have a rare attack. Nathaniel Clyne goes on a Mel Sterland style run before unleashing a powerful shot from a tight angle that Cech cannot hold and it rebounds to McGugan who taps in. His dark sexy locks are even darker than Gary Shelton's.

Pandemonium - Stuart Gray is on the pitch, the subs are on the pitch, hundreds of Wednesday fans are on the pitch. The MOTD cameras pan to Chansiri with his boyish smile and clenched fist. Wednesday fans look at each other and even though we're drunk, we know it, Wednesday are back!

As the reality of our 2-0 win sinks in, I realise that the sixteen years of utter tripe have been completely worth it. We are back and nobodies going to take it away for a good few years. We can all feel it, the good times are coming.

I feel some saliva on my cheek, I wake up and I have dribbled on my pillow. It's really April 20th 2015 and I can't believe the vividness of my dream. I then realise, it couldn't have been a dream, it was a vision.

Pass me another Stella pal.