If we wanted to buy Isgrove outright

Would be happy with him back here on a loan until January, reckon he would be in and around the first team. Guess it all depends on what Southampton do in summer, if they don't lose any of their current wingers then I suspect he'll still have limited first team opportunities and it'd be better for all parties involved if he came here until the end of 2015

Exactly the kind of signing and age we should be going for. Quality young players that can't/wont get in their premier league teams and will only improve and develop further by leaving. Dozens of players have left in the past with good reputations to join championship clubs. Usually go anywhere from a few hundred thousand to a couple of million. I also think this type of player is grossly undervalue, especially when you take into consideration today's market and what players cost. Then there's the whole resale value too.

I don't know where some of these huge fees are coming from. Look at how much youngsters from the top 6 clubs go for. Even the very promising successful ones. The precedent has already been set.

I honestly think you can get someone like Isgrove for 1M + add ons

Edited by jonesy87shef

This is the precedent that has been set the past few years. Lots of players around the 19-23 year old age from top clubs. Some have obviously been more successful than others. I think the highest fee in all these is Afobe for 1.75M. I posted this in another thread but works in here.

This list doesn't include free transfer which would just further add to my point. I will have also missed some off but that's just the too few sides in England. Great cheap market to go for imo.

Marnick Vermijl

Scoot Wooton

Ryan Tunnicliffe

Oliver Norwood

Danny Drinkwater

Matty James

Ritchie De Laet

James Chester

Craig Cathcart

Jack Cork

Benik Afobe

Henri Lansbury