That Nuhiu chance

If he hit it hard enough then there would have been little chance of the defender getting back for it.

ffs he didn't hit it......I'm all for pointing out Nuhiu's failings but saying he didn't hit it hard enough is just plain wrong and unfair

he accidentally ran in to it and had no clue what had happened or how hard he'd hit it

Guest totemowl

ffs he didn't hit it......I'm all for pointing out Nuhiu's failings but saying he didn't hit it hard enough is just plain wrong and unfair

he accidentally ran in to it and had no clue what had happened or how hard he'd hit it

It's one thing to point out Nuhui's failings but to make stuff up on this issue just makes you look stupid. Edited by totemowl

I didn't see it like that at the match but thought I'd wait till I'd seen it again.

I still think you're wrong.

Guest Strap

You're literally the most stupid person on this website. That takes some beating.

sounds about right to me.

where was the stat and how did they decide what to include as a 'big chance'?

Position Team Mins Played Goals Total Scoring Att Ontarget Scoring Att Hit Woodwork Big Chance Missed Goal Assist Appearances
Atdhe Nuhiu FW Sheff Wed 2,768 7 77 20 2 8 3 38
Chris Maguire FW Sheff Wed 2,537 6 79 24 1 1 2 35
Stevie May FW Sheff Wed 2,327 7 94 27 5 13 1 34
Will Keane FW Sheff Wed 849 3 22 6 0 1 0 11
Sergiu Bus FW Sheff Wed 108 0 2 1 0 0 0 2
Caolan Lavery FW Sheff Wed 105 1 6 1 0 0 0 6

And this was the article: http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/04/01/jh-who-is-sheffield-wednesdays-best-performing-striker-this-seas/page/1/

Guest JohnWest

At a guess because the thread isn't called "That Lavery Chance".....I might be wrong but that's my hunch

Shall we make some more threads up then?

Or shall we just debate about multiple stuff that ties in with the subject in one thread, it's up to you Ian. 

Guest totemowl

Position Team Mins Played Goals Total Scoring Att Ontarget Scoring Att Hit Woodwork Big Chance Missed Goal Assist Appearances Atdhe Nuhiu FW Sheff Wed 2,768 7 77 20 2 8 3 38 Chris Maguire FW Sheff Wed 2,537 6 79 24 1 1 2 35 Stevie May FW Sheff Wed 2,327 7 94 27 5 13 1 34 Will Keane FW Sheff Wed 849 3 22 6 0 1 0 11 Sergiu Bus FW Sheff Wed 108 0 2 1 0 0 0 2 Caolan Lavery FW Sheff Wed 105 1 6 1 0 0 0 6

And this was the article: http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/04/01/jh-who-is-sheffield-wednesdays-best-performing-striker-this-seas/page/1/

What source did they plagiarise the 'big chance missed' stat from?

I think he did try to do what he did, however a more switched on forward might attempt this in training or when 4 nil up. At nil nil you've got to go for the percentage shot with the finish. There's a reason nuhiu has 7 league goals, bad decision making is a part.

Lazy effort to not smash it home - or just fantastic goal line clearance?

I still can't decide

I think it was somewhere in between but he was unlucky. What bothers me more is the other chances that failed to take. There was a ball in the first half that was put in to him around the six-yard box from the left about (his) head head that he should have headed but he tried to bring it down and lost it, and, if my memory serves me correctly, in the second half, there was a ball whipped in from the right that looked like he could have contacted with if he'd have dived towards it.

As I said in another thread, Nuhiu is brilliant outside the box but woeful in it. I really hate to say it but if he can't solve his lack of goals he should be moved on. The only way we can keep him is if we get another forward for him to play alongside that scores enough goals to remove the effect of him not taking his chances.

I really like him but there should be no sentiment in football.

I think it was somewhere in between but he was unlucky. What bothers me more is the other chances that failed to take. There was a ball in the first half that was put in to him around the six-yard box from the left about (his) head head that he should have headed but he tried to bring it down and lost it, and, if my memory serves me correctly, in the second half, there was a ball whipped in from the right that looked like he could have contacted with if he'd have dived towards it.

As I said in another thread, Nuhiu is brilliant outside the box but woeful in it. I really hate to say it but if he can't solve his lack of goals he should be moved on. The only way we can keep him is if we get another forward for him to play alongside that scores enough goals to remove the effect of him not taking his chances.

I really like him but there should be no sentiment in football.

Let's be fair, westwood aside our entire squad could be replaceable if they don't start consistently performing.

Reality is there will only be a finite amount of wages/fees/players we will stretch to in summer. None of our strikers are scoring enough, and if we get offered better options, all four could realistically go.

Nuhiu probably offers enough outside of goals to warrant a place in the starting 11. But if two of the other 3 or any new lads come in and start scoring, it'll be a different conversation.

dem stats aint even right. says atte only hit the woodwork twice!!

Nuhiu hit the woodwork 1st home game of season v derby .

also the underside of the bar when stevie may headed home the rebound at home to bolton (may given offside)

and hit the post at home to boro when keane scored off the rebound.

i could name more, but he has hit woodwork at least 5 times, and i reckon May should be on more than the 5 mentioned too!

Having embarrassed myself on multiple occasions celebrating goals before they've crossed the line, over the past two seasons I've held back a bit before celebrating...wanting to be 100% sure the ball has gone in...checking to see if the linesman has flagged etc. I genuinely thought we'd scored though yesterday.

Lynch did incredibly to get back. He actually impressed me a lot yesterday. Definitely Huddersfield's best player.

I thought that, he should have been booked in the first half when he flattened Nuhiu though