Gray at the stain

Guest wilyfox

true but gray was at the game to watch a player I imagine & the only one I'd think it would be worth looking at is him

don't think scunny have anyone unless that canavan has had a decent season,,,,

But we're guessing. There were 28 players on show there last night - including one of our coaches Llera. Maybe his attendance was a show of support for Miguel?

This mornings papers report attendance an Lane last night was over 19000.

Don't Know where they were sitting !

Just checked out photo of Stu Gray (on News-Now SWFC) and he seems to be just about

the only one there.

I don't know who Stuart Gray was watching at BL last night. But I do know that when Hakeeb Adelakun was subbed #swfc's boss upped & left 1/2
  #swfc boss may just have been taking in a game - but as I said here last night, Adelakun is hot. Didn't shine but a real talent at 18...

I don't know who Stuart Gray was watching at BL last night. But I do know that when Hakeeb Adelakun was subbed #swfc's boss upped & left 1/2

#swfc boss may just have been taking in a game - but as I said here last night, Adelakun is hot. Didn't shine but a real talent at 18...

Sounds talented. Made his full team debut at 16 and he's already played over 50 times and scored a few times for Scunthorpe as well.

Plus he was named as one of the Football League's top 11 prospects a while ago.

http://www.scunthorpetelegraph.co.uk/Adelakun-named/story-20789445-detail/story.html

Adelakun looks like a young Antonio. Having one of those wouldn't be a bad thing.

Aye, perhaps with age on his side he could surpass Antonio given time and a chance at a higher level?

Nothing wrong with taking a look at lower league youngsters, especially if they become a gem or move on for money one-day.

Perhaps we can bring in better lower league players with a bigger budget, it's a market still worth looking at, even if we can afford to bring in proven quality players.

Guest AbbeyOwl

Hakeeb Adeola Abiola Ayinde Adelakun - make a fecking song to that!?

Sounds like a call to morning prayers at the mosque

I think we were linked with the Scunthorpe centre half Canavan, last season?

First read that as linked with a caravan in Scunthorpe and got a vision of the worst holiday ever.

I think they're kidding themselves with those attendances. I know someone who works there,and the other week after giving the crowd out at around 18,500,he said there was actually a few hundred shy of 15,000

I'm sure someone wouldve pointed that out if it was true, that's a huge difference

They've reached their level really, the best they can hope for. They're not likely to be a promotion contender any time soon, they just don't have the foundations in place - Gray has stabilised them, but snatching wins against Rotherham is kind of their highlight of the season and that's how I'd expect it to stay for a good while. They're not an interesting proposition.

Poor-ish style of football, knackered stadium, uninspiring manager. Hardly a selling point to a player is it?

I think Murphy has an affiliation with this club, I think he feels settled here. Could he play at the level above? Yes, absolutely. Will he do that with SUFC? Here's hoping! What a player. Would he sign for SWFC? I highly doubt it.

They are set to plateau in the Championship at best. SUFC have a lot further to go, to even get out of this league, I get that but I really sense that we're heading in the right direction, and we have a better foundation to build upon. We have stellar signings in recent times (Brayford, Baxter etc), signings with potential (Cuvelier, Scougall etc), supportive owners who have backed the manager, a good ground, a die-hard fanbase and a city centre location. We may not be up in the Championship yet, but I firmly believe that once we start heading that way, we'll pick up some real momentum. Think Southampton, Norwich etc. There's no guarantee of that of course and plenty of work to be done, but there's a buzz building at Bramall Lane, lots of potential and I think Murphy realises that - his long-term contract is an indication of that.

UTB.

lol