Definitely NOT going to Ipswich tonight.......

Guest Deleted member

I can remember earlier on in Stu's time at the top when he seemed to really make changes that altered the complexion of the game and we were able to get results. He wasn't negative either. Even now we're not playing with a lone striker up front. Clearly something isn't quite working but, I don't know what it is. I do think that the current squad is capable of doing better than we have done over the last few weeks.

Edited by themaskedowl

I can remember earlier on in Stu's time at the top when he seemed to really make changes that altered the complexion of the game and we were able to get results. He wasn't negative either. Even now we're not playing with a lone striker up front. Clearly something isn't quite working but, I don't know what it is. I do think that the current squad is capable of doing better than we have done over the last few weeks.

We seem to get strung out more than we did before. We are not that solid unit

Me on Saturday: "Definitely not going to Ipswich on Tuesday night"

Me on Sunday: "Absolutely, definitely not going to Ipswich on Tuesday night"

Me on Monday: "I really am absolutely definitely not going to Ipswich on Tuesday night"

Me just now: "So, Google Maps says its 3.5 hours, so if we set off at 3.30 we can be there for 7..."

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh I HATE you Sheffield Wednesday...

I feel sorry for fans like you, the ones that just can't say no. You need to learn how to take it or leave it.

Guest Deleted member

Unfortunately, it is like a drug.

I haven't enjoyed the football this year, at all. I know we are in 10th (how long before people stop shouting Yes but we are in xth position when you post any criticism), but Stu looks like he's trying his best to emulate Alan Irvine in terms of delivering absolute borefests... We are great defensively..but can you name me any fans who go to Hillsborough to see us manfully keep a clean sheet?

We go to Hillsborough to see us take a team apart, pass them off the park, run their defence ragged and score some goals. One goal would be good. I'm not absolutely sure, but is it still just 2 goals from open play, 3 penalties and 2 deflected free kicks at home? Nobody goes to work on a Monday and says excitedly to colleagues 'we kept a brilliant clean sheet on Saturday. I lost patience with the manager a while ago.

Since the beginning of January he's brought in 6 players, Baker has been recalled by Chelsea because (presumably) Stu didn't feel he was good enough for Saturday's squad. Keane still has loads to do to convince me he has what it takes to compete at this level, Vermijl hasn't looked any better than our other right back options (admittedly its early days), Melo did his very best last night to prove he's not the Brazilian one (again early days), McGugan looks better than he did in his first spell, but the biggest frustration, by far, is that Bus has come in, in a position we have struggled at all season, and in 2 games so far, he's managed a brief cameo (where he won a penalty)...

Last night at Ipswich he was stripped and ready to come on as sub, then it looks like Gray changed his mind, and brought Nuhiu on instead (who did his usual huff and puff without really achieving anything). One of the main reasons I chose to go last night when I'm stupidly busy at work was because, after Saturday, I was convinced I'd get to see more of Bus. Bus sat there for 20 minutes without his tracksuit on, seemingly he couldn't believe he hadn't been brought on. His body language suggested he wasn't happy, and neither was I.

But the worst thing about last night was the last 10 minutes. One goal down, and all Stu had in his locker was to stand in the technical area, arms folded, occasionally shaking his head. Nothing from the others, at all, no urging the players to not give up, to push on, to get the ball forward. The fans did their best "FFS Wednesday, we're playing in this half" as defenders passed the ball around in front of Westwood...

Keane and May had two incredible chances in the first half, both failed woefully to hit the target when they really should have scored. Had they done so the game would have been won at half time. May needs dropping. He has no confidence just now, and his continued selection is doing him no good at all. With Bus we have someone who can step into his shoes and have a go, but we desperately need someone with some class and experience.

On the way down in the car news of the new Premiership TV deal broke. The bottom club in the Premiership will have more income than all but 4 clubs in Europe, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich and PSG. I said to Dan, if the new owners have any sense, they will do everything they can to capitalise on our current position and bring in the players that can get us in the play offs this season. It's a big ask, from where we are, but with a win at Ipswich it might just put us within a shot... Unfortunately Stu's tactics last night mean we are (for the first time in a while) now closer to relegation than the play offs.

Like I said. Saturday is a huge game for the manager.

(Sorry for the long post)

Absolute top post Nigel - mirrors my sentiments exactly (and upsetting the natives on OO for expressing it.

Perhaps its an age thing as its us more mature element in body if not mind that are the most disgruntled with Gray and the "style" of football we endure

I accept the position in the league perhaps justifies the approach but jeez the games at S6 are simply tedious

Guest Deleted member

If it wasn't for the season ticket I'd stick to just going to the away games for the rest of the season.

I said to a friend last night that Gray seems to get on really well with the players - I wonder if its just a little bit too well. Sometimes in management you have to distance yourself from your team, in order to make the difficult decisions (like dropping May??)

Gray definitely has the trust and respect of a central core of players - we had a great team spirit at the beginning of the season, and again at the start of January, when loan players had returned and people were playing for each other. I wonder if the influx of players has destabilised that a little, meaning that Dunkirk 'backs to the wall' spirit is hit, and players lose that faith and fight.

Nice to read someone getting through the blinkered Owlstalk mantra.

Respect to you for the trip.

Not sure what Gray is on about either when it comes to performances - I was at Birmingham, Fulham and Reading.

I know we won at Brum but anybody who went will tell you how bad they were. Not a solid foundation to build on.

Have to disagree on May Nigel......he was the main source of our attacking threat last night......made the chance for himself which admittedly he should have done better with, made Keane's and heavily involved in the goal

Then Gray shifts him out to the wing to accomadate the donkey.....something that's happened a lot this season....give May 5 games upfront and then let's see

By the way, apparently I ignored you last night.... Sorry......I had no idea you were there, I was busy looking who the silly tvvats are that chose to sit behind a pole when 99% of the seats were in front of them!

Guest Deleted member

Yes you did ignore me. Don't worry, I thought you were still cross about me sticking up for Nuhiu when we spoke at Blackburn

lol

Guest Gazzaswfc

Iam havin worst season ever not been to away game all season & missed ipswich Norwich & Blackpool at home so I've seen 2 wins reading& Wigan all season see 2 goals from open play all season but could be worse could be a blade rant over