Crowd vs. Bolton

If the product on the pitch was a driving factor in why people attend matches, the majority of us would have stopped going years ago.

I actually didn't know until Friday that season ticket holders could take a friend for £10 so I don't think it was marketed very well but 22k is still a poor turnout out IMO.

Err, a large majority have stopped going since years ago, hence the attendences are now 22k and not 36k

Err, a large majority have stopped going since years ago, hence the attendences are now 22k and not 36k

Apart from the odd big match, when have we ever got 36k on a regular basis??

Over the last 15 years our average has remained pretty constant between 20-25k, during that entire period we've been very poor only ever having one top half Championship finish.

There are a great many reasons why people stop going to watch football but bearing our attendances over more than a decade of absolute garbage being served up on the pitch, I'd suggest that not being very good isn't one of them.

eh? Whats wrong with 22k on a freezin cold jantary day? How many clubs got more than us?

After 3 league wins in a row, pushing for a top 6 spot, with a cheap ticket offer on, personally I'd expect more.

Our part timers seem to be getting even more hard to please than ever before.

After 3 league wins in a row, pushing for a top 6 spot, with a cheap ticket offer on, personally I'd expect more.

Our part timers seem to be getting even more hard to please than ever before.

Imagine you're a family with 2-3 kids, and you think what shall we do on Saturday? Pay £80+ to watch Wednesday "potentially" score 1 goal and not play good football, or take the kids to the cinema in the warm. The die hard fans are the 19k that are still going, the part timers are people that do need more motivation than a dour 1-0 penalty win over blackpool in the last home game

Imagine you're a family with 2-3 kids, and you think what shall we do on Saturday? Pay £80+ to watch Wednesday "potentially" score 1 goal and not play good football, or take the kids to the cinema in the warm. The die hard fans are the 19k that are still going, the part timers are people that do need more motivation than a dour 1-0 penalty win over blackpool in the last home game

bad parenting!! A family that goes to the match together stays together!!

Plus it's pictures not cinema!!

Apart from the odd big match, when have we ever got 36k on a regular basis??

Over the last 15 years our average has remained pretty constant between 20-25k, during that entire period we've been very poor only ever having one top half Championship finish.

There are a great many reasons why people stop going to watch football but bearing our attendances over more than a decade of absolute garbage being served up on the pitch, I'd suggest that not being very good isn't one of them.

You're right - we had a spell under Jones for the first few matches in the championship at around 25K but once the enthusiasm wore off and realization dawned that it was gonna be a season long struggle we were back at the 20K mark. It's what we are. Having said that the offer was effectively the same as the Reading game - assuming the fans who wanted a £10 ticket knew a season ticket holder, but 7K less attended - odd really.