Was it a pen?

The problem these days is thhat it seems to be okay for defenders to block strikers - i'd say penalties could be awarded at virtually every corner now - the defenders set up with their blockers like an American Football team - they basically just manhandle and block the strikers to stop them getting near the ball

Seems that type of contact is now allowed

Make sure the ball doesn't hit a defenders shoulder fired at 100mph from 3 yards away when he's on the corner of the penalty box though...

Hows it going Scram, my Wednesday brother? 

Hope life is treating you great.

Guest The Horse

The problem these days is thhat it seems to be okay for defenders to block strikers - i'd say penalties could be awarded at virtually every corner now - the defenders set up with their blockers like an American Football team - they basically just manhandle and block the strikers to stop them getting near the ball

Make sure the ball doesn't hit a defenders shoulder fired at 100mph from 3 yards away when he's on the corner of the penalty box though...

Exactly.

The rules seem to go out of the window as soon as play enters the penalty box.

Attacking player touches defender = foul.

Defender rugby tackles attacker = no foul.

Lees did exactly that in the second half against Batth and got away with.

Atwell had a decent game in my opinion with the exception of 2 decisions 

Lee raked his studs down McDonalds achilles to stop him breaking, clear foul and a definite booking to stop an attack developing

2 mins later Danny Baath took out Stevie May in the exact same situation to stop a promising attack clear foul but no booking should have been.

I'm told always that you can't tackle in todays football but you can apparently grab hold of BOTH ARMS of a striker and rag him around  in the box 3 yards away from the Ref because thats exactly what happened to Stevie May it was a Penalty all day long

Not sure how far away from Lee's foul you were,but it happened right in front of us, and nobody raked anybody's achilles. Lee clipped the player, and a comment to the side of us was, "how soft must he be if Lee can hurt him?" I was about as far from the May "penalty" as you were from the Lee incident, and from that distance it's impossible to be 100% sure. It looked nailed on, but we weren't close enough to know for sure.

Not sure how far away from Lee's foul you were,but it happened right in front of us, and nobody raked anybody's achilles. Lee clipped the player, and a comment to the side of us was, "how soft must he be if Lee can hurt him?" I was about as far from the May "penalty" as you were from the Lee incident, and from that distance it's impossible to be 100% sure. It looked nailed on, but we weren't close enough to know for sure.

Bang in line behind it Lee stood on McDonalds achilles if you didn't see that then Specsavers have stores everywhere and The May incident on the north stand side of the box as close to my row 8 seat as possible to get and still be in the box 

Hows it going Scram, my Wednesday brother? 

Hope life is treating you great.

Sorry, missed this last night

I'm good thanks

Hope all well with you too!

We've had some rough luck with decisions over the years - even Jones suffered from some horrendous decisions last season

Maybe it's some kind of football karma for Gordon Watson's outrageous dive against Leeds...

30 games now since our last penalty.   The pull on May was blatant, as was the foul on maguire at Hudds.   Then you watch MOTD and see players collapsing at the merest touch and getting a penalty ( sunderlands v west ham for example).  IF we ever get one in the 90th minutes and we're 4-0 up we should refuse to take it and tell the ref he must have made a mistake, we;re not allowed to get them.

30 games now since our last penalty.   The pull on May was blatant, as was the foul on maguire at Hudds.   Then you watch MOTD and see players collapsing at the merest touch and getting a penalty ( sunderlands v west ham for example).  IF we ever get one in the 90th minutes and we're 4-0 up we should refuse to take it and tell the ref he must have made a mistake, we;re not allowed to get them.

30 games.  That's taking the pish. 

Was thinking last night, the season palarse went up, i think they had about 30 plus penalties awarded to them that sense hence all them goals Glenn Murray scored. 

We can't even get 1 correct decision being made.  

Wolves had a perfectly good goal disallowed. So it's probably fair to say that it levelled itself out.

I was actually more frustrated by the fact that three of the four minutes of added time were taken up by substitutions and one of their players having a bit of a sit down. How does that work?

Edited by George Whitebread