Was it a pen?

Stevie May incident - Yes 100% - He skinned their defender & their defender grabbed around him and pulled him back. It's sad to say, but if Stevie has fallen and looked for it we'd have probably gotten that one...it was right in front of the ref.

The Maguire incident, looked more like a coming together to me (was directly in front of me) but I've seen them given loads of times. 

Atwell had a decent game in my opinion with the exception of 2 decisions 

Lee raked his studs down McDonalds achilles to stop him breaking, clear foul and a definite booking to stop an attack developing

2 mins later Danny Baath took out Stevie May in the exact same situation to stop a promising attack clear foul but no booking should have been.

I'm told always that you can't tackle in todays football but you can apparently grab hold of BOTH ARMS of a striker and rag him around  in the box 3 yards away from the Ref because thats exactly what happened to Stevie May it was a Penalty all day long 

We don't get penalties if we go down, we don't get penalties if we stay on our feet. 

Atwell had a very good first half but in the second half he didn't have any control of the game, the guy has no authority. 

The May pen was ridiculous, perfectly placed, saw the tug and 'chose' to not give foul, so poor. 

Edited by Owls2k

No doubt whatsoever...it wasn't a shirt tug or owt..he was dragging down on Mays arm for 2 or 3 strides....

The problem these days is thhat it seems to be okay for defenders to block strikers - i'd say penalties could be awarded at virtually every corner now - the defenders set up with their blockers like an American Football team - they basically just manhandle and block the strikers to stop them getting near the ball

Seems that type of contact is now allowed

Make sure the ball doesn't hit a defenders shoulder fired at 100mph from 3 yards away when he's on the corner of the penalty box though...