the Figures are

Derby 4132 home fans 21054 total 25186

millwall 427 home 20209 20636 evening

Forest 2617 home 18039 20656 live on tv

Reading 856 home 28992 29848

Ipswich 622 home 17471 18093 evening

Watford 1444 home 19465 20909

Norwich i wont know till i get tonights programme, but about 2k?

So including Norwich and Bournemouth we're averaging around 20000 home fans. With out the reading game it's around 18700. I think there was a kid a quid game in there somewhere as well.

In answer to the OP, yes.

According to the OS about 4 hours ago - over 24k tickets have already been sold.

Probably looking at about 26 - 27k then.

That's good. Is that including rotherham fans? With a good walk up it should be a good atmosphere. Hopefully a decent performance and a few fans might come back more regularly.

Whatever league you're in if you're winning games consistently then attendances will increase but if you're doing rubbish then they'll drop.

Didn't Utd have a few attendances around 15,000 in first half of last season under Weir?? 

Still decent for league one but lower than previous seasons when they were doing well in league one.

Whatever league you're in if you're winning games consistently then attendances will increase but if you're doing rubbish then they'll drop.

Didn't Utd have a few attendances around 15,000 in first half of last season under Weir??

Still decent for league one but lower than previous seasons when they were doing well in league one.

They were low I'm not sure how low. The point is they've pretty much equalled our home crowds despite being a division below and us being "massive". They're not exactly setting league 1 alight and we're not exactly propping up the league. The myth we like to believe, that we're fantastic supporters and much bigger than the pigs is exactly that.

Our crowds early season when we were doing ok weren't very good either.

We were doing well away, we haven't scored league goals at home all season, our good start was thanks to away wins.

We have scored 3 league goals in 8 home games and a big fat 0 from open play. Blackpool have scored more home goals than us and Birmingham, who didn't win a home game in about a year, have more home points than we do.

It's more about the general mood around the club. At the stain they have the belief that they can get promoted, however misguided. They also approach cup games the right way, and consequently they have had a couple of cup runs which has stimulated interest. We on the other hand are stagnating, we are fed constant bull by those at the club. When it appears, those who run the club, don't really care, it has a knock on effect on the fans.

It's more about the general mood around the club. At the stain they have the belief that they can get promoted, however misguided. They also approach cup games the right way, and consequently they have had a couple of cup runs which has stimulated interest. We on the other hand are stagnating, we are fed constant bull by those at the club. When it appears, those who run the club, don't really care, it has a knock on effect on the fans.

Said the same to the blunts fans a couple of weeks ago. They had good season ticket sales due to a strong finish to last season, a good cup run and a decent price structure.

We finished last season badly, had a summer of re-signing players that most deemed not good enough and as a club we are in a state of limbo, happy to plod along spending as little as possible.

They still seem to like a moan as much as we do though despite their increase in numbers from what I have heard their team have been booed off a fair few times already this season and they are still moaning on forums and phone-ins.

Don't remember us portraying us much negativity under Sturrock (for all you attendance twitching Blades we averaged around 23,000 that season, even with uncle Dave at the helm.

This game wont be boring, that is for sure,

Both teams think they can win it, both teams on the type of form where the only thing left to do is 'go for it' 

One other point worth noting. This season its felt like every time we go 1-0 down its game over, cant get back into it. none of that this saturday, toytown this season seem to concede everytime they score, its been bizarre, SG would have noted it, thats for sure.

If we score first it could easy be another 3-0 defeat for them,

if they score first it will be the beginning of a ding-dong encounter, 2-2 maybe.

We wont lose though.

edit:  No idea why did i posted that in this thread!?

Edited by GY-owl.4

We wee wee all over the pigs when it comes to 'like for like' support home and away

As a club we may be a league higher but for the last 20 years we have finished in the top half of a league 4 times (two of those have been in League 1) and have fluked a league cup semi! I bet its hard to find a club with a record as bad as that still averaging 20,000+ a season

We wee wee all over the pigs when it comes to 'like for like' support home and away

As a club we may be a league higher but for the last 20 years we have finished in the top half of a league 4 times (two of those have been in League 1) and have fluked a league cup semi! I bet its hard to find a club with a record as bad as that still averaging 20,000+ a season

Not this season we don't.

Whatever the reason and whatever the prices Uniteds crowds are brilliant, there's no denying it. It can't be denied that ours are disappointing so far this season either, don't know why. I applaud Uniteds low prices, football in general is too expensive. However a few points:

1. What really matters is INCOME. Over 60's pay £13 at the lane (my friend does anyway), about HALF what he'd pay at Wednesday as our concession is 65. Under 18's are very cheap too. If they have 10,000 season tickets and half the other 8 or 9,000 are concessions the actual income is low.

2. They are winning. Mostly 1-0 against Crawley and Rochdale but fans want a winning team. We have won once at home since about March!

3. Their decline has lasted 7 years, ours has lasted 15 years and it does wear you down. The last 10 years or so has seen them get to a couple of Fa Cup semi finals and play off finals.

4. We only have Rovrum as a so-called Derby (it's not really)

5. I predict that our crowds will be higher than theirs, on average, at the end of the season.

Moving the concession age from 60-65 was a ludicrous decision considering, we have more than 10k spare seats, it should be changed back. Edited by Geedee