General Meeting reminder

Are Wednesdayite Members now members of "Wednesdayite" Ltd ?

Because Legally all "active" members should be according to the status of that company. 

This has a MASSIVE can of worms all over it. 

Because technically any members of "Wednesdayite" are not automatically members of the new Wednesdayite Ltd. 

So what was the AGM  / Meeting for again ? 

If it was the "old" Wednesdayite. This is now a "defunct" company.

If its the new "wednesdayite" There are no members of that organisation. 

Edited by _Ibbo_

Guest Undercover_Owl

And which of the two companies collected matchday parking funds and hospitality funds etc? The new or the old? Which has the legal status and contracts to do so?

So on the face of it, we have an organisation of some 550 members who think they are members of a Supporters Trust that has lost both it's trust and IPS status?

From a personal standpoint, I would like the following:

1) To belong to a Supporters Trust representing Sheffield Wednesday supporters (does the new Wednesdayite do that?), that also has appropriate (IPS, membership of SD etc) so that as and when needed it can (attempt) to hold the club to account

2) An organisation that is capable of (and is the sensible option for) obtaining ACV status on Hillsborough if deemed necessary - suspect no chance of that now as they have proved incapable of running anything

3) A full explanation as to what happened on the correspondence in the years 2005-10 that is referred to above (who was it supposed to go to, who did it go to, why was it not missed etc. etc.)

4) A proper fact finding exercise and holding to account of those responsible (suspect this is something that might need the input of Supporters Direct as Wednesdayite were affiliated to them at the time and subject to their rules and disciplinary procedures)

5) An explanation as to why given that nearly two years have passed since the company was struck off it has taken so long to bring this to members attention. Why was the information suppressed and on who's authority?

6) Proper proposals about was is to be done about the frozen funds (presumably this could be resolved by a vote of the active membership at the time the company was suspended)

7) A sensible way forward for the future. Given the way football is headed in this country I think it is vital that all clubs should have a proper supporters trust to protect (as far as is possible) the fans interests.

So on the face of it, we have an organisation of some 550 members who think they are members of a Supporters Trust that has lost both it's trust and IPS status?

From a personal standpoint, I would like the following:

1) To belong to a Supporters Trust representing Sheffield Wednesday supporters (does the new Wednesdayite do that?), that also has appropriate (IPS, membership of SD etc) so that as and when needed it can (attempt) to hold the club to account

2) An organisation that is capable of (and is the sensible option for) obtaining ACV status on Hillsborough if deemed necessary - suspect no chance of that now as they have proved incapable of running anything

3) A full explanation as to what happened on the correspondence in the years 2005-10 that is referred to above (who was it supposed to go to, who did it go to, why was it not missed etc. etc.)

4) A proper fact finding exercise and holding to account of those responsible (suspect this is something that might need the input of Supporters Direct as Wednesdayite were affiliated to them at the time and subject to their rules and disciplinary procedures)

5) An explanation as to why given that nearly two years have passed since the company was struck off it has taken so long to bring this to members attention. Why was the information suppressed and on who's authority?

6) Proper proposals about was is to be done about the frozen funds (presumably this could be resolved by a vote of the active membership at the time the company was suspended)

7) A sensible way forward for the future. Given the way football is headed in this country I think it is vital that all clubs should have a proper supporters trust to protect (as far as is possible) the fans interests.

As far as I can work out.

Wednesdayite don't have ANY members. Sheffield Wednesdayite supporters society was struck off. 

I'm assuming that the membership is dissolved with this as well ?

You can't be a member of a struck off society ?

This is going to be a real disaster, unless its handled well. 

You can't just setup a new company. Transfer assets from a struck off one to the new one easily.

Are our memberships all now null and void for example ? We were members of Sheffield Wednesday Supporters society t/a wednesdayite

This no longer exists. 

Edited by _Ibbo_

The silence from Wednesdayite is deafening.

Funny that they were quite vocal about how MM ran our club not so long ago, yet they couldn't organise the running of a supporters club with circa 500 members.

Hopefully one of the board members has the balls to answer these questions. I won't hold my breath though.

Edited by markowl

Guest Undercover_Owl

Spot on Utah.

I fear that this would now require a public enquiry rather than just the current directors starting a new Ltd company and hoping to just seamlessly transfer all contracts, liabilities, assets, membership etc into the new Ltd company and hoping it will all go away.

I'm not party to what and how these transfers have taken place but I am of the opinion that there is some doubt about the legality of those transfers and some questions to be answered about the legality of the new Ltd company assuming the contracts, liabilities and authority of the old organisation and charging supporters and members for use of facilities that the old company had contracts and agreements in place to run, maintain and service.

Guest Undercover_Owl

For example. Have new leases been agreed with the carpark owners in the name of the new ltd company?

If the old company is now dissolved then what right does the new ltd company have to charge monies to members of the old company?

What right does the new ltd company have to open, service and charge for use of the carpark?

What bank account are the matchday takings being paid into?

What were the dates at which the old organisation was struck off and dissolved? From what year did membership fees belong to the new ltd company? When was the new ltd company in force? When did members of the old company vote to or choose to transfer membership to the new ltd company?

Are the funds that the new ltd company is taking from memberships that they potentially don't actually have (if the members are actually members of the old company) and takings from matchdays being kept secure and separate from the funds and takings of the old company which has been dissolved?

What about the WTID money? Has that been sorted yet?

just a quick question from someone who isn't a leagle eagle or doesen,t pretend to be one , what will happen to the thousands I have contributed via you lot purchasing my paintings , will the funds still help the community or is it possible that it may be lost in all this ,

Guest Deleted member

As far as Im concerned 

The new company was incorporated on the 21st July 2014. You will have applied for your membership AFTER that. The membership is in the name Wednesdayite Limited, therefore you are a member of Wednesdayite, NOT The Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Society.

THAT is why its important to have a membership system run annually - or you would have a position where people would/wouldn't be members and wouldn't know which they were.

The meeting last Saturday was to approve ALL board directors - so the initial 2 will have been used to incorporate (and presumably if not approved would have stepped down) - in reality ALL directors from the previous organisation that stood were approved.

Wednesdayite were more than open at the meeting in stating that they were currently receiving legal advice in regards to the assets of the defunct organisation, and expect an answer in 3 weeks.

The new company ISN'T a Trust Utah - and therefore won't be members of SD.

Regards this

As previously explained I became aware of the issue in approx Jan of last year (when a member raised the issue with afellow director). I made enquiries with regards to appealing the information, and all of this was presented to the Board at the next Board meeting. at that meeting Paul Holmes agreed to write an article for circulation to the membership. Unfortunately Paul suffered a bereavement around this time, and the article didn't get written, despite further agreement at a subsequent Board meeting to get this information out there.

Events overtook us, and there became other priorities, most notably the very public (and time consuming nature of 3 directors stepping down) and the very disruptive behaviour of a director who has subsequently left the organisation.

Guest Deleted member

Im trying to be as open as I can be about all of this - without access to the documents etc and minutes it is difficult to put exact dates on things.

Can I also suggest you cut some slack to Paul and John (the only guys who really post on here on Wednesdayites behalf - again another failing of the rest of the Board by lumping everything on their shoulders) - they are both very busy guys with jobs and stuff and can't expected to spend all day on here posting replies to all of these questions.

Guest Undercover_Owl

just a quick question from someone who isn't a leagle eagle or doesen,t pretend to be one , what will happen to the thousands I have contributed via you lot purchasing my paintings , will the funds still help the community or is it possible that it may be lost in all this ,

This URGENTLY needs an answer.

Trev deserves better for his hard work for the community.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

As far as Im concerned

The new company was incorporated on the 21st July 2014. You will have applied for your membership AFTER that. The membership is in the name Wednesdayite Limited, therefore you are a member of Wednesdayite, NOT The Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Society.

THAT is why its important to have a membership system run annually - or you would have a position where people would/wouldn't be members and wouldn't know which they were.

The meeting last Saturday was to approve ALL board directors - so the initial 2 will have been used to incorporate (and presumably if not approved would have stepped down) - in reality ALL directors from the previous organisation that stood were approved.

Wednesdayite were more than open at the meeting in stating that they were currently receiving legal advice in regards to the assets of the defunct organisation, and expect an answer in 3 weeks.

The new company ISN'T a Trust Utah - and therefore won't be members of SD.

Regards this

As previously explained I became aware of the issue in approx Jan of last year (when a member raised the issue with afellow director). I made enquiries with regards to appealing the information, and all of this was presented to the Board at the next Board meeting. at that meeting Paul Holmes agreed to write an article for circulation to the membership. Unfortunately Paul suffered a bereavement around this time, and the article didn't get written, despite further agreement at a subsequent Board meeting to get this information out there.

Events overtook us, and there became other priorities, most notably the very public (and time consuming nature of 3 directors stepping down) and the very disruptive behaviour of a director who has subsequently left the organisation.

Any membership collected should be null and void under legal terms.... People had not been informed of the changes afoot.

Potentially that's taking money under false pretences. Funny how your pal Keys is quiet eh utah?

Guest Undercover_Owl

Also, thanks again Grandad.

If the new ltd company assumed control of the identity of Wednesdayite as it had been in July 2014 then all funds taken in membership fees and facility/matchday takings since then must be kept separate from the old company with new accounting and a new bank account. Has this been done?

Again, were the members made aware prior to the new company assuming the identity of Wednesdayite that they were actually signing up as members of an entirely new ltd company? If not then it is questionable how legal the membership is and how the funds were taken.

Again, we need to know if new leases and contracts to suppliers etc have been signed. Amid not then the new ltd company had no authority to legally take control of and operate the matchday hospitality and carpark nor to charge for them. Also was the correct insurance in place or did they place users at risk? This is urgent.

Guest Undercover_Owl

Any membership collected should be null and void under legal terms.... People had not been informed of the changes afoot.

Potentially that's taking money under false pretences. Funny how your pal Keys is quiet eh utah?

Potentially Wednesdayite sold membership by discussing the (admittedly excellent) community and charity work done by the old organisation when the new ltd company had little or no such claims to such things.

Potentially Wednesdayite sold membership by promoting exclusive use of a carpark and matchday facilities that they (then/still) had no legal contracts, leases or rights to use as they were still in place with the old, now dissolved company.

Potentially Wednesdayite sold membership under the illusion that members were paying to sign up to the existing structure and not the new ltd company.

That's how I see it potentially being.

The approval of the directors was a dishonest process then.

Did any member appreciate the fact they were approving directors of a new company and not 'Wednesdayite'.

This is a serious major issue.

Edited by _Ibbo_

Guest Deleted member

Also, thanks again Grandad.

If the new ltd company assumed control of the identity of Wednesdayite as it had been in July 2014 then all funds taken in membership fees and facility/matchday takings since then must be kept separate from the old company with new accounting and a new bank account. Has this been done?

Again, were the members made aware prior to the new company assuming the identity of Wednesdayite that they were actually signing up as members of an entirely new ltd company? If not then it is questionable how legal the membership is and how the funds were taken.

Again, we need to know if new leases and contracts to suppliers etc have been signed. Amid not then the new ltd company had no authority to legally take control of and operate the matchday hospitality and carpark nor to charge for them. Also was the correct insurance in place or did they place users at risk? This is urgent.

Im afraid I can't answer any of that. I'm not party to the information required to answer it

The approval of the directors was a dishonest process then.

Did any member appreciate the fact they were approving directors of a new company and not 'Wednesdayite'.

This is a serious major issue.

Rubbish.

All members knew they were voting for directors of the new organisation, because everybody who voted was in receupt of a full statement outlining a full summary of everything that had happened and why there was a need to incorporate a new company.