Boys Home Shirt Needed For Mascot Derby County Game

When I read this thread it make you realise that football is becoming more and more about squeezing the last penny they can from ever supporter. I am sure Wednesday are no worse then every other club as well.

Barnsley give their mascots a full kit with whatever name and number they want on the back + their mascot package is very much cheaper than ours at £195

It's not a case of the club being tight...it's the commercial team who appear to be out of touch with what kids want from the experience. They don't want programmes, fine dining and comfy seats.

They want merchandise, they want to see their favourite player and run out onto the pitch. They want a kit, a cuddly a toy, a flag...whatever. Something that they can remember from the experience. A 3 course meal and sat in a pretencious section of the South won't give them a lasting memory.

They should reserve the seats behind the home bench for Mascots, so that they are a few metres away from their football "heroes". Drop the 3 course meal and provide some snacks inside an SWFC sarnie box. Give them a kit and a signed football, as well as the photos and pitch experience.

Thanks everyone...... Looks like my son has a shirt to borrow for the game... I appreciate all your advice and comments.

He will be a happy & pround young man walking out on Saturday....... Don't we have the best fan's ever??!!

I hope he enjoys it and doesn't spill ribena down that shirt :)

Shame you've had to do this though, have a great day.

Guest Deleted member

Not sure the criticism of the Commercial Team is justified. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

The criticism of Sondico however is definitely warranted

Not sure the criticism of the Commercial Team is justified. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

I was more criticising the package overall- definitely Sondico are to blame for the fact we have no kits available to buy. But regardless of that, and i know it was off topic anyway, SWFC don't offer a shirt as part of the mascot £420 package. Which in itself is a bit rubbish. 

Guest Big Guns

I'm more surprised you have to pay to be a mascot - what the hell?

im even more surprised that youve not applied to be the mascot

It's not a case of the club being tight...it's the commercial team who appear to be out of touch with what kids want from the experience. They don't want programmes, fine dining and comfy seats.

They want merchandise, they want to see their favourite player and run out onto the pitch. They want a kit, a cuddly a toy, a flag...whatever. Something that they can remember from the experience. A 3 course meal and sat in a pretencious section of the South won't give them a lasting memory.

They should reserve the seats behind the home bench for Mascots, so that they are a few metres away from their football "heroes". Drop the 3 course meal and provide some snacks inside an SWFC sarnie box. Give them a kit and a signed football, as well as the photos and pitch experience.

Not bad ideas - definitely something worth looking at to tweak it more towards the mascot

Owlstalk Shop

The "posh meal and pretentious seats" are for the mam & dad to enjoy...

I probably make it back to the country once a year at best, and don't mind coughing up for the hospitality package for me and my nephew. It's not cheap, that's for sure... But the club do a good job. It's good quality grub, and a good atmosphere. Grown men are also not allowed to wear replica shirts, so that should please some on here!

I was at the Newcastle game and Hirsty made a big fuss of the young lad who was the mascot. Fantastic signed match ball and medal...as well as a 'once in a lifetime' experience... It's usually 110 per person plus VAT, so 350 for the (3 people) mascot package is probably a bit of a bargain.

The "posh meal and pretentious seats" are for the mam & dad to enjoy...

I probably make it back to the country once a year at best, and don't mind coughing up for the hospitality package for me and my nephew. It's not cheap, that's for sure... But the club do a good job. It's good quality grub, and a good atmosphere. Grown men are also not allowed to wear replica shirts, so that should please some on here!

I was at the Newcastle game and Hirsty made a big fuss of the young lad who was the mascot. Fantastic signed match ball and medal...as well as a 'once in a lifetime' experience... It's usually 110 per person plus VAT, so 350 for the (3 people) mascot package is probably a bit of a bargain.

I'm fairly sure that a price of over £400 for a kid to be a mascot excludes a fair amount of our supporters who have children who would love to do this.

The price per person as you put it is not that different to the price of the hospitality package - for those that can afford the hospitality package that's great. I am sure that those who can would be able to afford to do the hospitality one season and the mascot another if they so wished.

As has been said, the mascot package should be about the mascot's day first and foremost. Barnsley's/Norwich's deals puts ours in perspective.

The price should reflect the one-off nature of the opportunity but the price we offer goes too far with too little in return.

Strange comment given that on the first page of this thread you state:

Mascots get a full kit given by the club dont they?

Have you spoken to the commercial team?

WOW

I'd no idea. I assumed for £350 plus VAT (£420) you got a kit with it