Realistic Wish lists

We have little chance of signing Fryatt, Sharp, Macheda. Lots of other clubs and better wages available that's if they don't stay where they are. We won't get the Sam Baldock, Callum Wilson types either because even if they are for sale we have already shown we don't have the money for inflated transfer fees. The (season long) loan route is the only way to go and it's a gamble if it doesn't produce the goods. For me Chuks Aneke is a worthwhile gamble. He's scored for fun in L1 and will probably be loaned to a Champ side next term. At least we have the contacts and good will.

I also believe we must bring in a younger pacier CB if we can keep Loovens. I doubt Zayatte will be going anywhere so he's likely to be backup CB in 14/15! In midfield why not try to grab Coppinger from Donny especially if we can trade a couple of unwanted bodies as part of the deal?

We really do have to be realistic as the OP asks. Forget the big names it won't happen

Edited by BigOwl

Guest wilyfox

Fryatt, Murray, Dyer, Guidetti, Maynard, Vaz Te, Eagles, Lopes. I'd be happy with any of those. Defenders...not so sure. Open to suggestion. Yes to Hutchinson & Loovens.

McGowan and Maclean out of contract at St Mirren, Freeman at Stevenage. Last two would require compensation fee. All of them are slightly built, but great on the ball and cary latent goal treath. With Tranmere relegated I would keep an eye on James Wallace situation, and if he can get to full fitness before thr start of pre season. Would keep an eye on Gary Gardner as well.

Out of contract players from the premiership who I would ask, that maybe out of our range, but if you don't ask them you won't get them:

Cardiff

Peter Whittingham

Ben Turner

Don Cowie

Hull

Matty fryatt

Robert Koran

Alex Bruce

Newcastle

Dan gosling

Norwich

Michael turner

Stoke

Matt etherington

Andy wilkinson

Swansea

Leroy lita

WBA

Chris brunt

Billy jones

West ham

Vaz te

George mccartney

Wabara sounds very promising indeed.

Ignasi Miquel is available for free, like what i've seen of him. 

Wouldn't write off St Ledger. We need someone of his experience that's for sure, he's shown great ability in the past and is still only 28. 

Gary Gardner, with a pre-season and bit more integration into our squad, he'll be a "rough diamond", i'm convinced! 

wish people would give up with the Fryatt being realistic thoughts. Really hope MM surprises me but feeling its gonna be journeymen and loans again

I hope people do understand this but the thread was call wish list. I agree that we will sign journeymen and get loans in but it's nice to try and be optimistic for a change before reality sets in and we bring in the usual rubbish

I hope people do understand this but the thread was call wish list. I agree that we will sign journeymen and get loans in but it's nice to try and be optimistic for a change before reality sets in and we bring in the usual rubbish

"REALISTIC wish list" i believe  :biggrin: