Can you name this former Sheffield Wednesday player ?

For those of you who have never ventured further north than the border Hampden is worth a visit.

There are however, two Hamdens, Big Hampden and little Hampden. It or rather they are situated between two areas, Queens Park and Kings Park. The stadia is just on the edge of Queens Park but ample street parking is available over the main Road on the Kings Park estate.

If you are wanting to visit the Big Stadium it's worth checking whether Queens Park are playing in Big or little Hampden. Little Hampden is a training ground with a small terrace running round three sides of the pitch and probably hold 7 or 800, ample for Queens Parks average home attendance. Sitting in the big Stadium for a Queens Park game is one of the weirdest football experiences I have ever had, 500 in a ground that has housed 135,000.

For anyone thinking of that unusual football adventure there is nothing else I would rather recommend than a jaunt around some of the Scotland lower league grounds.  

from wiki,

Queen's Park has won the Scottish Cup the third most times of any club, behind Rangers and Celtic, although the last win was in 1893.

Queen's Park is also the only Scottish football club to have played in the FA Cup Final, achieving this feat in both 1884 and 1885.

from wiki,

Queen's Park has won the Scottish Cup the third most times of any club, behind Rangers and Celtic, although the last win was in 1893.

Queen's Park is also the only Scottish football club to have played in the FA Cup Final, achieving this feat in both 1884 and 1885.

a common quiz question, people tend to answer "Berwick", including me at one point

from wiki,

They also went 7 years undefeated at one point if I remember correctly. That's almost as good as Huddersfield!

Out of interest here is another couple of photo's from the game I found in an old England programme - the crowd looks amazing

sS.jpg

Just look how high Swanny has jumped....you don't see that too often....and they say that players are much fitter now! Mind you, he was a natural athlete, statuesque as someone so eloquently said earlier.