Hillsborough Memorial

Sick to the back teeth of hearing about this tbh, however I suspect that this will run and run and run so I will soon lose the will to live.

One thing I would like to see is an annual fans memorial day where we can remember all fans killed following the sport the love....that includes victims of Hillsborough, Heysel, Bradford, Ibrox and including our own lads killed at Coventry the other year amongst many others. If individual clubs want to celebrate the individual anniversaries then thats up to them.

Secondly I would ask what kind of justice do the families want for the unfortunate victims of the crush on Leppings Lane. Do they want compy? I understand that this has already been paid, Do they want police officers being dragged through court for murder? Do they want corporate manslaughter charges bringing? Please somebody tell me what justice for the 96 means?

Sick to the back teeth of hearing about this tbh, however I suspect that this will run and run and run so I will soon lose the will to live.

One thing I would like to see is an annual fans memorial day where we can remember all fans killed following the sport the love....that includes victims of Hillsborough, Heysel, Bradford, Ibrox and including our own lads killed at Coventry the other year amongst many others. If individual clubs want to celebrate the individual anniversaries then thats up to them.

Secondly I would ask what kind of justice do the families want for the unfortunate victims of the crush on Leppings Lane. Do they want compy? I understand that this has already been paid, Do they want police officers being dragged through court for murder? Do they want corporate manslaughter charges bringing? Please somebody tell me what justice for the 96 means?

Maybe they want those responsible (or partially) for the humongous wee wee tail ups charged?

Will they have a minutes silence on the last round of Premier League games on the 11th May for Bradford? Don't hold your breath but it may be worthwhile asking Mr Scudamore if they are going to remember it. The media, FA, Football League, Premier League, Sky, ESPN etc should go all out next year to highlight the 30th anniversary of the Bradford fire and show what the impact was on football grounds as well as some the good work the local community did.

The original enquiry was heavily biased in favour of the police and the new enquiry will be heavily biased in favour of the Liverpool fans I fear.

I've heard reports on the radio since the enquiry began that they are being told the life stories of the people who died in the disaster but I have to ask what has that got to do with what happened on the day?

Many people involved that day who were threatened, witnessed drunkeness e.t.c. e.t.c do not want to be interviewed again for fear of reprisals.

I know someone who at the original enquiry spoke of being threatened with a broken beer bottle to his face by Liverpool fans whilst working as a steward on the away end.

A lynch mob were waiting for him outside the Town Hall and he had to be whisked out of a back door to escape them.

I know other stewards on the Leppings Lane end that day who are being bullied and threatened to attend the new enquiry but have said they don't want to appear for fear of reprisal.

Another who was a turnstile operator on the day and had lots of offers of payment to gain entry to the ground again doesn't want to be involved and had told them he will seek legal advice if they keep bothering him.

I myself have been contacted by investigators this week and they want to interview me again.

R.I.P The innocent 96

My concern is this will become a witch hunt and justice won't be done.

There's been such a constant publicity campaign in favour of the Liverpool fans and regular negative comments about the police that it's impossible for anyone on the jury not to be affected.

Also there's such a feeling of empathy and sadness towards the 96 that's the trial could be about giving them what they want.

It's now getting to a stage that if the Authorities find evidence to slight the Liverpool fans then they may be told by the government to lose the evidence.

If a Liverpool fan came forward with damping evidence against his own fans he would be forced to leave the country through fear of reprisals.

The media and every newspaper won't report the truth, they are frightened of causing offence towards the families of the 96.

There's a real fear the trial will go the other way and there will be a cover up of damming police evidence.

There could be another cover up. What a mess.

The government may have already decided they will admit guilt, pay out 300 million compo and try to win positive feeling in order to win future votes.

Yes, it's weird, aright.

This "pen picture" stuff at the new inquests is suspicious in itself. As Owl-zat says, it hasn't got much to do with the circumstances of the deaths. I can only think there are just three possible reasons for it happening

1. A chance to let the berieved relatives and friends rid themselves of, or express their emotions (OK - I hope it helps but it has no place at an inquest)

2. Because the life histories are, in some way, pertinent evidence (can't see it - that this is not so is very much the reason they don't belong at the inquests)

3. Some divergence from the actual course that I understand legal proceedings should take, in an effort to sway public opinion so that if there are any court cases afterwards then they will be unfair and have a one sided presumption of guilt pervading them. ( This is probably the work of politicians hoping to win votes).

I think alternative 3 is the most likely. The principle of an independent judicial system has rarely been more under threat than in our time. However, if some person or people were accused of a criminal offence because of the ongoing enquiries, then they aren't going to fail to defend themselves just because the media are afraid to. If the politicians and TV, radio and press really are so keen to see court cases (and that's the impression I get - they do keep on using the word "justice", after all) they might get an unwelcome surprise, so long as the legal profession is not yet the completely sycophantic institution that I suspect it is - as well as being just the teeny, weeniest bit as bent as a f^cking hairgrip.

Liverpool fans make me puke - there's only one team on Merseyside, the mighty TRANMERE ROVERS FC

Errr, what about Southport?

Just because we like to pretend we're in Lancashire really doesn't mean you can just overlook us.

Pride/Slight Embarrassment of Merseyside

Guest Big Guns

The original enquiry was heavily biased in favour of the police and the new enquiry will be heavily biased in favour of the Liverpool fans I fear.

I've heard reports on the radio since the enquiry began that they are being told the life stories of the people who died in the disaster but I have to ask what has that got to do with what happened on the day?

Many people involved that day who were threatened, witnessed drunkeness e.t.c. e.t.c do not want to be interviewed again for fear of reprisals.

I know someone who at the original enquiry spoke of being threatened with a broken beer bottle to his face by Liverpool fans whilst working as a steward on the away end.

A lynch mob were waiting for him outside the Town Hall and he had to be whisked out of a back door to escape them.

I know other stewards on the Leppings Lane end that day who are being bullied and threatened to attend the new enquiry but have said they don't want to appear for fear of reprisal.

Another who was a turnstile operator on the day and had lots of offers of payment to gain entry to the ground again doesn't want to be involved and had told them he will seek legal advice if they keep bothering him.

I myself have been contacted by investigators this week and they want to interview me again.

R.I.P The innocent 96

Cracking post that