F.A. Cup Semi-Final, will history repeat itself?

Guest Winston ChurchOwl

Guest Winston ChurchOwl

Good Morning,

As the more observant of you will notice this is my first post, I have read this forum for a while now and feel it is time I chucked my opinions into the pot.

Following last night’s display of footballing brilliance in a game that will forever soil the history books of the FA Cup competition our porcine neighbours have somehow managed to get through another round and increased the chances of a repeat of the 93 semi-final (Assuming we negotiate our way past Charlton, which isn't a given).

This possibility has triggered memories of the moment I realised I was truly a Wednesdayite. Being only 7 years old at the time of this my first trip down to Wembley I was full of apprehension and fear of the unknown. My Dad isn't a MASSIVE football fan but after being pestered by myself and my older brother he agreed to take us down (My brothers birthday being 2nd April it was his birthday present while I got a freebie!).

Arriving at Wembley we got our flags from outside and upon entering the stadium went into the world’s busiest smelliest toilets I had experienced in my meagre seven years on the planet. Then upon arriving at or terrible little wooden seats my excitement was starting to falter.

Then pretty much as soon as the game had started Waddle smashed in "that" goal. I fell from my wooden seat in the excitement and felt like I would be crushed by the crazy fans leaping all around me until my dad scooped me up and waved me round in the air. Lifted above the melee I felt like a king.

Then before half time I was left wondering why someone’s granddad had run on the pitch and scored for united, how dare he!

At half time I dare not enter the horrifying toilets again and decided to hold in anything until I got back to Sheffield.

The second half came and went, extra time ticked down and penalties loomed until Bright got the winner and again it was being waved around in the air by my Dad.

The game finished with victory over our rivals and I proudly and majestically waved my flag high in the air. On the way out filled with the joy and confidence of such a momentous win I strode into the toilets and had a victory wee wee. Wednesday had made me feel like a man and my childlike fears of the toilet had been dispelled.

Proudly taking the flag into school I was treated like a hero, as if it had been me who had been personally responsible for the win over united.

I dearly hope we can do this again! Cardiff was great and we have had other MASSIVE games but nothing has touched the feeling of that day. Even if it isn't the same for me then the next generation of Wednesdayites can get that same buzz from our club and forever have one of their fondest memories linked to Wednesday.

Apologies for the length of the post, I appear to have got carried away reminiscing!

Good Morning,

As the more observant of you will notice this is my first post, I have read this forum for a while now and feel it is time I chucked my opinions into the pot.

Following last night’s display of footballing brilliance in a game that will forever soil the history books of the FA Cup competition our porcine neighbours have somehow managed to get through another round and increased the chances of a repeat of the 93 semi-final (Assuming we negotiate our way past Charlton, which isn't a given).

This possibility has triggered memories of the moment I realised I was truly a Wednesdayite. Being only 7 years old at the time of this my first trip down to Wembley I was full of apprehension and fear of the unknown. My Dad isn't a MASSIVE football fan but after being pestered by myself and my older brother he agreed to take us down (My brothers birthday being 2nd April it was his birthday present while I got a freebie!).

Arriving at Wembley we got our flags from outside and upon entering the stadium went into the world’s busiest smelliest toilets I had experienced in my meagre seven years on the planet. Then upon arriving at or terrible little wooden seats my excitement was starting to falter.

Then pretty much as soon as the game had started Waddle smashed in "that" goal. I fell from my wooden seat in the excitement and felt like I would be crushed by the crazy fans leaping all around me until my dad scooped me up and waved me round in the air. Lifted above the melee I felt like a king.

Then before half time I was left wondering why someone’s granddad had run on the pitch and scored for united, how dare he!

At half time I dare not enter the horrifying toilets again and decided to hold in anything until I got back to Sheffield.

The second half came and went, extra time ticked down and penalties loomed until Bright got the winner and again it was being waved around in the air by my Dad.

The game finished with victory over our rivals and I proudly and majestically waved my flag high in the air. On the way out filled with the joy and confidence of such a momentous win I strode into the toilets and had a victory wee wee. Wednesday had made me feel like a man and my childlike fears of the toilet had been dispelled.

Proudly taking the flag into school I was treated like a hero, as if it had been me who had been personally responsible for the win over united.

I dearly hope we can do this again! Cardiff was great and we have had other MASSIVE games but nothing has touched the feeling of that day. Even if it isn't the same for me then the next generation of Wednesdayites can get that same buzz from our club and forever have one of their fondest memories linked to Wednesday.

Apologies for the length of the post, I appear to have got carried away reminiscing!

Welcome to the site mate, great first post!

I was 24 and woke up with the worst man flu in the world. Jus about lifted my head of he pillow and made my way to get the coach just across the road from where Turnups use to be. All i can say is that win was the best pill i could have taken because on the way home i felt brand new.

Guest Winston ChurchOwl

Why do people just think we are going to walk over Charlton, you know that's going to come back and bite us in the back side don't you.

Yep.

Some think we're already in Quarters.

I did put (Assuming we negotiate our way past Charlton, which isn't a given). I am unfortunately only too aware how we can't take anything for granted when supporting Wednesday.

Also thanks for the warm welcome to Owlstalk.

Guest Winston ChurchOwl

That last bit looks a bit like I am trying to be a sarcy shaft shaker, that was not my intention. Thank you to those of you that have welcomed me to the forum.

I did put (Assuming we negotiate our way past Charlton, which isn't a given). I am unfortunately only too aware how we can't take anything for granted when supporting Wednesday.

Also thanks for the warm welcome to Owlstalk.

Wasn't aimed at you pal!

Welcome to OT!

Guest charlton85

Great original post.

I can see the fa cup semi final against sheff utd in 1993 is held in the same regard as how Charlton hold the play off final in 1998.

Days like the original post can be up there with the best of your life. Apart births, marriages and deaths only football can really give you the extreme emotional highs and lows without taking banned chemicals.

Great original post.

I can see the fa cup semi final against sheff utd in 1993 is held in the same regard as how Charlton hold the play off final in 1998.

Days like the original post can be up there with the best of your life. Apart births, marriages and deaths only football can really give you the extreme emotional highs and lows without taking banned chemicals.

Have you tried sex?