Narrowing down the odds

Guest Ponty_Owl

Guest Ponty_Owl

Just had a quick look on Skybet for the latest odds on who will be the next manager. I've deleted names of managers who have ruled themselves out or who have been ruled out by their club and here is what is left (according to Skybet, not me):

Ian Holloway 6/4

Stuart Gray 6/4

Stuart Pearce 12/1

Neil Warnock 16/1

Alex McLeish 16/1

Steve Evans 20/1

Paolo Di Canio 20/1

Aidy Boothroyd 20/1

Kevin Keegan 28/1

Paul Ince 33/1

Michael Appleton 33/1

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink 33/1

Avram Grant 33/1

Nigel Worthington 33/1

Mike Phelan 33/1

Roy Keane 33/1

Paul Dickov 33/1

Benito Carbone 33/1

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 33/1

gary megson 33/1

Simon Grayson 33/1

Owen Coyle 33/1

Iain Dowie 33/1

Mark Robins 40/1

Nick Barmby 40/1

Marcelo Bielsa 40/1

Roberto Di Matteo 40/1

David O'Leary 50/1

Danny Wilson 50/1

Alan Curbishley 50/1

Sven Goran Eriksson 50/1

Dennis Wise 50/1

Karl Robinson 50/1

Paul Jewell 50/1

Kenny Daglish 100/1

Peter Shreeves 100/1

We can honestly rule out many of the names on that list just using plain common sense (wages are too high etc). So, putting aside who you WANT to be manager for a thread (we have enough threads on that and all the arguments associated with that question already). Is the name of our next manager on that list from Skybet?

Guest Ponty_Owl

I tell a lie, I forgot to delete Evans, Colin etc who have been ruled out.

I tell a lie, I forgot to delete Evans, Colin etc who have been ruled out.

Because I'm a gimp.

ROFL!

Guest Ponty_Owl

It's a shyte list, but the one I'd take from that would be Curbishley.

It is isn't it?

There must be more candidates on the radar than those being given odds.

Trouble is Gray has a record of W2 L2 ....if that carried on thro the rest of the season we'd be safe which is all that is required again!!...Milan may wait another 4 games and see if it reads W4 L4 and decide to keep him as we are then 'stabilised!!...who knows??...Will be a cheap option whoever comes in or whatever happens im afraid!!

Guest Ponty_Owl

My top two choices are both 40's so no chance for me.

Di Matteo and Bielsa?

It would be nice but I can't see it either. RDM is still getting paid quadruple what our wages would be for sitting on his arse being non Chelsea manager.

Guest Ponty_Owl

As always the odds mean nowt.

But. Get Ollie in, and his first home game would be Blackpool. Double incentive.

Yep. Pretty much that's my point.

I wouldn't be at all shocked if the eventual manager isn't even being offered odds.

Edited by Ponty_Owl

Di Matteo and Bielsa?

It would be nice but I can't see it either. RDM is still getting paid quadruple what our wages would be for sitting on his arse being non Chelsea manager.

Half there.

Biesla and Robins.

First one is the day dream candidate.

Second one , young, has done a great job at relegation threatened clubs and saved em wi only ten bob to spend.(barring Hudds obviously.)

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Trouble is Gray has a record of W2 L2 ....if that carried on thro the rest of the season we'd be safe which is all that is required again!!...Milan may wait another 4 games and see if it reads W4 L4 and decide to keep him as we are then 'stabilised!!...who knows??...Will be a cheap option whoever comes in or whatever happens im afraid!!

Really should have been W2 L3 though with the Wigan game. In that run has also been 4 home games out of 5!

Guest Ponty_Owl

Half there.

Biesla and Robins.

First one is the day dream candidate.

Second one , young, has done a great job at relegation threatened clubs and saved em wi only ten bob to spend.(barring Hudds obviously.)

Now then! You've surprised me there.

Robins has shown flashes of being a good manager at times, but I'm still not convinced. That's probably because in my head we are massive and we should have a top drawer manager to match our status. It's almost like I've blanked out anything late 90s onwards haha. I think a fair few others have that problem too haha.

Now then! You've surprised me there.

Robins has shown flashes of being a good manager at times, but I'm still not convinced. That's probably because in my head we are MASSIVE and we should have a top drawer manager to match our status. It's almost like I've blanked out anything late 90s onwards haha. I think a fair few others have that problem too haha.

It's true though.

Wigan last weds. It's weeing it down with rain. A horrible night and a horrible performance. We play sh!te and yet there's load of fans there in good voice and humour. You look around that Stadium and down at the Dug out and can't help that you should be seeing someone like Bielsa , Martinez, Rodgers, Moyes stood there.

Think it's a problem we all suffer from. We turn up to that magical place with so many great memories and really believe that we are deserving of more.

Even though I know Wigan are a really good side, with players that have just come from the Prem, Wages we can't dream of , in my head it's still little WIgan from the 4th division.

Sadly it's all about what's on the pitch... :sad:

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Guest Ponty_Owl

Danny Wilson still on the list????

:danny-wilson:

Aye. I forgot to delete the ones I said I would.

Kids are going mental at home cause they are giddy for Christmas and they distracted me.

And I'm a gimp.

Funnily enough Skybet really are still offering those odds on him hahaha!

There is no way Holloway will come here.  His stock is high enough to get a job with a top 10 Championship club with a realistic shout of being promoted.  More likely to end up somewhere like Bolton or Forest, not us.  Add in the Mandaric history and he wouldnt come.

I think we might gamble on Di Canio if he is not tied into a big pay day gardening leave deal from his Sunderland sacking.