Rank Our Loanees This Season

Guest ChadOwl

I'm surprised Barkley is getting such poor rating off some people, you have to bare in mind when he came we were on one of our bad runs. he scored 4 goals in 12 games I think it was, which isn't bad for a lad playing in a pretty negative 4 5 1. Would like to see how he would have done in our team now. I agree with everyone on Jay Bothroyd! Was dreadful! I also haven't been impressed with Holden so far, he was excellent in the prem, and shows nice touches, but doesn't get involved enough and is also very nesh..hope its just a fitness thing and gets better in the last 5 games.

Overall I think Jones has done pretty well out of the loan market.

I am surprised some people have rated Lita so highly.

To me if he has not scored he has contributed very little to a game. (Although whacking long balls to him has not helped)

He has been the difference in games though and won us points- look at his 4 goals:

1) Charlton. We win it by the odd goal 2-1.

2) Brighton. We win it by 2 goals 3-1.

3) Palace. We win it by the odd goal 1-0.

4) Blackburn. We win it by the odd goal 3-2.

Crucial goals in tight games.

Guest Foxhill Owl

Helan 7

Lita 7

Barkley 7

Wickham 7

Sidibe 7

Holden

Oli

Howard's not been here long enough all seem steady players mind

Rodri 7

Bothroyd 7

Guest Foxhill Owl

He has been the difference in games though and won us points- look at his 4 goals:

1) Charlton. We win it by the odd goal 2-1.

2) Brighton. We win it by 2 goals 3-1.

3) Palace. We win it by the odd goal 1-0.

4) Blackburn. We win it by the odd goal 3-2.

Crucial goals in tight games.

What I have noticed with Lita is he can't score one on ones !

Guest BoneyOwl

So true

Lita 8/10

Helan 8/10

Barkley 7/10

Wickham 6/10

Olofinjana 6/10

Holden 5/10

Rodri 4.5/10

Sidibe 3.5/10

Pugh 3.5/10

Howard 3.5/10

Bothroyd 0/10

Guest BoneyOwl

Bothroyd should not be 7!!!

Helan 7
Lita 7
Barkley 7
Wickham 7
Sidibe 7

Holden
Oli
Howard's not been here long enough all seem steady players mind

Rodri 7
Bothroyd 7

I'm surprised Barkley is getting such poor rating off some people, you have to bare in mind when he came we were on one of our bad runs. he scored 4 goals in 12 games I think it was, which isn't bad for a lad playing in a pretty negative 4 5 1. Would like to see how he would have done in our team now. I agree with everyone on Jay Bothroyd! Was dreadful! I also haven't been impressed with Holden so far, he was excellent in the prem, and shows nice touches, but doesn't get involved enough and is also very nesh..hope its just a fitness thing and gets better in the last 5 games.

Barkley came on at the start of our first bad run coming on at half time against Brighton. A game which I think if we had won would have seen us go second. Not exactly poor form at the time was it? 

Guest ChadOwl

Barkley came on at the start of our first bad run coming on at half time against Brighton. A game which I think if we had won would have seen us go second. Not exactly poor form at the time was it?

We had conceded 10 goals in the first 6 games, and were losing when he came on against Brighton...still the best team we've played away from home this season. So not his fault we were shipping goals, and certainly not his fault that continued. He won us the games against Ipswich and Peterborough, which at the time was vital. Then went back after that, at which point our second bad run started. Barkley was a good player, he made the mistakes you would expect from an 18 year old..who had been out for a year prior to joining us, but I bet given the chance Jones would have him back next year.

Edited by ChadOwl

Barkley wasn't 'all that'. He had a couple of good games and a few bright spells every other match but, generally, he was ineffective. I know a number of OwlsTalkers revere his 'talent' but I am of the opinion that his inclusion in the team contributed greatly towards our inability to win during that winless streak.

We had conceded 10 goals in the first 6 games, and were losing when he came on against Brighton...still the best team we've played away from home this season. So not his fault we were shipping goals, and certainly not his fault that continued. He won us the games against Ipswich and Peterborough, which at the time was vital. Then went back after that, at which point our second bad run started. Barkley was a good player, he made the mistakes you would expect from an 18 year old..who had been out for a year prior to joining us, but I bet given the chance Jones would have him back next year.

But we were not doing badly when he came in.  I do though recollect that our league position nosedived during the period he was in the team not entirely his fault but a contributing factor to it. We hear that the kid has a talent maybe so but I have seen many players with talent come and go. Talent alone is not enough to succeed. There is nothing as common as unsuccessful people with talent.

Lita    6................Good start, a few goals, but not so good last few games.

Pugh 6................Versatile, steady, good (usually) set pieces.

Helan 6...............Crap start (at LB) much better further forward. Not so good since Jan, provides good defensive cover for Reda. 

Barkley 5.5..........Obvious talent. Seemed to try too hard.

Wickham 5............As Barkley.

Olifinjana 4..........Good first game. Doesn't look fully fit.

Howard 4............Wins a few headers, not much else. Didn't expect much more.

Sidibe 4..............Not fit, but tried, and scored the winner at Bolton.

Holden 3.............Another with lots of talent. Reads game well but way off the pace fitnesswise. Needs a good pre-season.

Rodri 2...............Over-hyped. Debut goal did him no favours. Not on same wavelength as rest of team.

Bothroyd 1..........Scored v Leeds.