Added Time

Guest Sheff Owl

More importantly in the last 3 matches we have had 5 or 6 minutes injury time - yet where the heck is the ref getting it from?

Guest Foxhill Owl

On a different note , anyone see Dave Jones dive in front of the kop were he just played the ref ? That made me chuckle

Guest TonyOwl88

He had to give plenty of added time yesterday.... he stopped the game and gave out yellow cards every 2 minutes. How nobody got sent off is beyond me. 

Ref was poo , same story as every week cause again we had a ref that didn't know what flippingday of week it was. And then he announces 6 minutes if stoppage time and turns it into about 20!

I know people get annoyed with DJ blaming losses or points dropped on referees, but the fact is that I haven't actually seen a decent ref all season.

Guest Foxhill Owl

He had to give plenty of added time yesterday.... he stopped the game and gave out yellow cards every 2 minutes. How nobody got sent off is beyond me.

Sure he has given the most booking in the football league

The board did go up, but something had happened, but I can't for the life of me remember what...

As for the stoppage time (I've also put this is the "Credit to the Ref" thread):

6 x substitutions = 6 x 30 seconds = 3 minutes

2 x goals = 2 x 30 seconds = 1 minute

Other miscellaneous stoppages (6 yellows, injured players, any possible timewasting) = >2 minutes

It sounds a lot in one block, but it soon adds up when you look at what happens in a game 

The board did go up, but something had happened, but I can't for the life of me remember what...

As for the stoppage time (I've also put this is the "Credit to the Ref" thread):

Other miscellaneous stoppages (6 yellows, injured players, any possible timewasting) = >2 minutes

It sounds a lot in one block, but it soon adds up when you look at what happens in a game

Not really much different to any other match in the football league. But they only usually have 2/3 minutes added time

Guest Sheff Owl

We conceded against Barnsley and Bristol in injury time and yesterday it was like the ref was just waiting for them to score then he will blow..ie DEADMAN last season vs HUddersfield at home.

Our bench was going crazy, nobody knew where the hell he got it from.

IMO injury time should be for just that and maybe time wasting if it becomes apparent that a teams is deliberately trying to waste time. Goals and substitutes are part of the game so why are we adding time on for these???

If it carries on we will be doing it for throws, corners, free kicks etc. it's getting silly.

I remember a few seasons back we were away at Leicester in the cup and there were 7 minutes of injury time, which back then was a really extreme amount (naturally they equalised right at the end of it too). Most of the time you only saw 2 minutes, maybe 3 at a push.

But now we've had 6 minutes minimum added on in the last two games for virtually nothing, it's starting to get a bit silly.

Can't complain too much though, taking Carlisle into account last season.

Other miscellaneous stoppages (6 yellows, injured players, any possible timewasting) = >2 minutes

Substitutions aren't supposed to count.. unless the rules have changed.

Yesterday was pathetic. The trainer never came on once yet he finds at least 6 minutes?