What is it with stewards the other side of the Pennines

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

Was this the lad in the green coat? on the bottom tier?

Ws on Bottom Tier, but no green top, youngish looking kid with Black Hair.

Edited by intercity0wl

I was told this morning by someone within BWFC that basically the people in the cctv room were sending out the orders basically because they were losing.

5 were chucked out because one person was smoking and they didn't know who, so they just chucked a whole load out. One person, maybe Tango was thrown out just because he wouldn't put his shirt back on. basically they just wanted to go on a power trip.

Typical childish reaction from the great people in this town.

Wan't Tango mate. I was stood behind Wolverhampton's finest and tbh he was as good as gold all day. Winding their wannabees up yes, but all good natured and seemed to be on decent terms with the coppers, at one point having a "quiet word" to point out that one of their main stewards was going out of his way to create problems. First time I've stood close to Tango and was surprised how much he was in to the game if I'm honest. Brilliant with young un's as well.

Unfortunately it needs reactions like stewards used to get in the 80's to stop them acting billy big time, Seeing 3000 Wednesday fans kick poo poo out of 200 stewards/coppers that was in our end would make em think twice next time we came.

Personally if you have done something you shouldnt do and get caught then fare enough but if you havent done anything i'd rather take a 3year ban for chinning 1 of them than just get thrown out and accept it.

In fairness though bottom left corner where i stood 1st half they were fine.

Unfortunately it needs reactions like stewards used to get in the 80's to stop them acting billy big time, Seeing 3000 Wednesday fans kick poo poo out of 200 stewards/coppers that was in our end would make em think twice next time we came.

Personally if you have done something you shouldnt do and get caught then fare enough but if you havent done anything i'd rather take a 3year ban for chinning 1 of them than just get thrown out and accept it.

In fairness though bottom left corner where i stood 1st half they were fine.

Although it sounds tw@ttish, I kind of agree with you. It makes me really angry when bullies get authority and abuse it.

I would be enraged if a steward was to attempt to eject me for no reason. I would find it incredibly hard not to throw my weight about.

Guest intercity0wl

Although it sounds tw@ttish, I kind of agree with you. It makes me really angry when bullies get authority and abuse it.

I would be enraged if a steward was to attempt to eject me for no reason. I would find it incredibly hard not to throw my weight about.

To be honest they were not sure who to throw out for the alleged phantom smoking, and at first i thought they were coming for me as the steward starred at and walked straight towards me, but then just grabbed this lad, who ironically was about the smallest person around us, what makes my blood boil, is that for me, and im sure many others that could have been my LAST Wednesday game before being banned for doing nothing, as i would not have just allowed the steward to just eject me without reason, and certainly not without some resistance.

Just like Blackpool i thought they were just looking for it, they rightly threw a lad out for standing there with a pint pot in his hand, but round us they spent the rest of the game (at least near us) sending in little ****** squads, with police back up to eject people for supposed breaches of Ground regulations picked up on CCTV, even tried throwing a kid out at side of me, for allegedly smoking (which he wasn't) and that sittuation was only one punch of frustration away from becoming a totally avoidable disturbance.

as coppers used to at footy matches...

if a bit of bovver breaks out, then it's plenty of overtime next home game...

in this example, it's a case of start something, be seen to get it under control, and be sure of being retained next home game...simples...

To be honest they were not sure who to throw out for the alleged phantom smoking, and at first i thought they were coming for me as the steward starred at and walked straight towards me, but then just grabbed this lad, who ironically was about the smallest person around us, what makes my blood boil, is that for me, and im sure many others that could have been my LAST Wednesday game before being banned for doing nothing, as i would not have just allowed the steward to just eject me without reason, and certainly not without some resistance.

This is exactly why I'd attempt to pull my punches. It makes me so angry. They can start trouble, but you'd get ban and fine/jail sentence if you retailate.

Guest Nilsson_is_God

Having just started taking my 6yr old to home games and a few away games this would be very worrying to all of a sudden be turfed out for doing nothing... would they honestly stop for one minute to listen to someone claiming they had their 6yr old with them......

Having just started taking my 6yr old to home games and a few away games this would be very worrying to all of a sudden be turfed out for doing nothing... would they honestly stop for one minute to listen to someone claiming they had their 6yr old with them......

went with the old man seen as it was christmas, I got chucked out for standing infront of my dad when they targeted him, he didnt do anything wrong honest truth, then one grabbed me and as i jumped back to get him off i ended up having 4 stewards drag me out both arms locked up behind my back, arse literally friction burnt of floor.

Utter useless power tripping stewards ruin football, worst bit about it is if one steward says your out then "the club" have evicted you and even police wont let you back in even if they know the stewards are in the wrong.

Guest Nilsson_is_God

went with the old man seen as it was christmas, I got chucked out for standing infront of my dad when they targeted him, he didnt do anything wrong honest truth, then one grabbed me and as i jumped back to get him off i ended up having 4 stewards drag me out both arms locked up behind my back, arse literally friction burnt of floor.

Utter useless power tripping stewards ruin football, worst bit about it is if one steward says your out then "the club" have evicted you and even police wont let you back in even if they know the stewards are in the wrong.

My point exactly, why if they'd evicted someone that was with a child and refused to believe them, leaving them in the ground alone.... absolute disgrace...

Guest intercity0wl

That point was proved at Blackpool last year, when a video clearly showing a minor being thrown out (which has since been taken off YT at the request of the steward) was doing the rounds, He would have been left to his own devices outside the ground if another adult who he knew had not been thrown out at the same time for protesting I remember a female supporter taking a bit of a slap from a steward near a food kiosk at half time which although not seen in this vid, does show fellow insensed owls complaining and gathering round the steward involved, and one again a totally avoidable incident was nearly caused by the action of a thug of a steward from other side of the Pennines, who more than likely work for the same security firm as Boltons.

The police response to both these incidents and there were many more was literaly, the stewards do what the Stewards want inside the stadium.

Guest Go For It Owl

That point was proved at Blackpool last year, when a video clearly showing a minor being thrown out (which has since been taken off YT at the request of the steward) was doing the rounds, He would have been left to his own devices outside the ground if another adult who he knew had not been thrown out at the same time for protesting I remember a female supporter taking a bit of a slap from a steward near a food kiosk at half time which although not seen in this vid, does show fellow insensed owls complaining and gathering round the steward involved, and one again a totally avoidable incident was nearly caused by the action of a thug of a steward from other side of the Pennines, who more than likely work for the same security firm as Boltons.

The police response to both these incidents and there were many more was literaly, the stewards do what the Stewards want inside the stadium.

Guest BigDave

Their actions caused a bit of fisticuffs that day when the steward got a smack, to be fair it was an utter disgrace from trying to get through the 2 open turnstiles right through the game until leaving, some of their actions were despicable

Edited by BigDave

Guest Go For It Owl

Yep even with the video evidence and the backing of the FSF, BFC wouldnt admit to any wrong doing on that day !

As the dad of the lad that was thrown out I wrote a letter of complaint ! Its got us no where! All it led to is me being banned fron BFC for life !!!!! JUST FOR COMPLAINING

So a short answer to some of the posters on here is - YES THE STEWARDS AND CLUBS CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT WHEN THEY WANT !

AND WHAT EVER YOU DO !

DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT IT