What is it with stewards the other side of the Pennines

Guest intercity0wl

flip me they're just stewards not the SAS just give em some back

problem is they rely on the fact that you won't on the grounds that you will instantly be in the wrong get yourself arrested and banned from watching your team play . These people know this which is why they get way with acting like total w*****s because they wouldn't say anything outside in the street .

I have always found that the best thing to do is stick together in large numbers - but DO NOT - try and argue back or antagonise them. Group together and stand your ground but do not use offensive language or argue the point. Stand still and firm and the so called ****** squad will clear off. They simply do not have the numbers, willpower (on little it no wages) or strength to break a group down. Imagine a steward going nowhere and call for police assistance saying its I e of that group - no chance. Also be aware that stewards are taking the jobs of police so they are hardly going to pull up any trees for them.

the whole emphasis of doormen has changed since the inclusion of the licences and securety firms got the jobs ,Now it consists of a pack animal mentality ,i was a doorman for 20 years and allways used courtecy before violence, A word in the ear was more than enough on many occasions, but you did get some numpties who would persist ,and they would be ejected accordingly ,putting it bluntly ,the big i am is'nt needed in supervising supporters ,far from it ,

Just to add some balance and contrast. My lad was arrested at blackpool. I made a formal complaint and it was investigated in a very professional manner by a senior officer, who accepted the arresting officer had not acted he correctly. Lads charge was torn up, we had an apology and the arresting disciplined.

Shame the same system isn't in place for stewards or football clubs as this thread clearly shows. I wrote to BFC and submitted evidence through wednesdayite. Didn't get a reply from BFC but guess I'm lucky I haven't been banned!!!!