What is it with stewards the other side of the Pennines

Guest intercity0wl

Guest intercity0wl

Just like Blackpool i thought they were just looking for it, they rightly threw a lad out for standing there with a pint pot in his hand, but round us they spent the rest of the game (at least near us) sending in little ****** squads, with police back up to eject people for supposed breaches of Ground regulations picked up on CCTV, even tried throwing a kid out at side of me, for allegedly smoking (which he wasn't) and that sittuation was only one punch of frustration away from becoming a totally avoidable disturbance.

Just like Blackpool i thought they were just looking for it, they rightly threw a lad out for standing there with a pint pot in his hand, but round us they spent the rest of the game (at least near us) sending in little ****** squads, with police back up to eject people for supposed breaches of Ground regulations picked up on CCTV, even tried throwing a kid out at side of me, for allegedly smoking (which he wasn't) and that sittuation was only one punch of frustration away from becoming a totally avoidable disturbance.

What was tge crack with that fat bishop basher with the earing?!

When the plod came up I thought it was going to go off. They just seemed intent on making trouble for themselves.

Guest BigDave

You must have been at the side of me, even though the lad hasn't been smoking surely common sense says to let little misdemeanours like that go because as you say it was a nat's knacker from turning into something a lot more serious

The fact they sent 50 stone of gorilla over backed up by 3 coppers to eject the wrong person who weighed about 10 stone is ridiculous

Guest cypress hill

cardiff fans had some bother there and got stuck into em after been bullied for most of the match

just another day being treat like the animals we are ( the football fan :wacko: )

at half time under the stand they dragged someone out of the firedoors backed up by coppers. We were watching results on tele yet they only moved a little old bloke who was doing the same.They did appear to pick on the feeble.

at half time under the stand they dragged someone out of the firedoors backed up by coppers. We were watching results on tele yet they only moved a little old bloke who was doing the same.They did appear to pick on the feeble.

Exactly what it seemed to me. Picked on the young lads close to me constantly. That fat cod canyon was forever trying to eject the youngsters. Never spoke to anyone over 8 stone and 18 years old.

Problem is there's pretty much nothing you can do to these people and they know it . If anything's said they'll just lie and say they were being racist/homophobic/abusive/inciting obviously picking one or more from the list and not having to back it up with one iotre of fact .

Problem is there's pretty much nothing you can do to these people and they know it . If anything's said they'll just lie and say they were being racist/homophobic/abusive/inciting obviously picking one or more from the list and not having to back it up with one iotre of fact .

But what if you were to make an official complaint or get a story in the paper saying they were abusing you for being gay/black/fat? Get a video of yourself being ejected, fiddle around with the video "evidence" and post it online.

I was told this morning by someone within BWFC that basically the people in the cctv room were sending out the orders basically because they were losing.

5 were chucked out because one person was smoking and they didn't know who, so they just chucked a whole load out. One person, maybe Tango was thrown out just because he wouldn't put his shirt back on. basically they just wanted to go on a power trip.

Typical childish reaction from the great people in this town.

Looks like we are going back to the days of , 'if you treat people like animals they'll behave like animals.' (IIRC Big Jack coined that term).

Still, can't as relaxed as our stewards when we played Leeds.

BTW, it's shame we don't have a fan strike at clubs that treat fans with disdain, especially after taking £20+ off them.. 3,500 Wednesday fans not going to the Rebok would hurt Gartside and co and reinforce that you can't abuse the fan (customer) and get away with it.

Edited by M Royds

I was told this morning by someone within BWFC that basically the people in the cctv room were sending out the orders basically because they were losing.

5 were chucked out because one person was smoking and they didn't know who, so they just chucked a whole load out. One person, maybe Tango was thrown out just because he wouldn't put his shirt back on. basically they just wanted to go on a power trip.

Typical childish reaction from the great people in this town.

They werent even losing when they started. First lad was kicked out on about 2 minutes!

Seriously surprised it didn't kick off with the authorities yesterday.

Thing is is the racism accusation trumps all and doesn't need to be proven to be true to be a reason to get chucked out . A few seasons ago a couple of blokes sat near me were swearing . A steward came up and said that they'd had report that they were being racist . Everyone around them said that they weren't but they still got ejected with the words " we take accusations of racism seriously " so if you accuse someone of one of the buzz word insults then it is instantly true and needs no verification . So this gives rise to the fact that if you are a steward if you wish you have cart Blanche to do whatever you please as long as your accusation is enough to make hand wringing left wingers go purple .

Thing is is the racism accusation trumps all and doesn't need to be proven to be true to be a reason to get chucked out . A few seasons ago a couple of blokes sat near me were swearing . A steward came up and said that they'd had report that they were being racist . Everyone around them said that they weren't but they still got ejected with the words " we take accusations of racism seriously " so if you accuse someone of one of the buzz word insults then it is instantly true and needs no verification . So this gives rise to the fact that if you are a steward if you wish you have cart Blanche to do whatever you please as long as your accusation is enough to make hand wringing left wingers go purple .

The fat cod canyon with the queer ring was being racist. Get him out!

Was this the lad in the green coat? on the bottom tier?