What is it with stewards the other side of the Pennines

Guest intercity0wl

Guest BigDave

Yep even with the video evidence and the backing of the FSF, BFC wouldnt admit to any wrong doing on that day !

As the dad of the lad that was thrown out I wrote a letter of complaint ! Its got us no where! All it led to is me being banned fron BFC for life !!!!! JUST FOR COMPLAINING

So a short answer to some of the posters on here is - YES THE STEWARDS AND CLUBS CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT WHEN THEY WANT !

AND WHAT EVER YOU DO !

DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT IT

That's unbelievable, surely there's some other path you can go down?

Edited by BigDave

stewards are on a no lose gamble . Nothing goes wrong = they are brilliant at their job . Something goes wrong = all fans fault because they are scum so more strict stewarding is needed . If they let people get on with it the clubs would trim the amount if stewards so they make problems safe in the knowledge that if it all kicks off its not their fault as they were just doing their job .

The only way to change it is to protest . The clubs once you have bought a ticket couldn't care less as they have your money . The only thing to do ( that's if most fans going to most clubs have the same experience ) is for every away fan ti not buy a ticket but go to the match anyway and peacefully protest about the overzealous stewarding . Clubs don't care especially about away fans so the only way to change their minds is to hit them in the pocket .

Edited by cross owl

Guest intercity0wl

As somebody who was there, i ask anybody who regulary travels to away games, and see's the stewards in action, who's version do you beleive. sorry it is a bit long winded, but illustrates perfectly that clubs and stewards can quite easily say and do as they please, and use many different reason to justify their actions, and dont forget Blackpool have issued lifetime bans to Owls fans for having the nerve to stick to their principles ans complain.

Some of the other cases they have looked at on the football ombudsman site are worth a read as well.

http://www.theifo.co...lShwedfinal.pdf

Edited by intercity0wl

As somebody who was there, i ask anybody who regulary travels to away games, and see's the stewards in action, who's version do you beleive. sorry it is a bit long winded, but illustrates perfectly that clubs and stewards can quite easily say and do as they please, and use many different reason to justify their actions.

Some of the other cases they have looked at on the football ombudsman site are worth a read as well.

It's absolutely staggering that no further action was taken against BFC and their stewards that day, this despite video evidence that captured the full incident.

The video was removed from youtube at the request of the steward and the 2 adults involved have now been banned from Blackpool FC for life (not the worst thing tbh) by their chairman Karl Oyston simply for complaining.

I will repost the video on youtube shortly - have a quick look and decide for yourselves.

It will be removed again in a few days though.

(Video link to follow.)

It's absolutely staggering that no further action was taken against BFC and their stewards that day, this despite video evidence that captured the full incident.

The video was removed from youtube at the request of the steward and the 2 adults involved have now been banned from Blackpool FC for life (not the worst thing tbh) by their chairman Karl Oyston simply for complaining.

I will repost the video on youtube shortly - have a quick look and decide for yourselves.

It will be removed again in a few days though.

(Video link to follow.)

Share as much as possible please - Karl Oyston will have this removed from youtube very soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EivZfnDeNg

Guest Go For It Owl

The FSF are still looking into it but they dont hold out much hope. The next step would be the press !

I'm sure they will be interested to here how seriously complaints from supporters are taken by BFC !

Especially in the light of recent findings of the handling of other more serious crowd control issues!

Guest BigDave

As somebody who was there, i ask anybody who regulary travels to away games, and see's the stewards in action, who's version do you beleive. sorry it is a bit long winded, but illustrates perfectly that clubs and stewards can quite easily say and do as they please, and use many different reason to justify their actions, and dont forget Blackpool have issued lifetime bans to Owls fans for having the nerve to stick to their principles ans complain.

The report doesn't focus on the causes properly, I'm sure there were only 2 turnstiles operating unless that was 2 entrances per turnstiles, the aggressive attitudes outside the ground towards fan's talking to them like idiots how to queue up which sets peoples mindset for the rest of the game

I witnessed the stewards just telling fans to find any seat when asked by fans where their ticket actually was which contributes to the problems in the gangways

When the stewards were trying to clear the gangways they were just expecting fans to move into the nearest row of seats which were full and if they couldn't fit in thats when the agressiveness starts

The report certainly doesn't pay enough attention to the stewards attitudes, there should be a nationally recognised scheme for football stewards just like doormen instead of the braindead monkeys that pass off as stewards

Funnily enough being 6' and 18 stone I don't seem to get much hassle off of the bullies

Guest Go For It Owl

The report doesn't focus on the causes properly, I'm sure there were only 2 turnstiles operating unless that was 2 entrances per turnstiles, the aggressive attitudes outside the ground towards fan's talking to them like idiots how to queue up which sets peoples mindset for the rest of the game

I witnessed the stewards just telling fans to find any seat when asked by fans where their ticket actually was which contributes to the problems in the gangways

When the stewards were trying to clear the gangways they were just expecting fans to move into the nearest row of seats which were full and if they couldn't fit in thats when the agressiveness starts

The report certainly doesn't pay enough attention to the stewards attitudes, there should be a nationally recognised scheme for football stewards just like doormen instead of the braindead monkeys that pass off as stewards

Funnily enough being 6' and 18 stone I don't seem to get much hassle off of the bullies

Your right BigDave

Everything youve mentioned above I said exactly the same thing to the IFO ! Their reason for not including it in the report is that the stewards claim none of it happened ! So it was our word against theirs ! I pointed them in the direction of the owlstalk thread and the 5 complaints that were sent via wednesdayite and the video evidence but they just ignored that !!!! THEY WOULDNT EVEN CONSIDER IT AS EVIDENCE !

TBH THEY ARE ALL IN IT TOGETHER !

Guest BigDave

Your right BigDave

Everything youve mentioned above I said exactly the same thing to the IFO ! Their reason for not including it in the report is that the stewards claim none of it happened ! So it was our word against theirs ! I pointed them in the direction of the owlstalk thread and the 5 complaints that were sent via wednesdayite and the video evidence but they just ignored that !!!! THEY WOULDNT EVEN CONSIDER IT AS EVIDENCE !

TBH THEY ARE ALL IN IT TOGETHER !

That's what happens when people have power, a whitewash, it's not in there finacial interests to have to implement changes that cost money like the awful entry system, the rotten access to the stand etc

Guest moonraker

Sadly this is a fairly regular happening.

I have seen it many times.....stewards(not the police) antagonising fans.

Most police just want a quite day at the office....i have travelled the country watching Swindon and have to say Forest stewards are the worse....real nasty thugs just waiting like vultures to vent anger....in my friends case he got a beating in the concourse for sitting in the wrong seat as someone was already in his....our of the CCTV view of course.

Guest Go For It Owl

Sadly this is a fairly regular happening.

I have seen it many times.....stewards(not the police) antagonising fans.

Most police just want a quite day at the office....i have travelled the country watching Swindon and have to say Forest stewards are the worse....real nasty thugs just waiting like vultures to vent anger....in my friends case he got a beating in the concourse for sitting in the wrong seat as someone was already in his....our of the CCTV view of course.

Yep amazingly we had the same problem!

All the cctv just happened not to pick up any of the issues we had on the day !!!

Also told em there were no numbers on alot of the seats but the IFO and the FSF couldnt be bothered to investigate if it was true! Post Hillsborough I find this attitude to fan safety quite unbeliveable !

Guest intercity0wl

Yep amazingly we had the same problem!

All the cctv just happened not to pick up any of the issues we had on the day !!!

Also told em there were no numbers on alot of the seats but the IFO and the FSF couldnt be bothered to investigate if it was true! Post Hillsborough I find this attitude to fan safety quite unbeliveable !

Also quite often stewards have no identifying marks, names/number so actually identifying who it was who did the action (not that you would be believed anway) that caused the problem is near impossible.

The only way to change it is to protest . The clubs once you have bought a ticket couldn't care less as they have your money . The only thing to do ( that's if most fans going to most clubs have the same experience ) is for every away fan ti not buy a ticket but go to the match anyway and peacefully protest about the overzealous stewarding . Clubs don't care especially about away fans so the only way to change their minds is to hit them in the pocket .

That's exactly what should happen. Hit them where it hurts.

It's a shame that there is not any organisations (not just Wednesday but other Clubs) willing to take the lead on this and pressure the FA, Media etc. Just readingt this thread makes me think that there are human rights being breached here.

Guest Go For It Owl

That's exactly what should happen. Hit them where it hurts.

It's a shame that there is not any organisations (not just Wednesday but other Clubs) willing to take the lead on this and pressure the FA, Media etc. Just readingt this thread makes me think that there are human rights being breached here.

We're football fans.

We have no 'Human Rights'

Thought the stewards at Forest were OK. Got to give a bit of praise to the stewards at Oldham too. I lost my season tickets at the match Boxing Day. One of their stewards found them and they have contacted SWFC for my address and posted them back to me.

Guest intercity0wl

flip me they're just stewards not the SAS just give em some back

You may be closer to the truth there than you realise, At many clubs, Blackpool for instance many of the stewards employed by the firm swho do the Matches there, are also pub and club Bouncers, or Doormen as they are called now, and many people who fill these positions are ex forces personel.