Please Bring Di Canio Back!

Guest Blue&WhiteBlood

Guest Blue&WhiteBlood

First post so please be gentle.

I've watched the discussions so far on a new manager and although I'm not usually an advocate of chopping and changing managers every six months I would love to see PDC at the club. I doubt whether Milan would entertain someone of his character and temperament as I think they could very easily clash, however I don't think there is a manager around that could bring what Di Canio offers. Could you honestly see him standing for the lazy antics of Bothroyd, just look at how he handled the situation with Leon Clarke. Just a few months ago he publicy slated his Goalkeeper and asked for an apology before he was to play for the club again.

I know some of you may think it's over the top and I'm the first to admit he is close to crossing the line regulary but surely that's better than putting up with the drivel we've heard over the last few years from the likes of Turner, Irvine and now Jones making excuses for the players who most of the time are passionless and overpaid. Megson put togther a team of players that wanted to win for the club and all I can see is that going backwards with lazy, over-rated players who don't want to put a shift in.

In my mind someone like Di Canio would bring some passion and unpredicability in for the players as his style of management attracts top quality professionals who give their all. He's a winner who I believe will go along way so for me I'd give Jones the chop now and let Paolo create some waves. The stadium would be full, the post-match analysis would be entertaining and the players wouldn't know what's hit them and in my eyes that's just what we need and something we haven't had at Hillsbororugh for years! He's got an eye for good football but also demands a work ethic and team mentality, which is how it should be in my eyes.

I think he'll become a better manager that he was a player and I'd love to see Wednesday ride the wave of someone up and coming rather than the stale has-beens we normally opt for.

Guest Blue&WhiteBlood

He's a nutter. And he would not want to come back here not after the way he left imho. And he would be lokking to the next job as soon as he was in it here.

I agree with some of your points but I think he's going places and I wouldn't be too disappointed if we got 2/3 seasons out of him if it meant we ended up back in the Prem and he used itas a stepping stone for a bigger job

Agreed, OP. We desperately need some passion instilling in the team and he's got this in spades. Of course it would be a bumpy ride and he would clash with MM and he wouldn't be a yes man like some have been but maybe that would also be a good thing (surely MMs seen where employing yes men gets us?). Seriously, would his press conferences be any more embarrassing than DJs recent offerings? I do think he's going to be a really top manager and yes I'm sure he would be off if one of the huge clubs came calling but why should that put us off? It would mean he'd had success with us.

Edited by Almat

Guest Sweet&TenderOwl

I think you might be the first to suggest Di Canio mate

He's not. There's been a couple of other threads.

I believe Di Canio is what we need and what we've been crying out for, for years.

I'm tired of the usual cardboard cut out passionless dinosaurs. It's time, we brought in a young up and coming, modern passionate manager. PDC is going to the top. Yes he's a risk and a controversial one but we need passion and someone to shake things up. Di Canio is that man and what we need.

Guest Blue&WhiteBlood

Agreed, OP. We desperately need some passion instilling in the team and he's got this in spades. Of course it would be a bumpy ride and he would clash with MM and he wouldn't be a yes man like some have been but maybe that would also be a good thing (surely MMs seen where employing yes men gets us?). Seriously, would his press conferences be any more embarrassing than DJs recent offerings? I do think he's going to be a really top manager and yes I'm sure he would be off if one of the huge clubs came calling but why should that put us off? It would mean he'd had success with us.

Completely agree. His press appearances might not be to the taste of everyone but at least you know what he was thinking and he'd be driven by a burning desire to succeed because his ego wouldn't allow otherwise

Guest Harry the Owl

He's not. There's been a couple of other threads.

I believe Di Canio is what we need and what we've been crying out for, for years.

I'm tired of the usual cardboard cut out passionless dinosaurs. It's time, we brought in a young up and coming, modern passionate manager. PDC is going to the top. Yes he's a risk and a controversial one but we need passion and someone to shake things up. Di Canio is that man and what we need.

I want to 'woosh' you, but im afraid that your trying to woosh me :blink:

First post so please be gentle.

I've watched the discussions so far on a new manager and although I'm not usually an advocate of chopping and changing managers every six months I would love to see PDC at the club. I doubt whether Milan would entertain someone of his character and temperament as I think they could very easily clash, however I don't think there is a manager around that could bring what Di Canio offers. Could you honestly see him standing for the lazy antics of Bothroyd, just look at how he handled the situation with Leon Clarke. Just a few months ago he publicy slated his Goalkeeper and asked for an apology before he was to play for the club again.

I know some of you may think it's over the top and I'm the first to admit he is close to crossing the line regulary but surely that's better than putting up with the drivel we've heard over the last few years from the likes of Turner, Irvine and now Jones making excuses for the players who most of the time are passionless and overpaid. Megson put togther a team of players that wanted to win for the club and all I can see is that going backwards with lazy, over-rated players who don't want to put a shift in.

In my mind someone like Di Canio would bring some passion and unpredicability in for the players as his style of management attracts top quality professionals who give their all. He's a winner who I believe will go along way so for me I'd give Jones the chop now and let Paolo create some waves. The stadium would be full, the post-match analysis would be entertaining and the players wouldn't know what's hit them and in my eyes that's just what we need and something we haven't had at Hillsbororugh for years! He's got an eye for good football but also demands a work ethic and team mentality, which is how it should be in my eyes.

I think he'll become a better manager that he was a player and I'd love to see Wednesday ride the wave of someone up and coming rather than the stale has-beens we normally opt for.

Who are all these top quality professionals he's brought in at.......Swindon.

He attracted Leon Clarke I suppose.

i wouldn't have di canio as our manager for a golden pig.

Di canio would be an awful appointment. He has huge ego and always wants the attention to be on him,he would upset all the players and staff. And if by some miracle he did come and do well for us he would jump ship just like last time and go to west ham or what ever other club would boost his profile. No thanks, wouldn't ever want that Hampton back at our great club.

This is a time for cool heads from all involved, there's going to be huge pressure on the manager and players.

It's difficult to think of someone less suited to manage through a champioship relegation battle

Why does it have to be a relegation battle? I'm not advocating PdC returning, but I do believe someone (and I'd even include Dave Jones) could turn this side, as it stands, into a comfortable mid-table team.

Well said OP. I myself had a sudden awakening on the way back from the Leicester match that PDC is the only man out there to take this club forward, if indeed we do part ways with DJ.

It makes me sick going to Hillsborough and once again having to watch overpaid professionals not give the effort and passion that the fans need and deserve. I thought we'd turned the corner under Megson but the tide has slowly turned and we're back to the same old Wednesday. PDC would not

stand for that sort of attitude and I for one would rather see youth players giving their all than some of the current flock of incumbents prancing around on a Saturday afternoon acting like the world owes them something!

Well said OP. I myself had a sudden awakening on the way back from the Leicester match that PDC is the only man out there to take this club forward, if indeed we do part ways with DJ.

It makes me sick going to Hillsborough and once again having to watch overpaid professionals not give the effort and passion that the fans need and deserve. I thought we'd turned the corner under Megson but the tide has slowly turned and we're back to the same old Wednesday. PDC would not

stand for that sort of attitude and I for one would rather see youth players giving their all than some of the current flock of incumbents prancing around on a Saturday afternoon acting like the world owes them something!

Give us some real reasons as to why he would be good for Wednesday then, and not he wouldn't stand for x and y etc

Ill give you some reasons why not;

He's got no real experience

His supposed great man management has resulted in him fighting his own players and publicly slating his goalkeeper (something DJ was castigated for with llera when djs comments were nothing like the level of pdc's)

He has shown no loyalty at any point in his career particularly to our club

His fantastic management skills currently see his team 8th in the league below us.

He's not a particularly nice character personally without going into too much detail

The idea that he would be some kind of maverick Clough type is just based on the fact that he's a nutcase - and people see this as something that can somehow be harnessed into something good.

He would be an awful appointment.