llera dropped tomo is this true.

Guest waggylad

One of the reasons why I'm opposed to dropping Llera at this moment, is that with our current system and personnel we don't offer much in the way of a goal threat. Set pieces often seem like our best hope of scoring.

Llera is excellent at set pieces, and without him in the team I feel we're missing a much needed goal threat (Reda Johnson is the other one. If he were fit you could probably make a stronger argument for dropping Llera). Without him, I feel less confident about us nicking a goal, and I don't think Gardner and Taylor are good enough to keep a clean sheet (not saying Llera is necessarily a better defender than these two).

Do you think it might be because Wolves have a number of good options elsewhere?

Only Roger Johnson is decent for them imo and that's being kind to him. Wasn't Batth in their side that conceded 7 at the bridge in the carling cup? Now I know it's Chelsea but I'm fairly sure it would of been a 2nd string Chelsea.

Only Roger Johnson is decent for them imo and that's being kind to him. Wasn't Batth in their side that conceded 7 at the bridge in the carling cup? Now I know it's Chelsea but I'm fairly sure it would of been a 2nd string Chelsea.

OK, so now you're saying all Wolves' defenders are rubbish but Taylor isn't?

Do you think we could swap Taylor for Batth then, what with Wolves getting the better of the deal?

One of the reasons why I'm opposed to dropping Llera at this moment, is that with our current system and personnel we don't offer much in the way of a goal threat. Set pieces often seem like our best hope of scoring.

Llera is excellent at set pieces, and without him in the team I feel we're missing a much needed goal threat (Reda Johnson is the other one. If he were fit you could probably make a stronger argument for dropping Llera). Without him, I feel less confident about us nicking a goal, and I don't think Gardner and Taylor are good enough to keep a clean sheet (not saying Llera is necessarily a better defender than these two).

Fair point. It would be a bit strange to be picking a central defender on the basis that he offers a goal threat but as you say, its not as if the other options are likely to keep a clean sheet based on what we have seen so far and he does seem as likely to score as any of the other players with our current approach.

Taylor or Batth?

Hmm, let me think about that for a few nanoseconds.

Hindsight is a lovely thing, So Batth was decent for us in league 1, Can't get a sniff for a team in the same division as us now, But automatically he's the answer to all our problems? DJ saw him every day in training last season, If he feels he's not we need then I'm inclined to trust him on that seeing as he is the 2nd most experienced manager in the championship.

Hindsight is a lovely thing, So Batth was decent for us in league 1, Can't get a sniff for a team in the same division as us now, But automatically he's the answer to all our problems? DJ saw him every day in training last season, If he feels he's not we need then I'm inclined to trust him on that seeing as he is the 2nd most experienced manager in the championship.

Do you trust all his signings then?

Ps - choose your answer carefully, I'm good at this game

Edited by theowlsman

Do you trust all his signings then?

Still relatively early to say, Every signing at the time I thought were good captures for the league we were going into, Mattock and Maguire haven't produced as I would of hoped but like I say it's still early, it's not as though the 2 aforementioned didn't have successful spells in the division last season.

Still relatively early to say, Every signing at the time I thought were good captures for the league we were going into, Mattock and Maguire haven't produced as I would of hoped but like I say it's still early, it's not as though the 2 aforementioned didn't have successful spells in the division last season.

Aah, diversionary tactics.

So, Taylor falls into the same category as Mattock and Maguire then? Bought by DJ and had successful spells in the division LAST season?

Aah, diversionary tactics.

So, Taylor falls into the same category as Mattock and Maguire then? Bought by DJ and had successful spells in the division LAST season?

Not exactly no, In Taylor's case he already showed early season form with Watford, Incidently the very next game after he left they conceded 5 at derby.

I don't see the problem with bringing Taylor in for Llera. We're still conceding goals and Jones would be criticised if he didn't try everything to remedy that. Blackburn aside, Taylor has been poor for us so far, but he is capable of much better. He's had a very good career so far at this level and above and there's every chance he can rediscover that form with us. He was showing it for Watford before he signed for us after all. Llera is making mistakes and Gardner is our best performing defender. Makes sense for DJ to give Taylor another go in place of Llera.

I dont care about watford birmingham or any other side, whenever hes played for us he has been diabolical. Hes like Darren was, his best days are long gone, except darren purse could at least head a ball, Taylor shrinks three feet when he jumps, unreal you think hes good

Good god I despair of our supporters

Not exactly no, In Taylor's case he already showed early season form with Watford, Incidently the very next game after he left they conceded 5 at derby.

They've had a decent record though recently haven't they? Do you think they're missing him now?

Has he continued his fine early season form at Hillsborough?