llera dropped tomo is this true.

Guest waggylad

Taylor makes a few mistakes, everybody screams for him to be dropped

Llera makes a few mistakes, (and away at Boro it was more than one) and any mention of him being dropped is met with anger and disappointment, that can't be right.

Llera offers a decent goal threat, but defensively he's really not good enough, he's been hammered lately by Boro and Blackpool, really don't see the problem with him missing out, if that is what happens tomorrow.

Guest Wilf Marshall

Taylor is the better defender potentially in my opinion. He has proved that over the last few seaons. Yes he had some poor games early on for us but I think we have to give him another chance.

Llera has his iconic moments but since we don't look like scoring from set pieces, as the delivery is so poor, then his worth to the team is diminished.

Maybe Beevers comes back like a beast and gets a look in but really we need to go and get someone else in Jan to partner Gardener.

All the best to whoever plays tomorrow.

Guest Bald Owl

Pi$$ off, Seems like you know naff all, If Taylor's that bad how come he's been championship or above throughout his career?

You are kidding, do you know anything about the human body or football? You do actually get to an age were your not good enough physically even if you played in the Premiership all your career and he's fat and bad.

llera dropped one last game. so taylor gets his chance and if he takes it then fair enough he stays in the side.

This is the way it should be. We should back whoever is playing.

Unfortunately as much as I like Llera, I have to agree with this. It's how a squad as big as ours should work. But it has to be the same throughout the squad or it looks unfair. On a side note, I'd rather have Rob Jones coming into the team than Taylor. Atleast big Rob knows his limitations and does what he needs to do and can head a ball. I know it's league 1 but apparently he's winning everything at the back for Donny

That isn't a totally valid comparison though, because Cardiff fans told us Purse was crap long before we signed him.

Whereas Watford fans were gutted to see Taylor leave and were saying that he was playing very well for them THIS season.

To be fair, the same could be said for Mattock. Brighton fans were gutted he came to us, they went on to sign Wayne Bridge to soften the blow and we ended up with a player that can't get in the team, even in front of Dan Jones

Guest MrsGoggins

First it was O'Grady. Now Llera.

These aren't bad players, and they play in the right way (passion and commitment) but I really do wish some Wednesday fans would stop building them up into something that they're not.

If Llera gets dropped, he can have no complaints. He pops up with the odd goal which is great, but so far this season, the league games he has started are as follows:

Derby. Team goals conceded: 2.

Birmingham. Team goals conceded: 2.

Millwall. Team goals conceded: 2.

Palace. Team goals conceded: 2.

Brighton. Team goals conceded: 3.

Hull. Team goals conceded: 1.

Leeds. Team goals conceded: 1.

Blackburn. Team goals conceded: 1.

Ipswich. Team goals conceded: 0. (CLEAN SHEET)

Peterborough. Team goals conceded: 1.

Blackpool. Team goals conceded: 2.

Middlesbrough. Team goals conceded: 3.

No matter how you want to look at it, that is a truly horrendous set of defensive results, and NONE of our defenders can stand up and say that they deserve a place in the team apart from maybe Gardner.

And who was the keeper?

Guest intercity0wl

How many goals have been Kirkland's fault thus season?

Not many, if any, yet i can remember many a save that has kept the opponents goal tally respectable.

First it was O'Grady. Now Llera.

These aren't bad players, and they play in the right way (passion and commitment) but I really do wish some Wednesday fans would stop building them up into something that they're not.

If Llera gets dropped, he can have no complaints. He pops up with the odd goal which is great, but so far this season, the league games he has started are as follows:

Derby. Team goals conceded: 2.

Birmingham. Team goals conceded: 2.

Millwall. Team goals conceded: 2.

Palace. Team goals conceded: 2.

Brighton. Team goals conceded: 3.

Hull. Team goals conceded: 1.

Leeds. Team goals conceded: 1.

Blackburn. Team goals conceded: 1.

Ipswich. Team goals conceded: 0. (CLEAN SHEET)

Peterborough. Team goals conceded: 1.

Blackpool. Team goals conceded: 2.

Middlesbrough. Team goals conceded: 3.

No matter how you want to look at it, that is a truly horrendous set of defensive results, and NONE of our defenders can stand up and say that they deserve a place in the team apart from maybe Gardner.

Why don't you put a comparison to the last 12 games of last season ?