Why are Huddersfield doing well?

Guest Wilf Marshall

We all creamed our pants when we signed McCabe , Barkley, Antonio and Bothroyd - fact

People hailed McCabe as our best central midfielder after one game against Derby.

He's a good player, but some people are just as guilty of overrating our new signings as some are of overrating last seasons team.

Guest foreverSWFC

Maybe not setting your sights so high at start of season too, all I read on here was talk of play offs minimum. Huddersfield have been realistic and so far doing even better than hoped for, everyone's a winner!

Fans weren't given any false promises or daft hopes of tearing the league apart. Doing things quietly and effectively so far and no knee jerk reactions to the defeats like the hammering we got at Millwall.

Exactly.

Everything Wednesday shouldn't have/shouldn't be doing.

Guest hirsty9

A footbal season is not a sort ride. All three teams that were promoted from League One will have their good and bad spells. Huddersfield will have their bad run at some point.

Wishfull thinking..Huddersfield are streets ahead of us due to lack of decent signings. I'm not saying we should chuck money at it , but we need some hardworking players because something is not working, no closing down, no tackling, no urgency, against middlesborough we were statues.

So it's all about our team hasn't settled , ok I will wait until that day comes , any idea when ?

You said "we signed inexperienced players, they signed experienced ones"

That is total nonsense.

I listed six experienced Championship players we signed in the summer which you totally ignored in your selective argument.

It's clear those players haven't settled and are not performing.

You need to address the question of why not to the management team at SWFC, not at me.

Guest wilyfox

i wouldn't say Huddersfield have bought that well, because the likes of Beckford, Vaughan & Hammill aren't theirs - but they are quality loans. having said that, a few match reports have suggested that Huddersfield are picking up points but not playing that well. maybe their bubble will burst..?

Guest JC Saviour

I don't really know that much about them but why is it they seem to be doing well?

Do they play a particular way?

Did the players they signed gel?

Far superior squad.

Guest Sunflower

i wouldn't say Huddersfield have bought that well, because the likes of Beckford, Vaughan & Hammill aren't theirs - but they are quality loans. having said that, a few match reports have suggested that Huddersfield are picking up points but not playing that well. maybe their bubble will burst..?

yep, it may burst but we are deservedly 6th in table and playing well,,,, although last 2 wins were against the garbage of Barnsley & Bristol City, 2 teams that Wednesday will surely finish above also..

Town fans are just enjoying the ride so far and edging closer to the 50 point safety mark..

Guest wilyfox

yep, it may burst but we are deservedly 6th in table and playing well,,,, although last 2 wins were against the garbage of Barnsley & Bristol City, 2 teams that Wednesday will surely finish above also..

Town fans are just enjoying the ride so far and edging closer to the 50 point safety mark..

don't blame you; wish we could say the same lol

Guest Bertyofcleck

Hi Guys n Gals

It is nice to see some balanced views of Town on here instead of the 'tinpot' stuff some of your fans come out with.

Apart from a couple of very poor performances, and results, Simon Grayson has done a fantastic job so far.

Most of us knew that the defense and midfield were not going to be good enough for championship football.

Grayson told Dean Hoyle who he would like to add to the squad, and Dean Hoyle signed every player that the club moved for.

Many of us thought Peter Clarke would struggle at the back, but he has really surprised us with his performances so far,

and along with Jack Hunt, and two great signings in Joel Lynch and Paul Dixon, have performed well apart from the trips to Peterboro and Millwall

The signings of Adam Clayton and Keith Southern have been the crucial ones for me.

Those two get better with each game.

We lost Jordan on the last day of the market, which was a blow, but an offer which was great for the club.

Dean then went out and persuaded Jermain Beckford to take a 33% pay cut to join the club, and his wages are being paid out of the increase in tv money.

Dean Hoyle has been on the local radio tonight, and stated that the club intended spending some of the £8M we are getting from the Rhodes sale, and also trying to extend Beckford's stay to at least the end of the season.

Now although we are already up to 27 points, and the first aim is to reach 50,

we know that some performances have not been brilliant.

But if we can keep grinding out points when we have not played well, and maybe add a little something in January,

who knows what the rest of the season may bring.

Edited by Bertyofcleck

Huddersfield got £8million up front for Rhodes?! Are you sure.....?

Most of their signings arrived before the Rhodes transfer, and even then they haven't spent that much. Norwood was a free and Clayton was under £1 million.

Better signings

Better Chairman

Better Manager.

They're a better team than us at the moment, and will be for some time. Get over it.

Are you a Huddersfield fan?

I don't think we are that far off. The Leeds game showed we have the quality and with a better ref could ave been 4 up by half time. Even against Boro Friday with a bit more composure we would have been competing.

We had a great start, but have failed until recently to field a settled side, more so when you consider the way DJ tried to fit his new signings in. I think Taylor and Mattock may well come back into the side over the next few games, hopefully strengthening us at the back. We have the players in midfield and up front DJ just needs to play them in the right positions and get some sort of reserve games or short loan deals to keep the squad players fit.

Huddersfield are a decent championship side now, it is now all about how they deal with injuries, losing loan players and suspensions, long way to go yet. I would not be surprised to see the three teams that came up from L1 end the season mid table maybe one of them pushing for the playoffs.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

We all creamed our pants when we signed McCabe , Barkley, Antonio and Bothroyd - fact

and Rodri don't forget the Barcelona wonder kid...

and I belive that they are great signings , maybe apart from Bothroyd who I donlt deny has class BUT is not the player we need right now. and his attitude is questionable re work rate in his current position.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

You said "we signed inexperienced players, they signed experienced ones"

That is total nonsense.

I listed six experienced Championship players we signed in the summer which you totally ignored in your selective argument.

It's clear those players haven't settled and are not performing.

You need to address the question of why not to the management team at SWFC, not at me.

this!