Why are Huddersfield doing well?

Guest Wilf Marshall

Guest Foxhill Owl

The truth of the matter is , we had a very poor tranfer window , they pulled some very good rabbits out of the hat fair play to them .

We signed inexperienced players, they signed experienced players.

We signed Rodri , they got Vaughan .

We signed pecnik they got hammil

We got lee they got lynch

We got McCabe they got southern

And so on non of our players had experience at championship level . Not one of that lot.

The truth of the matter is , we had a very poor tranfer window , they pulled some very good rabbits out of the hat fair play to them .

And so on non of our players had experience at championship level . Not one of that lot.

and I'm glad!

Guest Foxhill Owl

Not saying mcCabe isn't going to be a great signing he has unbelievable Trekkers but we have no expetience in the middle , that's also Wat we are missing .

This is rubbish.

The comparison above is totally distorted.

We signed Championship players in Kirkland, Gardner, Taylor, Mattock, Antonio and Bothroyd.

All well regarded players prior to coming to Hillsborough.

Kirkland has played premiership football.

CP fans were gutted to lose Gardner.

Brighton fans were desperate to sign Mattock.

Watford fans and their manager were gutted to see Taylor go.

Antonio was well regarded and is clearly good enough for the Championship.

Bothroyd has played in the Premiership.

If they had settled like the Huddersfield players we would be mid table or above.

We're great at finding bullsh!t excuses.

Edited by RichSheffWeds

Guest Foxhill Owl

This is rubbish.

The comparison above is totally distorted.

We signed Championship players in Kirkland, Gardner, Taylor, Mattock, Antonio and Bothroyd.

All well regarded players prior to coming to Hillsborough.

Kirkland has played premiership football.

CP fans were gutted to lose Gardner.

Brighton fans were desperate to sign Mattock.

Watford fans and their manager were gutted to see Taylor go.

Antonio was well regarded and is clearly good enough for the Championship.

Bothroyd has played in the Premiership.

If they had settled like the Huddersfield players we would be mid table or above.

We're great at finding bullsh!t excuses.

So it's all about our team hasn't settled , ok I will wait until that day comes , any idea when ?

Maybe not setting your sights so high at start of season too, all I read on here was talk of play offs minimum. Huddersfield have been realistic and so far doing even better than hoped for, everyone's a winner!

Fans weren't given any false promises or daft hopes of tearing the league apart. Doing things quietly and effectively so far and no knee jerk reactions to the defeats like the hammering we got at Millwall.

Pretty sure that it was not 'all you read on here', more likely all you care to remember. A lot of us were far more rational than that; I myself have always stated mid table with no real drama would be fine by me (not working out even for my modest hopes). But, don't let the truth get in the way of a dig at us eh?

It is like when fans of other clubs go on about us being arrogant - what they mean is that some people can be high in expectations, wholly ignoring the more realistic posts.

Guest Foxhill Owl

We all creamed our pants when we signed McCabe , Barkley, Antonio and Bothroyd - fact

Barkley Antonio Bothroyd yes I did , didn't really know McCabe at all .

Huddersfield got £8million up front for Rhodes?! Are you sure.....?

Most of their signings arrived before the Rhodes transfer, and even then they haven't spent that much. Norwood was a free and Clayton was under £1 million.

Better signings

Better Chairman

Better Manager.

They're a better team than us at the moment, and will be for some time. Get over it.

Guest Sunflower

Pretty sure that it was not 'all you read on here', more likely all you care to remember. A lot of us were far more rational than that; I myself have always stated mid table with no real drama would be fine by me (not working out even for my modest hopes). But, don't let the truth get in the way of a dig at us eh?

It is like when fans of other clubs go on about us being arrogant - what they mean is that some people can be high in expectations, wholly ignoring the more realistic posts.

I apologise but you get my drift, much higher expectations. We've got. A good manager, and a good chairman and have also had a bit of luck, and not had the pressure of high expectations that comes with a bigger club.