My first post! And it's Bothryoyd!

Guest mahoosive

Guest Bald Owl

Bothroyd no matter where any of you want to play him is and has been dire in all but one game, you can't allow him to roam he's idle, you can't allow him to play up front he's too slow. We're playing with ten every game.

How anyone can put his performance anywhere near Llera last night I do not know. A centre back who made one poor pass but had more attacking chances than our world beater Bothroyd who I think is employed to get chances is he not?

People on here like statistics so here's a good one for all those telling us about Jays fabulous ability and his no doubted unbelievable quality.

Jay Bothroyd striker

Last 24 Championship games played, 1 goal. What a return from our hero that'll keep us up. Please DJ keep playing him. You outed Taylor because he was poor, Jays worst.

I said when we got him he would be the player single handed who would get DJ the sack.

Guest Big Guns

I wish I could have been arsed to read your MASSIVE first post sorry I know it would have made your day

But I'm a MASSIVE Bellsniffer I jasmine I mean deliver that Bothroyd played up front would be the bat I mean best

My longest list ever ..post

He's not playing as a striker though is he? I'll admit that he's not really pulling up trees but based on what I saw of his performance last night, he was no better or worse than any of his teammates Did some of you even watch the match? Usual Wednesday scapegoating regardless of what actually happened in the game.

My problem with the whole thing is that he was our big striker signing - the man DJ has picked to be the main man up top with a prolific record at this level. We seriously can't be sat here in November having signed a plethora of forwards looking to sign another one to save us?

The reality is that he arrived unfit - not a problem itself as he had no pre-season - but he was taken out of the spotlight by putting him on the wing and has delivered very little since.

The thing is, I don't really think JB himself is the issue - yes, he isn't the quickest or most powerful but his record speaks for itself and he's clearly got class and ability.

My problem is that despite having him at Cardiff as part of a wicked front two, DJ hasn't just stuck to his own guns and put him back in the place he was brought here to be in - a striker who has his neck and record on the line. Instead, he's languishing as an inneffective midfielder that stunts our entire system.

Quite why, I have no idea. But its costing us big style and I can't see how Bothroyd himself can be overly happy about things either - he just wants to do his stuff.

Like everyone else, when we signed him I thought it was as a striker He's not a target man but I was surprised that he was withdrawn into the five man midfield instead of playing up front You can see the logic in playing him there, along with Barkley, he's the best passer of the ball we have. The problem for me is, if he is to play there, who plays up front? Frankly none of the other forwards are good enough to play the lone strikers role. Unfortunately I think the only solution is to bring yet another striker in

Press on. Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.

Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.

Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.

Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent

WISE WORDS

You can have all the talent in the world but if you're not interested it means flip all.

For once I agree with BG (must be because he's p1ssed) - give him a chance as a striker in a 4-4-2 formation and we might see something from him.

He played as a striker in a 4-4-2 in his first few games when he came to us but of course we must give him the benefit of the doubt on those games as he apparently wasn't fully fit. 4-4-2 is DJ's preferred formation, if JB was as effective as we would like him to be in that role then that is how he would have been employed.

He is not all that bothered and we were better off before he joined us.

Guest RAMPANT OTTER83

He is not a winger, never has been! Play him has a striker, his natural posistion and judge him from there!

Its exactly the same case if madine was put on the wing. He would be poo !

Lets judge jay when and if he gets a run as a striker

Guest mpinkie182

I hope your observations (which are spot on as far as I have seen since he came here) were made from the Riverside and not via the TV as certain posters on here state you are not allowed to be negative about effort and attitude if you were not in the ground.

I ment to give you a green up, not a red down!

I must be one of the few that doesn't mind Jay Bothroyd playing where he is, his passing is his biggest attribute, his goals will be a bonus. What I'd like to see is a quality forward brought in, someone like Frazier Campbell perhaps, then we good even push Jay further forward, at least there'd be someone on the same wavelength. What is the point in us having players like him and Barkley if all we are going to do is knock it up to a static forward? I see, with a decent forward, us operating a less rigid system, being able to switch from 451-433 or even 442 when needed. Seriously we need to be thinking about a more modern game and embracing players like Bothroyd and Barkley, not flippingdriving them away.

Bothroyd has quality though, it doesn't help when the fans get on his back, he probably can't be arsed because of the negativity aimed at him when he was trying to get match fit.

He's a striker playing out of position and although he brings a calmness and quality on the ball, his defensive duties do let him down....

you would hope his experience would allow him to have that calmness and quality, but he seems to ****** at his shots rather than compose himself, and at least once the other night barkley was in a better position and he should of given him the ball, as an experienced player you would expect him to do so.

Guest Bedders

I've tried to remain positive about jay Bothryoyd! I kept a specific eye on him last night at boro, to see if their was any validation to his tweets regarding "give me chances and ill score" etc.

DJ is playing a 4-1-4-1 system. Many fans are unhappy with this formation, but in my opinion it isn't supposed to be a rigid 4-1-4-1. The design is that when we have possession of the ball, it is supposed to quickly become a 4-3-3 system with semedo pushing into the middle and MA and JB making a 3 up top! When we lose the ball then it should quickly revert to a 4-1-4-1. (A lot like how Blackpool play)

Now JB states "give me chances and ill score". He is playing the same role as Antonio, often swapping flanks with him. JB is insinuating that he isn't getting any service! In reality he's getting the same service as MA, however MA is getting 5/6 chances per match......why? Because MA is making and creating for himself, by making intelligent runs off he ball, regaining possession when losing the ball, believing in lost causes etc etc. all things good professionals should be doing!

Now this is where my observations of JB last night were so dissapointing! It is rumoured hat JB is earning 35k per week, probably around 5 times as muck as MA, so in theory you'd want 5 times as much productivity from him???

Things I observed from JB last night is why we need to change him, but not the system. Whilst we were in possession of the ball JB was often stationary, expecting the ball to his feet, there was an occasion where Buxton played a ball to him on the touch line, it was a poor ball from LB, but no attempt was made from JB to even try and rescue the ball from going out if touch, instead he did the "I'm brilliant" shrugging of the shoulders. He made very little attempt at creating this 4-3-3 while we had the ball, which in turn makes the said formation look totally wrong.

What is more criminal and will become increasingly important, is that when HE lost possession of the football, never mind anyone else, it was his refusal to work to regain the ball (Antonio, always does this, with success) but instead rely on others to do his hard yards, which in turn, drags around this 4-1-4-1 shape I was talking about earlier. His protection of LB at right back is zero, making Buxton look poor. Since JB has been playing wide right, I can't remember when Lewis Buxton has bombed forward like he likes to. IMO this is because he daren't overlap JB because if possession breaks down then JB ain't gona bust a gut to drop in for him.

We are going to be in some real battles very soon, and every player has got to give 100% and be very disciplined to stick to the formation to do the job in hand, and I'm afraid I don't think JB has got that in him, so yes regrettably I am saying its time for a re-think DJ?

On a more positive note, really looking forward to semedo day at forest, where we can guarantee a player giving his all for the cause!! UTO

I've heard that exact figure as well...but not sure how much we are offsetting?

Just strange it's the exact figure I've heard to.

Edited by Bedders

Guest davet30

..................- yes, he isn't the quickest or most powerful but his record speaks for itself and he's clearly got class and ability.

Reminds me a little of Franny Jeffers fox in the box pah