My first post! And it's Bothryoyd!

Guest mahoosive

Thing is, all I hear is Bothroyd, he's lazy, he's crap send him back. I'm the one who's backed up why I think you're wrong with evidence. I understand why people might have differing views to me. But at least I have tried to back up my argument. Lets take the game against Middlesborough shall we, where I feel Bothroyd had an average game, better than some but no worse than most.

You watched the match, did he or did he not, play at least three balls into the box, ome that Antonio mis controlled, one that hung up perfectly for someone to head in, Madine rooted to the spot never moved, and one which led to our only goal. On top of that, he had three strikes at goal, although only one was on target. He headed away one in swinging corner, of the type that led to a goal after he'd left the field of play. For those that say he never tackles back, he made one crunching tackle on the halfway line.

OK, I agree he didn't take the game by the scruff of the neck but to say he did nothing is ridiculous.

For all those slagging the guy, tell me what meaningful contributions others made in the match that showed Jay Bothroyd's to be such an under par performance.

I'm no Jay Bothroyd apologist but I will defend him against some of the unsubstantiated crap spouted on here.

Its not a great deal for 90 minutes is it? And for me it's the things he doesn't do. Track back, make more than one tackle, get into advanced positions when we are attacking down the other flank.

Its not a great deal for 90 minutes is it? And for me it's the things he doesn't do. Track back, make more than one tackle, get into advanced positions when we are attacking down the other flank.

I agree and that was one of his better performances. The position he is playing in doesn't suit him and that has to be down to the manager continuing to persist with this system and him in it, it's not as if we don't have other options. That said, he did very little of note when he was played up front.

Now that's more realistic, he doesn't track back enough when opponents have the ball and he does need to get forward a bit more, that's fair enough, but some of the stick he got on here after Fridays performance was totally unjustified His performance wasn't great but it was no worse than anyone else. Others may have run around more but did nothing particularly constructive. As I said before, his role has changed somewhat, him and Barkley are now the passers in the team and if others make the runs 90 per cent of the time the pass will find them. I too want to see him get forward more often because I believe he will get goals coming from a deeper position where defenders will find it difficult to pick him up.

Guest zico sterland

you just dont get it,loan signings are meant to improve the team,they are usually from a higher division,they are meant to lift the team and take us forward Re Marshall and Antonio even Ranger to some extent last season.They are a precious resource as we only get so many a season so need to make an impact.Bothroyd has now played 11 games were is his match changing contributions,he flicked 3 balls into the box and er made 1 tackle and was no worse than most,is that what we should be loaning into move this team forward.His great creativity where ? His shooting ability dont make me laugh,Great in the air doesnt even get in the box.Defenders dont need to pick him up because he doesnt break into a jog never mind bomb into the box.As for running around if you dont track your man we may as well play with 10 men.Bothroyd has had his chance just dont see why you think he is going to improve,effort and application are required in proffesional sport and he shows no sign of either.1goal in 11 games and 1 assist a very poor return ,added to his work rate and attitude shocking.Thanks but no thanks.

Edited by zico sterland