Are Barkley and Bothroyd on must-play deals?

What does everyone think?

For me Bothroyd must be, to start tonight after he was DIRE tuesday. Can't understand why QPR would demand a must play clause though, he's no youngster making his way.

Barkley seems like he is too, and you would kinda expect that Everton would want him to play. But even so if he can't get in the team on his own merit, I wonder if we're better off without him. He has been quality at times up to now, but we are having to play this 4-3-3 to accomodate him.

Must cause problems in the dressing room!

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Time to drop Bothroyd if he is playing him in that position and this team in a 4-5-1 time to play someone who has some energy to make up a 4-3-3 AND cover back.

HE hasnt so if persisting with this formaiton Bothroyd should be dropped simple...

Maybe it would do Barkley the world of good in his development if he was dropped. He might realise that coming to Wednesday with a "reputation" from a Premier League club doesnt mean that you will take the league by storm and that you have to put hard work in. I can just imagine Barkley and Bothroyd thinking I wonder which other nine players will be playing with us today. For all the Barkley fans he has had more crap games than good and I dont want my team being some playground for other teams "future England players"

I'm disappointed in DJ for bringing them in really, particularly Bothroyd.

It does smack of desperation when you bring players in who must play, just because you feel they are the best available and need them. Never going to work unless you strike gold on a Marshall, and tbf Barkley does seem to be but im not sure he can play in a mid 2 yet.

Disappointed in Mandy too for agreeing to it.

Im amazed people think that these deals exist.

No manager worth his salt would accept another manager telling him who he must play. Whether he has favourites or not though is another matter.

Bothroyd didnt do too badly going forward in the first half and did well to control that chance from Antonios cross. His shooting was wild after that though and his tracking back was poor.

Barkley has dug us out of too many holes and he has no reason not to be in the side. But we cant rely heavily on an 18 year old and a lad who played in Ireland last season to be consistent. We need an experienced leader in there.

Barkley came off the bench in his first match so may be on a must play deal, rather than a must start.

Bothroyd is surely on a must start deal. We carried him when he joined us on loan, game in game out and our results suffered for it.

Yep, has Bothroyd started every game for us? Jesus, no wonder we've been on a bad run if you think about it.

Barkley came off the bench in his first match so may be on a must play deal, rather than a must start.

Bothroyd is surely on a must start deal. We carried him when he joined us on loan, game in game out and our results suffered for it.

barkleys contract is week to week now so its a totally different contract to before Edited by The Courteener

Im amazed people think that these deals exist.

No manager worth his salt would accept another manager telling him who he must play. Whether he has favourites or not though is another matter.

Bothroyd didnt do too badly going forward in the first half and did well to control that chance from Antonios cross. His shooting was wild after that though and his tracking back was poor.

Barkley has dug us out of too many holes and he has no reason not to be in the side. But we cant rely heavily on an 18 year old and a lad who played in Ireland last season to be consistent. We need an experienced leader in there.

Maybe not but I wish Rob or Paul would ask DJ about it. That would clear it up for everyone.

Guest Sheff Owl

Why can't people believe that these things happen.

Do people really think that Everton would loan us Barkley and accept him being on the bench?

He is one of the country's best prospects, Everton rate him very highly, they want him to learn and improve - how will he do that on our bench?

What is the point of loaning him to be on the bench?

With Bothroyd he is not wanted at QPR, no squad number so not sure if QPR would insist he plays but Bothroyd might have wanted reassurances that he will play, otherwise what is the point of coming just to sit on the bench, he ain't exactly young.