Antonio

A lot of people on here were questioning Antonio and whether he was as good as last season.

The simple answer is he is much BETTER than last season, but his week points are being shown. Why? Well if he could score goals consistently and not miss 4/5 a match, he would be worth 20 million pretty quickly. He is immense down the wing and is tireless. You can see his frustration in himself when he misses the chances. He's a young lad and a MASSIVE prospect and by far the best player this season.

Maybe a week with Hirsty would sort this one out (and I don't mean in the pub!).

Imagine how dull our side would be without Antonio in it. Scary!

Now if only we had someone who could do the same on the other wing........

He looked knackered from the start.

He absolutely busted his arse in a short spell in the first half, looked like it took a lot out of him, he was struggling to get back onside when we got the ball back.

He's an absolute gem of a player, still very young. In 3 or 4 years when he's coming into his prime he's going to be a top class player. As it is right now we simply have to be patient and take the rough with the smooth, just as we had to do with Brunt.

Edited by Wath-owl

Guest GrahamHydeFanClub

Seriously? Never stopped for 90 minutes. Knackered - maybe thats just the way he looks! Plus when he is carrying an entire team would it be surprising?

A legend in the making without a doubt.

Quite possibly yes.

He looked beat though. Testament to him though for keeping going to the end.

Guest GrahamHydeFanClub

He absolutely busted his arse in a short spell in the first half, looked like it took a lot out of him, he was struggling to get back onside when we got the ball back.

He's an absolute gem of a player, still very young. In 3 or 4 years when he's coming into his prime he's going to be a top class player. As it is right now we simply have to be patient and take the rough with the smooth, just as we had to do with Brunt.

Agree.

Just a little bit of composure and he will be awsome. Legs looked as though they went late 2nd half, however I can't think of when he has been subbed - has he played every minute of every game he started this season. Hope he can recover for friday, then enjoy the break.

So pissed of to with durso in 2nd half when their midfielder tried to take him out, antonio kept going and he never booked player when ball went dead. Hey, but isn't that the story of season!

Guest Obese Owl

Some nobber on the kop trying to tell me antonio is lazy *cant catch my breath* about 5 of them after the 2nd min bloody 2nd min into a game, ' ah we're vvank tonight, why are antonio and o'grady on the pitch', wish these type of so called 'fans would flip off S2, what good are they doing to the cause

He's our only threat game after game and needs some help. He constantly has to risk going offside in order to get one on one with the last defender then we lob it over the top. We're so one dimensional as a result.

I'd put Buxton above them all personally. He just never seems to have a bad game.

Buxton has quietly been our best player for some time now.