Does DJ know his best side ?

"THE MADOWL" started a thread a few weeks ago knowing full well DJ had no idea who is best side was,

Now, its looking more like, he knows exactly what he wants..... its taken a while for players to gel.

Even "THE MADOWL" has an idea now who should be in the starting 11.

yh we seem to have sorted the starting 11 out, but what happens what argueably our two best players in bothroyd and barkely return to their parent clubs?

They are definitely not arguably our best players in present form. I was questioning DJs ability a few weeks ago to move us forward however Ive learnt to be patient and realise hes a manager who does actually know what he needs to do to get us up. It may take a little time, there will be blips however he will do it.

I trust DJs decisions to replace players now they are in place if required. We obviously needed wholesale changes at first to move forward ..... sad to break a promotion team up however its going to prove to be once again a master stroke by DJ. The overall quality had to change to compete at this level properly.

Guest Sniper1

I think he's pretty much got it.

Id say he would love Reda at left back and probably McCabe in for Corry.

He's probably regretting signing Martin Taylor and that he should have spent money on Treacy rather than Maguire.

Rodri was a gamble that seems to have failed.

Guest RocketOwl

Our best team is. Bywater, Buxton, Llera, Gardner, Reda (depending on if Bennet ever gets back to the form he is capable of) Antonio, Semedo, Barkley, JJ, Bothroyd, Madine. This is the team Jones would player if we were mid table.

Jones is not playing what he thinks is his best side. He is playing the side that will keep him in a job.

Some truth in this I expect. Think he's had to adapt to (hopefully) survive. He'd probably prefer 2 up front but while players are still finding their feet (McCabe, Corry, Gardner, Jones and Lines eventually) he'll prob persist with this.

They are definitely not arguably our best players in present form. I was questioning DJs ability a few weeks ago to move us forward however Ive learnt to be patient and realise hes a manager who does actually know what he needs to do to get us up. It may take a little time, there will be blips however he will do it.

I trust DJs decisions to replace players now they are in place if required. We obviously needed wholesale changes at first to move forward ..... sad to break a promotion team up however its going to prove to be once again a master stroke by DJ. The overall quality had to change to compete at this level properly.

Did this ability to learn to be patient coincide with us winning a game by any chance?

Fickle

I agree and then Bennett may get a chance again.

Give it a flipping rest now Julian.